MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination to be held in INDIA on Tuesday 25 January 2005
The Federation of Royal Colleges of Physicians takes pleasure in announcing that the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination will take place in India in Mumbai and Chennai on Tuesday 25 January 2005.
Candidates who have already applied to sit in the UK and who would like to transfer their application to India must follow the procedures already set out.
* The Examination fee is: £380
* The closing date for applications is Friday 19 November 2004.
* Applications may be submitted immediately (Please note that the early submission date for applications is only for candidates applying to the January 2005 MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination to be held in India).
* Please note that places are strictly limited and will be accepted and dealt with on a first come first served basis. Applicants are advised to submit their applications as early as possible.
* Late or incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
* You can download the application from mrcp site
* Application forms must be submitted to the following address:
MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination/INDIA
MRCP(UK) Central Office
The Royal College of Physicians
11 St Andrews Place,
Fax: (00 44) 020 7486 4514
In all correspondence give your name, date of birth and full contact details. If you are reapplying, please quote your candidate code number.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO SIT IN INDIA
It is essential that you read all of the following and comply with the instructions listed below when making your application to sit in the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination in India. Failure to do so may compromise your chance of acquiring a place.
To avoid delays in the processing of a large number of applications, candidates are asked NOT to contact the MRCP(UK) Central Office or the Glasgow, Edinburgh and London Administrative Centres where possible. They should refer to the instructions set out on this page, the 2004 Edition of the MRCP(UK) Regulations booklet, and notes for guidance listed on application forms A and B.
Candidates will be contacted by the MRCP(UK) Central Office when necessary.
If you do need to contact the college, please use the following:
Fax: (00 44) 020 7486 4514
IMPORTANT NOTES THAT MUST BE READ BY ALL CANDIDATES BEFORE COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
Selection of Examination Centre in India
* On the front page of Form A it asks you to state your First Choice Examination Centre please state clearly here whether your first choice centre is Mumbai or Chennai in India.
* Indicate clearly on the 2nd page of Form B, where it says OVERSEAS CENTRES:
1/Your first choice centre in India (for example: Mumbai or Chennai)
2/Your second choice centre in India (for example: Mumbai or Chennai)
* When completing the application form, where possible, candidates should provide an email address (printed very clearly) to allow for ease of correspondence with the MRCP(UK) Central Office and, if available, a mobile phone number. All phone numbers should be printed clearly and include the international and local dialling codes. If submitting an email address, candidates should check their email regularly to ensure they receive correspondence on time.
* If candidates change any of their contact details, they should immediately put these changes in writing to the MRCP(UK) Central Office (preferably by email or fax).
* If you are applying to the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination for the first time, you must submit evidence of your primary medical degree qualification.
The Part 1 Agreement on the second page of Form A gives details of what you need to submit in order to be accepted for the Examination. No alternatives will be considered and applications submitted without the necessary documentation will not be accepted.
Please note that authenticated copies of original primary medical degree qualification certificates (as detailed on Form A) are preferred as original copies of certificates may run the risk of loss and delay in being returned to you. Only copies authenticated by the bodies as listed on Form A (2nd page of the application form will be accepted). Any copies sent to the MRCP(UK) Central Office without the correct authentication will be rejected.
If you have Full, Limited or Provisional Registration with the General Medical Council and you appear on the GMC website (www.gmc.uk.org), you do not need to submit documentary evidence of your primary medical qualification. You must however complete Section 3, Form A to include your GMC number, the year and month you obtained your degree and the category of Registration you have obtained.
* A note on candidates names:
Where applicable, a document to expand all initials or clarify any abbreviations and discrepancies on primary medical degree certificates needs to be provided (see point 2 on the Part 1 Agreement 2nd page of Form A).
TRANSFERS TO SIT IN INDIA FROM THE UK
If you have already submitted an application form to sit the January MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination in the UK and now wish to take the Examination in India, please contact immediately, in writing, the administration centre to whom you submitted your form. Faxed and emailed requests are preferred. Please include your full name and date of birth and all your available contact details when making your request. Please also give your first and second choice of centre in India.
* If you sent your application to the Glasgow Administration Centre please contact the administration centre on: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax no: (00 44) 0141 248 3414
* If you sent your application to Edinburgh please contact the administration centre on: email@example.com or fax no: (00 44) 0131 225 2053
If you sent your application to London please contact the administration centre on: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax no: (00 44) 020 7486 8401
We cannot guarantee you a place in India but will do our utmost to make the necessary arrangements to transfer your application.
If you wish to transfer your application, please be aware that once the transfer has been confirmed you will need to submit an additional payment of £90 to the MRCP(UK) Central Office/India to make up the difference in Examination fee between the Examination being held in the UK and the Examination being held in India.
Candidates are requested NOT to contact the MRCP(UK) Central Office/India regarding acceptance to the Examination and the receipt of the documents listed below unless the following timescales have elapsed.
* 1/ Acknowledgement of receipt of application at the MRCP(UK) Central Office via email or postcard (where candidates have provided an email address or self addressed postcard): This will be sent within 3 weeks of the application arriving at the MRCP(UK) Central Office. Please allow for postal delays.
2/ Acknowledgement letter confirming acceptance to the Examination in India. This will be sent within 8 weeks of the application arriving at the MRCP(UK) Central Office. Please allow for postal delays.
* 3/ Admission email giving official details of the venue, date and time of the Examination This will be sent no less than two weeks before the Examination.
* 4/Admission document giving official details of the venue, date and time of the Examination. This will be sent no less than two weeks before the Examination.
Candidates must complete the application form fully and correctly before submitting it to the MRCP(UK) Central Office. Failure to do so will result in delays in the processing of your application form and may compromise your chances of obtaining a place in the Examination.