Well many times people have discussed methods about how to prepare for MRCP Part 1 exam; I think it varies from person to person. However I am sure about a few things that I would like to mention.
1. mrcp1 doesn't need a big book. Either Kalra or Oxford handbook(cover to cover) is essential. If someone has never studied a text book of medicine in his medical school then he may need to see important list of topics from one.... Davidson or Kumar n Clark. Oxford handbook is nice as it has almost everything, Kalra does miss some topics, however it is not bad either. choice is yours whichever suits u is best.
2. Pocket books from pastst are good to start with. if someone is weak in basic sciences he needs to get Easterbrook mcqs. they usually ask questions from immunology, molecular biology, receprtors.
3. I would prefer onexam rather than pastst. actually a conditioned mind is needed to attempt MRCP mcqs. a conditioned mind should be able to explore into question and be able to make a result or rule out. everybody does the same mcqs, we all have same books, same websites which offer mcqs but people get different results so spend your money to prepare your mind according to the exam.
4. anybody can be wrong if you have a solid point to say. any book and website can be wrong. there are some mistakes in onexam or there may be in pastst too. if u find a confusion discuss with seniors/consultants or in forum and look in authentic books or websites.
5. do verify your answers(of mcqs) whether corect or incorrect. always be receptive to get information. i believe this is modern world and in this modern world information is everything.... not money.
6. always be strong. take your anxiety as an adrenaline pump and use your pump to fight. do not give up at all. don be overconfident but don't underestimate yourself. also don't believe in luck, prepare yourself. people who look for some support are weak so don't look for any excuses.
Don't hesitate asking for any kind of help from anyone. But always ask from people who you think are competent enough.
Goodluck to everyone and please don not hesitate asking for anything from me.
Note: Tictac shared the experience of MRCP Part 1 at http://www.rxpgonline.com/postp201740.html#201740. We request other RxPG visitors also to share their experiences in various exams with the community.