Hello Everyone, I just had my first interview and got selected. these are the questions asked, this was an interview for Psychiatry post. 2 interview panels interviewed separately, each panel had 2 consultants and 1 SPR.
Interview Panel 1
1. what is significance of research and how it can improve clinical care.
2. what makes a good teacher
3. clinical scenario: u r sho Psychiatry on call, A & E calls you, theres a 21 yr old lady who took 5 paracetamol tablets as deliberate self harm and an elderly agitated lady,
a) who will u see first and why?
b) u decide to see elderly lady, you find she is hallucinating, how will u assess and manage her.
c) u admit the lady on old age Psychiatry . next day u have to see her in ward, how will u gather more information about her
Interview Panel 2
1. what factors affect patient compliance with medications and how they can be improved?
2. what is the role of information technology in health care?
3. you r SHO Psychiatry on call, u have 5 discharge summaries to complete by tomorrow morning, ward nurse calls u, and says she feels that a patient may become aggressive in night and she will like you to write down some medications in case he needs it.
a) how will u respond?
b) you decide to increase the antipsychotic medications, how will u explain the side effects to the patient
c) in the middle of the night, u have to increase the medication dose, you are not sure about the dose, what will you do?
i spoke to other aplicants who had been giving interviews, they told me this is the most comprehensive and tough interview. so this is what u can expect to be asked in interview.
here are a couple of other scenarios my friends were asked at other interviews over last month
1. psychiatric patient is admitted under section 2, next day her mom comes and is concerned about her son, u need to talk to her, what will u do.
2. 72 yr old lady on medical ward, u have been called because she is agitated, nurse asks u how to manage her.
3. suicide risk assessment
4. a inpatient insists on self discharge despite all attempts to persuade him not to discharge himself, what will u do.
5. a heroin addict patient, 3rd day as an inpatient, insists on his subsitute medication being increased what will u do?
6. significance of MDT
I felt everyone new the right answers, it is your way of putting your answers in good wordings and being confident.
good luck everyone
Note: Originally posted at http://www.rxpgonline.com/postt35743.html