RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - Spouse is an american citizen  
 Page 1 of 1
Author Message


spouse is an american citizen
Hi everybody. I have a query, somebody please help me out, its very urgent.. I Have completed my speciality training DM in gas to from India.. My would is an amercan citizen. I would like to do some fellowship in gastro in US and plan to settle with my wife in US.. I finished my MBBS in 2000 but have been in clinical practice till now.. What r my chances of getting a fellowship? Do I need to go through MLE, internal medicine residency, and then gastro training or will I be able to get into gastro training after my mle? Please somebody help me out.. Thanks in advance

UNANSWERED: Anyone wants to buy my Uworld Subscription?


from blog of dr pavan
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!

If you don't wanna practice in US but want to do Fellowship (which is Superspeciality in India)
Most of them require the residency in US.So ,for them Indian PG is not valid.
But here is an exception for some fellowships like Ophthalmic Oncology and Emergency Care (i dont have the complete list and it will be on Individual hospital websites for how to get the list see below)where you can directly apply for them.you don't have to go through all the USMLE steps.Even you dont have to go through all the ERAS process.(For ERAS go through my other blogs).
Once you are done you can use that training in your home country but cannot practice in USA

For these list of programs, go to Freida site

1.go to
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!

2.select "Choose specialty"
3.select the "Subspecialty/fellowship" you are interested in
4.select the "Choose Location" select the states you wanted
5.Click on "Optional Criteria"
in National Resident Matching Program: select DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN NRMP
These are the programs have their own criteria like "atleast 3 yrs of PG training back in home country"
Now you have to contact the individual programs.

Indian Doctors who came to US back in 70's 80's have done radiology and some competetive specialties.Now its real tough even to get into residency.

Those who want to do residency and then Fellowship...read my other blogs..

Hope this Helps


THAT blog of dr Pavan is old of 2008 and now situation is different. your DM gas from India is of no use in USA except some program may consider as credential to accept you in IM residency. to get into residency as IMG must go through MLE, ECFMG certification to participate which is long complex cycle minimum two years. it is difficult task for IMG old GRADUATES but not impossible. good luck


thanks bhaiyaji and others

MCQ Crammer (Beta)
Free New MCQ Revision Tool by RxPG
 Page 1 of 1
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> beforeUSMLE -> Spouse is an american citizen

beforeUSMLE Community
RxPG community for 16 years
1,569 active members | 4,593 posts

Topic ID #280173
Started 5 years ago
2 contributors
4 posts | 1,945 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Server Status: 186 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 3.468 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook