RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - Recommended book for ENT in Third MBBS?  
 Page 1 of 1

swagatamb
Aim MS

FAQ: Recommended book for ENT in Third MBBS?
as a third mbbs student, we study ent from dhingra. however, in most pg entrance mcq books, logan turner is given as the recommended book. (along with Gray,Goodman & Gilman!!). is it practical to study from turner now.will sticking to my dhingra be of any use in the future. somebody plz help.

UNANSWERED: Topics division/frequency in final mbbs question papers?

anonymous

oh guy if u can manage it, good for u!! my best wishes to u! smiley24.gif

btw my seniors tell me Dhingra is just about enough. I havent seen Lowe (or logan) and turner yet, but peoplt tell me its not such a biggy!

swagatamb
Aim MS

even i haven't seen it but to study more than one book for ent seems a bit too much. thanks for ur wishes. good luck to you too.

adiagra
Aim General

BOOKS FOR YOU
YOU WANT AN IDEAL BOOK
THEN MY ADVISE IS THAT YOU STICK TO DHINGRA
BUT PLS......... KEEP REFERING LOGAN TURNER DISEASES OF THROAT ARE GIVEN BEST THERE
AS FOR DHINGRA THE EAR PART IS DIRECTLY PICKED OUT OF TEXT BOOK OF OTOLOGY BY LUDLAM.

swagatamb
Aim MS

ok. so for diseases of throat, i should refer to turner. thanx.

BRAVO
Aim Australia

dhingra no doubt about that!!!

Bruno

Dhingra can help you answer MORE questions in PG Entrance than Logan Turner

allergic2morons
Aim NEET PG

@ shardul

i thought all nairites only use ENT simplified by grewal. :p

btw i use both bhargav and dhingra smiley24.gif

DrHannibal

shardul, ru nairite? i didnt know that!!

vicky5083
Aim United Arab Emirates

I really prefer Dhingra for the initial reading but later i also refer to bhargav. i find bhargav better during d exam times whn u hav to revise so much but hav less time.

suneetha
Aim USMLE Step 1

kkr s good for last time revision...i think too much of ent s jus a waste of time for undergrdies...

sagarz

hi .....guys ....i have been studing dhingra for the past five months and believe me .....i think that dhingra is good book .....and i thibk it should suffice all MBBS students ......

ratnakar_potla
Aim USMLE Step 1

there is much circulated rumor? that there are errors in dhingra errors in basic s............. Let me say of a not yet talked about book "maqbool" it looks best with bhargava.logan turner is the most outdated book of all!!!!
One who really wanna read big should better read scot brown than logan turner for those topics.........

ravi2299
Aim NEET PG

logan turner

psyavi
Aim NIMHANS

Is Dingra Enough??
After going through those volumes of Robins, Harshmohan, katzung, Thripati, Goodmann etc which are real good books to read and understand the subject, when we come to third year, Dingra seems like a joke book, because chapters get over just as you begin them...

The good thing about this book is that it covers alll the things that is needed ( for exams) but just touches them. Nothing is explained in detail....But then other than this is there any other decent book I really don't know. I just saw Logan turner once but was repelled by it. Other books that I saw are tooo big to be read..

SK De is another book that I liked.

memymyselfin

dhingra the book man..... the new format is exciting itself.... i find the format inbhargav better suited for cramming before the exams.... for concepts get hold of dhingra.
turner and ludlam etc well they were , are and will be gud but hey man i got harrison to take care of i think i will manage with dhingra

legolassildarin
Aim Maharashtra PG

logan turner is a tacky book with nothing latest added into it since 1982 it seems.i read that book and the first page itself looked so disgusting.nothing will come from that book coz most of the times they ask latest updates and logan turner is history of ENT.ciao

raghavmehan
Aim Karnatka PG

i have read dhingra for ent i think it is a good enough book....
but read ear from logan turner it will be helpful...

bhuiyanhome
Aim NEET PG

why not bhargava ... the new edition is pretty good in ent and secondly all the operation steps eg. tympanoplasty, septoplasty are given well and all in points...

alexander
Aim DNB Part 2

ALL MUHS PEOPLE IF WANNA SCORE MARKS, PLEASE READ BHARGAVA,

WE HAV A PERSON WITH 83/100 FROM BHARGAVA,

BUT FOR PG READ DHINGRA

rhiannon
Aim NEET PG

hey what abt MAQBOOL......its very ......dunno how to describe. Docs here chide us all the time for not reading maqbool....

what abt Scott n Brown.....guess thats 2 much.....and boring too....

snowjesh
Aim CaRMS

Dhingra is the best

dejavu_2009
Aim NEET PG

dhingra simply the best..

neodoc

dhingra..book of choice..
logan turner for distinction..

raghavmehan
Aim Karnatka PG

i think dhingra is good enough.... logan turner is also good for reference

nisha_s22
Aim NEET PG 2012

dhingra is ofcourse the best.. u hv enough in 3 minor...... to slove mcqs ...... can add some extra informaton which u get from other book in dhingra.... bragvan in good for surgery

Saif_02
Aim NEET PG

Dhingra is best book fr ENT ...evry aspect
for pg entrance exams hardly 5-7 que asked...mostly frm dhingra
Dhingra plus previous yr MCQ is more than enough fr ent.
Dhingra also more than enough fr ur mid prof exam...for prof Bhargav also helpfu..l

contactKhans
Aim AIIMS

Hi All ,
We are having MD/MS/PG-DIPLOMA/MBBS/MDS/BDS Management quota seats in Karnataka,
If interested Kindly call on 81..47..83..81..29....

jhoma

hii..seniors..
wch book shall i prefer for ophthalmology for better understandng..??
plzzz help

SurabhiPandit
Aim Indian PG Exams

Dhingra any day. Proff, Pg prep everything! Its the best. For Ophthal, if you can study Parsons..it will be helpful for aiims pg too since Opthal has a lot of weightage. For proff exams, khurana is good enough.

Rajji_pk
Aim AIPGE 2016

Dhingra!

DeepJ

Thanks

Kenny045

Dhingra

khurimaqbool

Dhingra is good.

daaktar-babu
Aim AIIMS

Has anybody read Turner 2016 edition? How is it guys?

shootingstar007
Aim Indian PG Exams

Many people recommend Dhingra, but my seniors advised Hazarika. Its an amazing book, but in the end since Dhingra has become the standard in India, you'll have to refer Dhingra. You can skim through Logan and Turner, and read important topics.

Richarddavidson

plz opine which book to choose among these for 1st year MS ENT- DHINGRA, K.K.RAMALINGAM, HAZARIKA.P, BHARGAVA, LOGAN TURNER ???

darsitha
Aim NEET-PG

If you are exam oriented then dhingra and khurana are best.

darsitha
Aim NEET-PG

For mcq refer sakshi arora

darsitha
Aim NEET-PG

for neet pg

darsitha
Aim NEET-PG

thanks

Essentials of Medical Pharmacology By KD Tripathi
Extensively revised and updated chapters to include recently introduced drugs, published information and therapeutic practices.
 Page 1 of 1
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> MBBS -> Recommended book for ENT in Third MBBS?

MBBS Community
RxPG community for 16 years
2,873 active members | 10,350 posts

Topic ID #33592
Started 14 years ago
4 community credits
35 contributors
41 posts | 49,491 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 103 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 2.881 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook