Applications are invited on prescribed form from Indian Nationals for admission to the following courses for the academic Year 2003-2004 commencing from
1st September, 2003.
A. POST-GRADUATE DEGREE/DIPLOMA COURSES
1.1 Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Institute Fellowship
a) Ph.D Degree in Clinical Psychology - 4
b) Ph.D Degree in Biophysics - 1
c) Ph.D Degree in Human Genetics - 1
d) Ph.D Degree in Neuroimaging
&Interventional Radiology - 1
e) Ph.D Degree in Neurophysiology - 2
f) Ph.D Degree in Speechpathology & Audiology - 1
1.2 Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) - Fellowships from recognised Institutions/Agencies
Candidates can register for the following disciplines. Entrance examination for selection of candidates for Ph.D programme in these departments will be held during the months of July and March. Candidates with fellowships from recognised Institutions/Agencies have to work on full time basis for a minimum period of three years (Two years for candidates with M.Phil /DNB /MD /MS /DM/ M.Ch degrees). Interested candidates should write to the Registrar along with complete bio-data specifying area of research interest
(1) Biophysics (2) Biostatistics (3) Clinical Psychology (4) Epidemiology (5) Health Education (6) Human Genetics (7) Neuroanaesthesia (8) Neurochemistry (9) Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology (10)Neurology (11)Neurophysiology (12)Neurosurgery (13) Neurovirology (14) Psychiatric Nursing (15) Psychiatric Social Work (16) Psychiatry (17) Psychopharmacology (18) Speech Pathology & Audiology.
2. DM Degree in Neurology 6 Seats*(1 for Foreign/Deputed)
3. DM in Neuroradiology 2 Seats
4. M.Ch Degree in Neurosurgery 6 Seats*(2 for Foreign/Deputed)
5. MD Degree in Psychiatry 14 Seats
6. Diploma in Psychiatry (DPM) 6 Seats
(For Karnataka Domicile Only)
7. Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neuropathology 2 Seats (1 for Deputed)
8. Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neuroanaesthesia 4 Seats (2 for Foreign/Deputed)
9. M.Phil in Clinical Psychology 15 Seats (3 for Foreign/Deputed)
10. M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work 15 Seats (3 for Foreign/Deputed)
11. M.Phil in Neurophysiology 2 Seats
12. M.Phil in Neurosciences 4 Seats
13. M.Phil in Biophysics 2 Seats
14.M.Sc in Psychiatric Nursing 6 seats
Foreign Nationals are required to submit their applications through the Diplomatic Channel (through the Ministry of External Affairs) They shall also appear for a common Entrance Examination along with the other candidates.
Deputed/Sponsored candidates should submit their application through proper channel and they should also appear for entrance examination. The candidates applying under this category for M.Ch. in Neurosurgery and DM in Neurology should not be above 40 years of age as on 27h July 2003
*If suitable foreign/deputed/sponsored candidate/s are not available, these seats will be filled by general merit candidates.
A SEPARATE APPLICATION FORM SHOULD BE OBTAINED AND SUBMITTED FOR EACH COURSE
A. ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
Minimal Qualification for admission to Sl.No. 1.1 (a to f).
(a) Ph .D in Clinical Psychology : MA/M.Sc degree in Psychology or two-year M.Phil degree in Clinical Psychology.
(b) Ph.D in Biophysics: M.Sc (physical/Life Sciences/MBBS/BE degree.
(c) Ph.D in Human Genetics: Masters degree in Zoology with cell biology/ genetics as specialization. M.Sc in Biochemistry /Biotechnology /Genetics/Human Genetics/Applied Genetics/Molecular biology.
(d) Ph.D in Neuroimaging & Interventional Radiology:MBBS/MD or DNB in Radiodiagnosis/ DM in Neurology/ M.Ch in Neurosurgery/ M.Sc/ BE/ B.Tech/B.Sc(Hon)/B.Sc Engg.
(e) Ph.D in Neuro-Physiology: Master's degree in Life Science or M.Phil or MBBS or BE degree.
(f) Ph.D in Speech pathology & Audiology: Masters degree in Speech & Hearing.
