RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - Steps for applying to usmle exams  
 Page 2 of 7 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

vineetgsvm
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

hi,
docjyo,

thanks a lot for ur response!
but this has increased my worry, u mentioned that i should apply fresh, but how can there be 2 persons with same name and same date of birth, isn't it risky enough, also they have name of my medical college,
do u know the cost of the name change form ,'cos that is the only option left with me, what do say? please advice me.

well work , the fees may not be high as far as i know u need o get the affidavitfrom notary which shudn't be much problem.
hope u r problembe solved

others kindly post the suggestions
thanx
vineet

UNANSWERED: Anyone wants to buy my Uworld Subscription?

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi dsha,

thanx.and no , I dint send the dean's letter yet.I just got the transcripts and dean's letter from my college at the same time so I dont have to make another trip there..My college is far from where I stay.
You are right.The Dean's letter is only required for applying to ERAs for residency later on..Not now.

And Work ,
I also think its too risky to apply fresh now after giving ECFMG ur full name ,date of birth and even college..It will be much simpler to submit the name change form only..and much safer.Good luck.
shriya

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hi work,
I am sorry I posted my suggestion just by looking at an extract of ur query from one of the posts above..I just looked at ur entire query now..I had misunderstood a bit.
Basically..u registered with ecfmg with ur father's name, ur birthdate n college name .Then u mailed them about that.You dint actually start or submit the online form .Is that right?

I guess u can actually simply re-register.ECFMG will take few hrs to check whether it has previous records matching ur name and whether u have been assigned a number n password[this is what it wudve done the first time u registered also] ..then if it dusnt find a match, it will assign u a new number.If it finds a match, it will ask u to retreive ur identification number thru IWA assuming u forgot ur number.So u can safely give it a try.

So if u decide to re-register, then make sure you enter a different email address..to be safe.The only hitch is that u mailed and informed them of the error..lets hope they dint make records of it.They are actually particular about the name on ur online application and ur degree certificates only.

I suggest u read ECFMG2006 BOOKLET reg ur other queries ( i'm not able to cut -paste it)page nos -
page 3 - form 183 n form 186 difference
page 11- name change & verification rules
page 13 - payment options

This booklet is available on ecfmg homepage.
Payment options are only thru a credit card or an electronic check from a US bank..credit card is the easier option if u can borrow from someone..

.Also..u asked which form to use 183 or 186..Its 183 for you..as u dont have ur provisional degree yet..so u r applying as a student n not as a graduate.

Others..plz correct if I have made any mistakes..
Good luck work!Hope ur problem clears up soon.

shriya

work
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi
hey! thanks shriya, for reading my query in detail and giving such a detailed reply.
since, my problem was not getting solved and risk of an irregular behaviour 'cos of any further improper step, i again sent them an e-mail to get their advice,what they actually wanted me to do.i have been through the ecfmg site, who say that if there is a change in any part of the name, then name change request form is required, but if name is not changed and the problem is that it is not exactly the same, then only a copy of document supporting the name is required. i have sent a query what should be done in my case.
ecfmg website shows the forms we can download. i don't then understand how then they r going to cost me for the name change form,if required.is it that there is no cost for the name change form,they only cost u for the application forms. still i m not sure, if u get any relevant info, please do post here.thanks again.

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hi work,
thanx for your appreciation.I guess u did a good thing by being honest with ECFMG about the whole goof-up..But dusnt everyone say that it better to call them up than to mail them? Did u get ur reply yet?If not try calling thru a place which has a net-to-phone option..lot of internet cafe's have..it costs only Rs2/- per min!!
The other thing is I asked everyone I know..no one seems to know anything about cost of namechange form!!Anyway..i looked at the ECFMg booklet again..u have to download form 182 for name change and form900 for payment..which is what i did and found that name change fees is 25$ or 1250/- approx..plus if u get any notarization done u'll have to pay aroung 100/- max for that..I think that should be all.Others, please add..

But like u said..i think only a copy of the supporting document is required in ur case,..but do call and confirm first to avoid wasting more time and postage money icon_smile.gif good luck..let me know what happens..

work
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi
hi.shriya,

i m not getting the payment form 900 ur takling about. please tell me the exact link on ecfmg.org to get this form and other payment details.
and thanks for all the help u have provided.

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hi work,

this is the link..u need to download form 182 as well as form900 from here.They are listed under the heading 'other forms'
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!

if u still cant find it..send ur email ID..i'll mail the form to u..since i have already downloaded it..atleast i can put it to some use that way!!

shriya

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hi work,
that is the form used for all payments to ECFMG except the exam registration itself.And no, I dont know if u need to pay anything at all! Which is why I suggested in one of my previous posts that the best thing would be to call them up , re-explain the whole scene, give them ur ID number..and get a POA from the ECFMG guys.I really think you should call them up ..since we dont know anyone here who actually went thru the same thing..so why take chances !!

what do u think..let us all know what they say.

simv

as soon as we do online payment by credit card we get a form and we are supposed to print it out.

what if i dont have a printer? can i save the copy and take a printout from some other comp?

i know, quite a dumb Q ... but still i want to be on safer side.

m gonna do the payment tomr... any advice/caution/suggestion guys?

thanks

ps - the form is in which format? pdf? doc? html? how many pages?

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hi simv,

its not at all a dumb question.Everyone who doesnt have a printer available will worry about this.Actually..you dont have to worry because..you can fill the form, finish the payment and log out of your account..then at any later date u choose..u can log in and download the form 186 or form183 whichever may be applicable from any computer...So , you can manage without a printer..

I wud however add a little advice..when u finish filling the form, u will be able to view ur entire application on one page..copy and paste this onto MS word for ur records..this page does not appear later after u submit application.Also copy-paste the page which says ur payment has been accepted..for ur own records again.paste any instructions etc u find...then u email this MSword document to ur self.You will be safely done with the whole thing.

Form is just 1page.instructions another 1 page i think.PDF format. icon_smile.gif Good luck.

AshB,

If u want to book the July-Aug-Sept 2006 slot, ur last date by which all the credentials should reach ECFMG is april28th. So ideally you should start application process in March-april.Meanwhile, u can get documents like transcripts, any name change forms , final or provisional degree certificates etc ready.You can register anytime with ECFMG and apply later{ the part whr u submit complete name and recieve an identification number from ECFMG.}.However I am not sure if u can fill the online form also and submit it without applying for any test, in order to finish ur application verification etc early.

Best thing wud be..if simv..who's filling the form tomorrow..tells us that as he will come across such an option while filling the form. icon_smile.gif

shriya

dsha
Aim USMLE Step 1

shriya your suggestions on saving the completed formand their acknowledgement is a good one. its very important to have evidence of having sent in an application.

ashb it might be better if you apply a little later like shriya suggested. mainly because you'll have an idea of the pace of your prep, gives you time to ready your documents.

AshB

Ya dsha, thats what i was thinking and thats y i wanted to know what is d last date before which i shud apply.

vineetgsvm
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

thanx guys
well guys jus wanted to take this opportunity to thank each one for making this forum happening place..
well just over a month ago i wondered if i will have to post all the possible goof ups here while applying ....the usual difficulties and there will be hardly anyone to respond...but see with overwhelming participation all doubts have been cleared and no single person but all of us have to be applauded for it....

so just keep pushing in more here ....doubts as well as possible remedies

good luck

simv

Man the application process is tough !!

i believed you can very well survive in india without a credit card... i was so wrong...

i tried to apply for one in hdfc ... there were many goofups and i still dont have a credit card.... duh..

not my fault tho... all the error was in processing.... and 'she' realised it... i mean the person who was handling my credit card application...

and now !! she offered me her own credit card as she realised the urgency...

sigh* she is married.

~*~

the story continues....

i thought the application must be some 3-4 step process...but they have asked me everything...from my birth to my kundali ( i think kundali wasnt there..mayb it was a marriage form which i was filling side by side)

and m stuck on step 22 ... so bhai log, please help me with this :-

so.. i cleared my mbbs in 2001 n internship in 2002... i havent applied for MLE before... so which option from the above do i select? 2 or 3rd?

how many steps are still there after this step22? the aplication is so lengthy. i am so tired.

how many dumb papers do you have to send to them in total? form 186,187,344,345,420...crap....

people..please help me out....any suggestion will be appreciated.

i need tea.

simv

i know this must have been repeated upteen times...but stilll... someone plz ans this :-

If you apply online thro IWA/credit card ....

