Hi all. I appeared in MCCEE May 2005 Examination and I have tried remembering some of the questions & topics from MCCEE may 2005. I hope this much information helps the ones preparing for the further sessions of
MCCEE. If someone from May, 05 knows some more of the questions, please do share
in MCCEE forums. All the best.
Some Important topics from where maximum questions came in MCCEE May 2005:
1. Gynaecology: cervical cancer, Pap smear, endometrial cancer, menopause etc.
2. Obstetrics: placenta praevia, ectopic pregnancy, PID, abortions, complications at delivery, eclampsia, pre-eclampsia etc.
3. Paediatrics: Don’t leave anything. Study everything, esp. child psychology.
4. Psychiatry: Read whole of Psychiatry very thoroughly esp. the Personality disorders, childhood disorders.
5. Social Medicine & ethics: read “doing right” by Philip c. Hebert
very thoroughly. A lot of questions were covered from PSM & ethics.
Some remembered questions: (don’t remember the full question with answer options, so giving the outline of the question)
1. Diabetic foot
2. Treatment of bacterial infection of SKIN.
3. Patient had AIDS. He died of pneumonia. What will u write as the cause of his death in the death certificate?
4. Side effects of SSRIs?
5. Treatment of ADHD?
6. Source of Vit.D?
8. Prevalence & incidence of disease.
9. Positive predictive value of disease.
10. Pedigree of autosomal dominant disease.
11. Huntington’s chorea- AD, AR?
13. Alcohol abuse.
14. Toddler’s diarrhoea
15. Alcoholic dementia.
16. Crohn’s disease vs. ulcerative colitis
17. When can behavioural psychotherapy be started?
18. Ectopic pregnancy
20. Endometrial carcinoma
22. Cancer of cervix
23. Relationship problems- husband wife. (Counselling question)
24. Duties of a psychiatrist towards his patient
25. Some questions on accident & trauma.
26. Universal antidotes
27. Burns in children
28. Twin pregnancy-one in breach other in transverse lie. How to proceed with delivery?
29. Ethics: pt. has terminal stage of cancer. Should we discuss his condition with him or his relatives only?
30. pt. has terminal illness & is in hospital. Death is near. He acquires pneumonia in hospital. Should he be treated for pneumonia or not since he has to die anyways.
31. Elderly abuse
32. Child abuse
33. Acoustic neuroma
Note: Originally posted at http://www.rxpgonline.com/postt30423.html