Minimal Qualification for admission to Sl. No.1.2 (1 to 18)
A Master’s degree in any discipline related to Mental Health and Neuro Sciences /MBBS/BE/B.Tech/B.Sc Engineering with a minimum of 55% marks in the aggregate to work full time for a minimum period of three years or M.Phil/DM in Neurology/M.Ch in Neurosurgery/MD/MS/DNB from a recognised University or from any other University recognised as equivalent thereto by NIMHANS to work full time for a minimum period of two years.
Common for Serial Nos. 1.1 and 1.2 Candidates with master's degree obtained through research and awarded on the basis of the evaluation of the thesis (from a University recognised by NIMHANS which do not award marks at the master's level) are also eligible to apply for Ph.D programme.
Minimal Qualifications for admission:
2. DM Degree in Neurology: (a) MBBS: The duration of the course will be for a period of five years. (b) MD/DNB in General Medicine or Paediatrics: The duration of the course will be for a period of three years.
3. DM in Neuro-Radiology: MD/DNB in Radio-diagnosis. The duration of the course will be for a period of three years.
4. M.Ch. in Neuro-surgery: (a) MBBS: The duration of the course will be for a period of five years. (b) MS/DNB in General Surgery or Orthopaedics: The duration of the course will be for a period of three years.
5. MD in Psychiatry: (a) MBBS: The duration of the course will be for a period of three years. (b) Diploma in Psychiatry (DPM): The duration of the course will be for a period of two years.
6. Diploma in Psychiatry (DPM): MBBS. The duration of the course will be for a period of two years.
7. Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neuropathology: MD/DNB in Pathology. The duration of course will be for a period of one year.
8. Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neuro Anaesthesia: MD degree in Anaesthesia.
The duration of course will be for a period of one year.
Minimum Qualifications for admission to M.Phil Courses from Sl.Nos. 9 to 13
M.Phil in Clinical Psychology: MA/M.Sc. degree in psychology.
M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work: Master’s Degree in Social Work.
M.Phil in Neurophysiology: Master’s Degree in Life Sciences/ MBBS degree.
M.Phil in Neurosciences: Master's degree in Physical/Life/Behavioural Sciences or BE/B.Tech or MBBS.
M.Phil in Biophysics: M.Sc. in Physical Life Science/MBBS/BE Degree
Minimum Qualifications for admission to M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing Course.(Sl.No.14)
a The course is open to those who are registered Nurses with B.Sc/ B.Sc (Hons) in Nursing.
b Should have a minimum of two years of experience after obtaining B.Sc / B.Sc. (Hons) in Nursing degree in Hospital Nursing Education, Institution or Community Health setting.
A relaxation of 5% on the aggregate of marks obtained will be given for non-medical and Ph.D courses in respect of SC/ST candidates.
Common for all Courses:
The qualifying degrees for all the above mentioned courses should be from a recognised University or from any other University recognised as equivalent thereto by NIMHANS. For medical qualification the degree should be recognised by the Medical Council of India.
The Candidates should have obtained not less than 55% of Marks in the aggregate of the Master's degree for non-medical courses.
In respect of Non-Medical Courses, candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examinations and are awaiting results, may also apply. However, such candidates will be eligible to appear in the final interview only if they produce the proof of having passed the examination in writing issued by the University as on the date of interview. In respect of Medical Courses, the candidates should have completed one year internship and registration with State Medical Council on or before 27/07/2003. MD/MS/DNB/DPM candidates should have passed respective Degree/Diploma examination on or before 27/07/2003.
Details regarding Emoluments/Stipend/Fellowship for the Medical and Non-Medical Courses are available in the Prospectus.
Foreign Nationals and Deputed candidates, from State Govt./Govt. of India, for courses are not eligible for any stipendiary benefits. The fee structure for Foreign Nationals will be charged in US Dollars and for deputed candidates in Indian Rupees.
RESERVATION OF SEATS:
1 Reservations are provided for SC/ST candidates as per Government of India directions, i.e., 22.5% (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST) of the total Post Graduate Medical and Non-Medical courses (except DM in Neurology, DM in Neuroradiology and M.Ch in Neurosurgery)
2 5% of the total Post-graduate Medical seats (except DM in Neurology, DM in Neuroradiology and M.Ch in Neurosurgery) are reserved for Medical Graduates who are working uner the Family Welfare Programmes in the rural areas having less than 5000 populations for more than 2 years subject to submission of certificate from the Tahsildar.
3 Six seats in Diploma in Psychiatry and three seats in M.Phil in Clinical Psychology are reserved for domiciles of Karnataka.
NOTE: To claim that the candidates are residents/domiciles of Karnataka State Origin, they have to produce certificate from the Tahsildar to the effect that he/she or his/her parent/father/mother has been a resident of Karnataka State for a period of 10 years or has owned or possessed landed property or house in Karnataka State.
Preference will be given to candidates deputed by Central/State Governments.
1. Application forms and Prospectus can be obtained from the Director, NIMHANS on request by mentioning the course and by enclosing a Demand Draft/Indian Postal Order of the value of Rs.250/- (non-refundable) drawn in favour of Director, NIMHANS, Bangalore-560029, along with a self addressed stamped envelope (25cm x 18cm) of Rs. 20.00.
2. This advertisement appears in our website. Application forms can also be downloaded from this site and duly completed forms can be sent with a Demand Draft for Rs.250/- drawn as above
3. Candidates may apply for more than one course provided they are eligible.
4. Application, complete in all respects, should be sent to the Director, NIMHANS, P.B.No.2900, Bangalore-560 029.
5. Last date for issuing application 20, May 2003
6. Receipt of completed application form at this Institute 26, May 2003
7. Written test will be held in respect of each course separately in Bangalore on 27th July 2003.
8. Commencement of the Course : 1st September, 2003.
(i) Last date for admission : 8, September, 2003
(ii) With prior request : 15, September, 2003
NIMH:ACA:DPN:DNN:DCNT:CNT:ADMN:2003-2004 Date: 01-04-2003
Applications in prescribed form are invited from eligible candidates / employees, for admission to the following courses for the Academic Year 2003-2004 commencing from 1st September’ 2003.
A. DIPLOMA COURSES IN NURSING
DURATION: One year.
1. Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing (DPN) - 30 Seats
2. Diploma in Neurological and Neurosurgical Nursing (DNN) - 06 Seats (Two seats are reserved for Military Nursing Officers)
Separate application forms should be obtained and submitted for each course
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
i) Should possess ‘A’ Grade Certificate in General Nursing, recognised by Indian Nursing Council
ii) Should be a registered nurse in the State Nursing Council, with TWO years experience
B. DIPLOMA IN CLINICAL NEUROPHYSIOLOGY TECHNOLOGY (DCNT)
DURATION : One year
Number of Seats - 4 Nos.
Preference will be given to deputed candidates from State/Central Govt/Public Undertaking/Private Institutions.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
Minimum Qualification: B.Sc with Physics/Electronics/Computer Sciences with minimum II Class in the qualifying examination.
Diploma in Electronic/Electrical/Instrumentation
Diploma in Computers (approved by Board of Technical Education)
PUC with 3 years experience as EEG Technician,
C. CERTIFICATE COURSE IN NEUROIMAGING & TECHNOLOGY
DURATION : One Year
Number of Seats: 2 Seats (Deputed candidates only)
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
Diploma in Radiographic Technology from vocational Board of Government of Karnataka or equivalent qualification.
Bachelors degree in Radiation technology from any recognised University or equivalent qualification.
Common for all Courses:
1) Reservation: 15% of seats are reserved for SC, 7.5% of seats are reserved for ST.
2) Details regarding stipend are available in the prospectus.
3) Deputed/Sponsored candidates are not entitled for stipend.
1. Application form and prospectus can be obtained from the Director, NIMHANS by enclosing an Indian Postal Order of value of Rs.100/- drawn in favour of the Director, NIMHANS, Bangalore, along with a self addressed stamped envelope (26 cm x 10 cm) of Rs. 20.00
2. Applications completed in all respects should be sent to the Director, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, P.B.No.2900, Bangalore-560 029
3. Last date for issuing application 20, May 2003
4. Receipt of completed application form at this Institute 26, May 2003
5. Commencement of the Course 1, Sept. 2003
(i) Last date for admission 8, Sept. 2003
(ii) With prior request 15, Sept. 2003
For all enquiries e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org