What material do you need to send to ecfmg? (applying first time, i'ship comleted long back)
How many forms?
Source of downloading those spooky forms.
Photos?
Degree photocopy?
Anything else?
Anything regarding internship completion?
what is national identification number?
What is clerkship? Is it different from internship? i left it blank actually..do i need to change it?
What exactly is a transcript?
What option should i select in step 22 of application? (kindly refer image in the previous post)
Can anybody suggest a good matrimony site apart from the usual dumb ones? (alright, its ok if you dont answer that)

again...

how many things do we have to courier ecfmg if we apply for the first time?

thanks and regards.

~*~

higher education is bad... it ended up killing a wee lad

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hi simv,

that post was hilarious! bahut mazaa aaya icon_smile.gif am still laughing..
Too bad "she" was not an NRI green card holder..icon_wink.gif

Now..ur queries..
1. credit card... I think CITIBANK gives a special visa credit card to all doctors.U hav to show ur degree certificate..if u're working now..even better.They run after you n stalk u n hound u..n whatever it takes..to give u the card once u ask for it...icon_wink.gif do find out if u havnt got the HDFC card yet..

2. You choose option 2 out of those.U havnt applied before..are applying now and sending all those forms now.

3. Cheer up..step22 means almost done..though i dont remember exact no of steps !!

4. You have to send..form186,187,344,345...If u have a name change...also send form 182 and 900

hmm..good luck with the rest of it..

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Simv,

just saw ur other post..long list..so lets get started on that..

If you apply online thro IWA/credit card ....

1.What material do you need to send to ecfmg? (applying first time, i'ship comleted long back)
a] FORM 186 [identification form with one colour photo and ur dean/principal's signature..take print out at the end of ur application or later]
b]FORM 187 [this is just a checklist actually ]
c] FORM 344 [another checklist in more detail]
d] form 345 [medical school release request..i.e, ur permission to ask ur college for ur official transcripts.ECFMG will mail this to ur college after getting ur documents for verification]
e] provisional/final medical degree xerox - 2 copies
f] official transcripts xerox - 2 copies

2.How many forms?
REFER ABOVE
3.Source of downloading those spooky forms.

4. Photos?
One recent [in last 6mths ] colour photo..'full face view' on form 186..enclose one more copy too

5.Degree photocopy? YES..
Anything else? YES 1.ENCLOSE TRANSCRIPTS ALSO..THOUGH THEY DONT ASK FOR IT NOW..IF UR COLLEGE DUSNT REPLY TO THEM..THEN THEY WILL ASK U TO SEND..THAT WILL DELAY THE PROCESS.
2. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS FOR SIZE OF PHOTOCOPIES..MUST BE 8.5 X 11 INCHES PAPERS APPARANTLY

6.Anything regarding internship completion? IF IT COMES AS PART OF UR TRANSCRIPTS..INCLUDE..OTHERWISE FORGET IT

7.what is national identification number? CAN LEAVE THIS BLANK
8.What is clerkship? Is it different from internship? i left it blank actually..do i need to change it? NO..LEAVE IT BLANK AGAIN
9.What exactly is a transcript? ITS OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION /SUMMARY OF ALL UR MBBS COURSES , MARKS , INTERNSHIP SUBJECTS, HOURS ETC ..SIGNED BY UR DEAN/PRINCIPAL
IF UR COLLEGE DUS NOT HAVE A SPECIFIC FORMAT FOR THIS..THEN JUST TAKE XEROX OF ALL UR MBBS MARKSHEETS ,ANY DISTINCTIONS CERTIFICATES & INTERNSHIP COMPLETION CERTIFICATE ..GET UR PRINCIPAL TO SIGN AND STAMP ALL OF THEM.ALSO GET A COVER LETTER BY UR PRINCIPAL CERTIFYING THAT U STUDIED THERE,DURATION,COURSE, DEGREE AWARDED..ETC.

10.What option should i select in step 22 of application? (kindly refer image in the previous post)

OPTION NO 2.

11.Can anybody suggest a good matrimony site apart from the usual dumb ones?
Plz dont marry now yaar..u'll kill the bechari with your questions icon_wink.gif just kidding.

Hope this helped...do post n let us know when u finish..how it went finally..dont worry..it seems painfully tough now..but soon u'll be here telling others how to do it ! icon_smile.gif
.i'm taking extended break after this post..early retirement icon_wink.gif

* dsha,
thanx a lot for ur compliment..

shriya

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hi dsha,

Thanx again icon_smile.gif For ECFMG, it dusnt matter at all whether ur transcripts list ur awards or not.They will make a difference later when u r applying for residency through ERAS.You have to submit original transcripts to ERAS at that time.These will go to the hospitals where u r applying for residency.

So if at all possible, juts try and get one paper[college letter head will be good] listing ur awards , get it signed by ur princi/dean..stamped.You can include this with ur transcripts then.Ho gaya..simple.icon_smile.gif

shriya

simv, baaki sab chodo..'TREAT' sounds good icon_wink.gif lol
waise show ur mom profiles of all rxpg-ites..most will be unmarried only I guess.Whrs the time yaar..ecfmg,step1,studies..all are fulltime jobs !!

fragile_x
Aim USMLE Jobs

hey simv
simv...are u a medico rajput of Y a h u MSSNGER? he uses similar kinda avatars!(retro stuff!)

anyway.....23 ques. in total.

wats more....my step1 applictn got rejected icon_sad.gif

will ask them y on monday.lat date is fast pproaching too.

pray for me guys

adios!

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hi arihant,

Praying. Plz dont waste time mailing n waiting for a response..just call them up straight..since u said last date is fast approaching!

Hope it gets sorted fast..If ur application is not accepted by ur last date..apparantly u dont lose ur money..ECFMG simply allots u the next available time-slot..and not necessarily the one u asked for .It says so in one of their mails .Shudnt be too bad.

Good luck.Bye.

vineetgsvm
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

absolutely true arihant..
jus call them and tell them straight about ur problem.
i've learned that calls only wake them up from the sleeping emails
do keep us infromed too
gud luck

fragile_x
Aim USMLE Jobs

hii everyone
well..they didnt like the language of my dean"s letter.......they wanted some particular phrases......pricks!

anyway,as it turns out after i travelled 100 kms to get another dean"s letter fm my college......surprise,surprise......they tell me tht my degree has arrived....so i sent my usmle applctn again wid the degree & form 187 minus form 186 cuz it has already been accepted by ecfmg.i didnt have to pay anythin again....tht was the only positive out of it! lol......

anyway,u guys be more careful.

adios!

AshB

Congrats arihant, good that ur problem sorted out quickly.

Regarding deans letter, could u be kind enuf to tell us the specific shortcoming they had pointed out. So that we guys will take care not to repeat the same mistake.

Maybe i'm confused but isn't dean's letter required later during ERAS application process?? confused.gif

fragile_x
Aim USMLE Jobs

hii everyone
ohk.......this is wat happened for ur benifit....

January 10, 2006

Dear Doctor,

Please be advised that ECFMG® is unable to process your application for the USMLE™ Step 1 (Application Identification Code----------, on-line part received November 24, 2005) because the Deans letter you submitted in lieu of your final medical school diploma did not clearly indicate that you have met all requirements in order to receive your final medical school diploma. A letter explaining this was sent to you on January 6, 2006.

If you would like to re-apply for the examination, you will need to complete and submit a 2006 USMLE Step 1/Step 2 application form. Applications are available on our web site,
You may also apply on-line using the Interactive Web Application (IWA).

You currently have a credit of $815 in your account. When you apply with on online application you can use your credit toward your total due when you reach the payment section of the application. If you apply with a paper application for an ECFMG administered exam in the future, please mark (A) on Point 22.3 of the official application form.

Any additional fees required should be paid when you do your application.

Sincerely,

xyz

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 1:37 PM
To: Permits
Subject: application query

dear sir/madam,

my ecfmg/usmle id is------.my step1 application has been rejected.i had applied for march-may slot & the last date for tht is fast approaching(31 jan).i wish to know why my appication has been rejected & wat do i need to do to apply again.

i wish to take the march -may slot.kindly advise what i need to do now.was there any deficiency in my document(s).if yes,kindly specify.would i need to apply again & wat documents do i need to send this time?

thanking you,

regards,

simv

shriya wrote:
Simv,

just saw ur other post..long list..so lets get started on that..
d] form 345 [medical school release request..i.e, ur permission to ask ur college for ur official transcripts.ECFMG will mail this to ur college after getting ur documents for verification]

shriya

Form 345 - Medical School Release Request.

I am still confused with this point... Do we fill the form and send it to ecfmg or submit it to our college?

ps - thats right...i still havent applied! But i have reached my college anyway..thats a progress

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hey simv I'm back again to answer that icon_smile.gif
Yes its exactly like u said.We fill this form and send it to ECFMG so they can send it to our college..with our signature on it.Its somewhat like a consent form before surgery;) Then the college is supposed to send them a copy of transcripts..and I believe if they dont send within 1 mth or so..ECFMG just asks you to submit the copies.[this is only if the college is listed on the ECFMG list of valid colleges i think ..but all registered colleges are listed.so not to worry]

So might as well just enclose 2 copies of ur transcipts when u apply..no harm.

dana
Aim USMLE Step 1

I have a query.My college doesnt issue transcripts.The transcripts are issued by the university.
So in that case what do I need to do. Should I submit the transcripts with the form.Or is it mandatory to fill the above mentioned form and send it to ECFMG?Can I have the form addressd to the registrar of the university???

fragile_x
Aim USMLE Jobs

yea the transcript issued by the university is admissible similar to the one issued by the med. school.no diff thr i think.

mine too was issued by the uni.

adios!

katang
Aim NEET PG

sorry abt asking questions which may seem pretty stupid to the veterans-but I really need these solved guys-really these turning my hair grey!!
1.If I am an intern and have received my provisional registration no.,then I believe I qualify as a graduate.inthat case what all forms do I need to send to the ecfmg?
2.I can see a lot in this thread being written abttranscripts-what all materials do I need to send in my transcript?
3.Is there any site which tells me lucidly in indian perspective what are supposed to be the content of the different materials I will be sending to the ecfmg after i complete the IWA online portion?
4.can i make payment for the usmle before i send in the completed forms via courier to the ecfmg?
plz help me guys-esp vineet and sravvya since u seem to be the gurus regarding all matter pewrtaining to the usmle.

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hi katang,

No questions are stupid..and you are welcome to ask as many as you want..cause thats how we all got info too:)

Actually all the questions u asked here have already been answered in detail in this same thread.Please go through the entire thread..You will find answers to every single thing u asked.If u have anymore doubts..plz post them icon_smile.gif

your Q no 1 > post no 106 & others
2 > again 106 & others
3 > Apart from the official website this thread in rxpg is the most comprehensive interactive source of info u will find on the net reg ECFMg application pocess..All of us scanned the net and landed here finally..and stayed icon_smile.gif
4> yes..u can pay as soon as u fill online form using a credit card number which u can enter online to submit payment.

Hope that helps...and sorry for saying this again..but I hope everyone looks at the previous threads esp before posting long list of QS..urgent matters can however be posted ofcourse even if they've been discussed to death before...to save ur time.

work
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi
hi, shriya,

back again.

now that name problem is solved, i would go on with the further process.

i have gone through all the posts of this forum, but still have a few queries.

1) i have completed the internship on 31 dec 05. i will get the permanent registration before the end of jan.planning to apply in feb first week.
which form should i fill - form 183 or form 186 i.e. student or graduate.
if form 186[graduate form], then but i don't have the degree certificate.

2)if u say form 183, then do i have to send the same other forms as mentioned by u in post 106 as the one applying by form 186 or some other documents.

3) apart from all this what do i need to send to show current status.
do i need to send the permanent registration, all the marksheets,etc.

please clear the above questions so that i can confidently proceed with the application process.

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hey work ,
I'm not sure about what all to send with form 183.

To answer ur first question..you can apply as a student..since ur degree cert isnt ready yet.My friends who applied as students..sent only a form 183 and nothing else at all initially. Later on when degree cert arrives they send their cert with transcripts etc. But I'm not sure about this....I'll check this up. Meanwhile I hope someone else who knows better can answer this.

icon_smile.gif

drss
Aim DM Cardiology

- ECFMG ON-LINE SERVICES MAINTENANCE JAN 31- FEB 3

ECFMG ON-LINE SERVICES MAINTENANCE JAN 31- FEB 3

Due to scheduled maintenance, ECFMG's on-line services will be
unavailable beginning at 12:00 noon on Tuesday, January 31. These
services are expected to be available no later than 5:00 pm on Friday,
February 3. All times are calculated using Eastern Time in the United
States.

During this maintenance period, you will be unable to perform on-line
transactions, including but not limited to:

- Beginning, continuing work on, or completing an exam application

- Scheduling, canceling, or rescheduling a Step 2 CS testing appointment

- Reprinting a Step 2 CS scheduling permit or confirmation notice

- Changing your contact information

- Checking your personal, financial, or exam/certification information

If you anticipate using ECFMG's on-line services during this period,
please complete your transactions before January 31 to ensure that you
do not miss required deadlines and incur any fees that may result.

Thank you for your cooperation as we strive to provide quality,
convenient web-based services.

bhoullion
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hi Friends,

I feel bad to mention that after going through all the informative posts here..I entered my name wrong in the IWA App.. So I called them about what to do...

The only thing that we need to do is to complete the application..go to summary page..click on edit Item No 8 and click on the box request name change..enetr the right name.
After that complete the form, payment, and print form 186.

Send to the ecfmg office:
form 186
form 187
form 344
form 345
Photocopy of passport showing your name
Include a photocopy of ur us driving license card also if u feel like, otherwise they already have ur SSN
2 photocopies of medical school diploma
colour photograph

thats it.
I asked them about the fees charged for name change and they said there in no fees charged for it.

Will post later if I encounter any other prob with the app.

Bhoullion

sneha_usmle
Aim USMLE Step 1

hello ,
hi bhoullion,

i have another problem,i completed my internship on 30th dec 2005 n got permanent registration done two days back! but i guess we will recieve our degree certificate after 2 months. so am i eligible for applying as a graduate?

do we need to submit our degree xerox to the ecfmg along with paper work?

plzz help me !

thank you
take care!

bye!

sneha icon_razz.gif

bhoullion
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hi Sneha,

If you have completed internship and have got the permanent registration, then I think you have to apply as graduate. If you apply as graduate..you will have to submit the degree certificate.

As you have completed all the prerequisites for getting degree, you can get it easily from your university. You can call your juniors to get it for you and courier you the photocopy. At our college..we use to give 100 bucks to the babu..and he was more than happy to give us the degree certificate..you can try it if you dont have any conscience problem following such tricks..coz it sometimes becomes essential for survival..or go and talk to dean of ur medical school..or ask ur seniors how did they get their degree certificate.....
The last date for completing formalities for april may june slot is 28th february..so dont loose ur sleep and stuides over it...kuch na kuch ho hi jata hai.

Hope this helps.

Bye

Bhoullion

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hi sneha , work and all others who have not yet got your degree certificates but wish to finish ur ECFMG application..

Try as bhoullion has suggested to get ur degree certificates.My friends here sent a letter to the university.explaining their need...and went to the university as a group and got all their certs in one day.Its possible..so try.The point is that you need not wait for the university to send you the degree cert at their regular pace.That will take too long.If you start requesting for it..one way or the other u can get it early.

But in case you cannot..there is absolutely no harm in applying as a student until you have ur degree certificates in hand.ECFMG 2006 manual says that you should submit form 183 signed by ur principal if u submit as a student.And as soon as u "graduate and recieve the degree diploma" you should mail it to them .

Work,
I havnt been able to find what other documents , if any, need to be sent along with Form 183 when applying as a student.Hope someone who applied as a student can post it here.

sneha_usmle
Aim USMLE Step 1

hello bhoullion, vineet,n shriya
hello,

plzz mention the materials that have to be sent along with the paperwork!i;m confused after reading that 72 pages booklet! icon_confused.gif rather tiring job but still confused
so plzz help me!what forms r to be filled for paper work like form 187 etc.,

n one more thing for online application juss filling that IWA form n paying thru credit card is enuf ? i mean r there any certificates r xerox required to be send ?

thank u !

bye!

dsha
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi guys,

i seem to have got 2 copies of scheduling permit. i recieved one 3 days ago and 1 yesterday. both have the exact same info.

any clues on whats going on? what should i do?

i'd be grateful for your suggestions. thanks!

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

Re: hello bhoullion, vineet,n shriya
sneha_usmle wrote:
hello,

plzz mention the materials that have to be sent along with the paperwork!i;m confused after reading that 72 pages booklet! icon_confused.gif rather tiring job but still confused
so plzz help me!what forms r to be filled for paper work like form 187 etc.,

n one more thing for online application juss filling that IWA form n paying thru credit card is enuf ? i mean r there any certificates r xerox required to be send ?

thank u !

bye!

hi sneha..most of these forms are self-explanatory..especially form 187.Once u download it and go through it ..it'll clear all ur confusion :)Form 187 is the form that lists all teh other documents u shud be sending to ECFMG.

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

And Sneha, the online part of application just includes what u mentioned.Filling and submitting the form, paying thru credit card..then getting the confirmation page which u shud print out for ur own records..Then u can access the form183 or form186 depending on wether u applied as student or graduate respectively..then u need to adjust the page setup and take a printout of this form.

Can u tell us what u are applying as finally? Student or graduate?? The other forms u need to send depend on that.

dsha
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi all,

i've applied for step 1 and sent my 186, 344 and 345 forms. when i apply for ck, they have 186 on file, right?

here's my q:
do i have to send 344 and 345 again?

thanks for your help!

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

dsha wrote:
hi all,

i've applied for step 1 and sent my 186, 344 and 345 forms. when i apply for ck, they have 186 on file, right?

here's my q:
do i have to send 344 and 345 again?

thanks for your help!

No dsha,
You dont have to send any of these forms again.
Form186 - identification
Form344 - credential submission [diploma,name change.transcripts]
Form345- Medical school release request form

All these need to be done only once.

docjyo
Aim NEET PG

hey guys..donno whats going on betw these guys..but pl dont get ur self involved into the personal matters of any ppl on this forum...i did that and tried to help..only in vain...just do ur work and slip out man...

and please never discuss thigns with anything...they post it with ur due permission but with no mention of ur name in the facts/points/trivia that u told them... and earn credits for all that..its just not fair..yaar this is not done..atleast mention who told u those things.i am deeply hurt... if i wanted i could have posted things myself...whats the use of discussion then...?

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

docjyo wrote:
hey guys..donno whats going on betw these guys..but pl dont get ur self involved into the personal matters of any ppl on this forum...i did that and tried to help..only in vain...just do ur work and slip out man...

and please never discuss thigns with anything...they post it with ur due permission but with no mention of ur name in the facts/points/trivia that u told them... and earn credits for all that..its just not fair..yaar this is not done..atleast mention who told u those things.i am deeply hurt... if i wanted i could have posted things myself...whats the use of discussion then...?

docjyo , who/what are you talking about ? Has anyone here upset you ?? sorry, cudnt get you .

cutie555
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

hi everyone.
i have completed my internship on 31st dec 2005.but have not yet recvd the degree nor the permanent reg.so shud i apply as a student or as a graduate.and is the transcript compulsory to be sent along with the form.kindly guide me.thanx

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

cutie555 wrote:
hi everyone.
i have completed my internship on 31st dec 2005.but have not yet recvd the degree nor the permanent reg.so shud i apply as a student or as a graduate.and is the transcript compulsory to be sent along with the form.kindly guide me.thanx

Hi cutie ,

You can apply as a graduate if you have ur provisional degree atleast.If not..better to apply as a student..and send the degree certificates when you get them.It wont make any difference except that you will have to mail documents to ECFMG twice icon_smile.gif And ideally, transcripts are supposed to be sent by the college/university when ECFMG requests them for a verification.Also , if you are applying as a student, dont send anything except form183 for identification..if you include partial transcripts , it delays the processing of ur application.

Hope this helps.

baps

Step 1 application
Hello friends...I have a problem in online application for step 1...While applyin online they ask U bout ur name AS last name n rest name..Say my name on medical diploma is Patel Sandeep Ramesh....So how should i fill it?One of my friend told me dat i should fill it like..Last name--Ramesh n rest name--Patel Sandeep..so dat my name in ecfmg record will b AS IT IS ON MY DIPLOMA..So should i fill it like my friends suggestion or it should b like..LAST NAME--PATEL N REST NAME --SANDEEP RAMESH..PLEASE FRIENDS REPLY IMMEDIATELY...

shriya
Aim USMLE Step 1

I think ur last name is Patel..and rest of name is Sandeep Ramesh..

but not very sure..more replies anyone?

sybarite

hi baps...

i think shriya is right..
last name would be ur surname....

MCQ Crammer (Beta)
Free New MCQ Revision Tool by RxPG
 Page 2 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> beforeUSMLE -> Steps for applying to usmle exams

beforeUSMLE Community
RxPG community for 15 years
1,564 active members | 4,587 posts

Topic ID #37028
Started 14 years ago
14 community credits
95 contributors
313 posts | 186,410 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 77 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 1.637 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook