RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - Steps for applying to usmle exams  
 Page 4 of 7 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

AshB

Whiterose wrote:
HI
CAN NY1 WID PROFORMA OF MODEL MEDICAL TRANSCRIPT SEND ME THE SAME,SINCE THERE IS NO SUCH READYMADE TRANSCRIPT AVAILABLE AT MY COLLEGE.

NYTHNG ELSE TO BE ADDED BESIDES
CLINICAL POSTNG DETAILS,MARKS N ATTEMPTS,ENTERANCE N FINISHING DATES OF COLLEGE?

You can also refer to a bit of discussion at the following link:
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!

UNANSWERED: Anyone wants to buy my Uworld Subscription?

AshB

Re: clinical clerkship
pepene wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone advise on what exactly I shud fill in on the 'Clinical Clerkship' bit on the Step 1 application form???
Many thanks

It includes details of clinical postings during ur 2nd MBBS to Final MBBS.

abacus
Aim USMLE Step 1

degree issues-help please
hi guys,
i plan to give my step1 in march, and was about to register on ECFMG. but my internship will be over in late jun/july(if hopefully no repeats!), so i wont be getting my final degree for quite sometime.
my question is , how do i go about applying for step1 exam given without the final degree? can i do that without issues? what other documentation if any will i require to submit?

also, one of the words of my name (my father's actually) is typed as 'mohammed' on the passport and 'mohd' on the provisional degree and marksheets(this is despite me having always submitted my name as mentioned in the passport-mohammed icon_sad.gif ). now, i dont know which name my final degree will arrive with. will my final degree come up with 'mohd' or mohammed'? and if the former, is there any way i can prevent my name coming as 'mohd' on my final degree?

thanks a lot in advance for any advice
icon_wink.gif
cheers
abacus

AshB

Re: degree issues-help please
abacus wrote:
hi guys,
i plan to give my step1 in march, and was about to <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user"><b>Register</b></a> on ECFMG. but my internship will be over in late jun/july(if hopefully no repeats!), so i wont be getting my final degree for quite sometime.
my question is , how do i go about applying for step1 exam given without the final degree? can i do that without issues? what other documentation if any will i require to submit?

If u had read this thread, ur questions have been answered more than once.
U need to get a letter from ur dean's(prinicipal) stating the date when u'll complete ur degree. Apaprt from that
- Form 183, 187, 344, 345
- One passport photo

abacus wrote:
also, one of the words of my name (my father's actually) is typed as 'mohammed' on the passport and 'mohd' on the provisional degree and marksheets(this is despite me having always submitted my name as mentioned in the passport-mohammed icon_sad.gif ). now, i dont know which name my final degree will arrive with. will my final degree come up with 'mohd' or mohammed'? and if the former, is there any way i can prevent my name coming as 'mohd' on my final degree?

I guess it'll be same as on provisional degree. U can approach the University people and see if they can do anything about it. Like u can put in some application or affidavit, as reqd by them.

AshB

cutie555 wrote:
hi all,i knw i m being repetetive but pll tell me that is clinical clerkship the same as clinical rotation dat we do from 2nd yr .and in the form it is given write ur name as on ur degree.on my degree it s first written my surname and then my name so shud i write it in that order only.thanx.waiting for ur help

If u know u r being repetitive than why ask in d first place!!!! icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif Please read the related discussions first so that we can save some of our time too by not having to answer the same questions nth time..

I think u shud write ur name as on d degree but for every confusion call up ECFMG n then act.

AshB

cutie555 wrote:
hi all,i knw i m being repetetive but pll tell me that is clinical clerkship the same as clinical rotation dat we do from 2nd yr

Yes, its d same.

sherly
Aim USMLE Step 1

hey!!! i hear that for the ecmg. one also needs Letters of Recommendation. so, can u people help me write one up. i need a sample of the LoR (letter of recommendation). can someone pls send me a copy of the LoR.

ieltsforall
Aim USMLE Step 1

Respected moderators can you tell me how to write credit card expiry date in numeric no like if in card the expire they written 03/04 then how to write in mumeric because as iwrite like this they told me write in numeric kindly reply AshB in written pls or any moderator .thanks in advance

tona
Aim USMLE Step 1

hey i gotta a prob again! my forms 186, 187, 344, 345 & other documts reached ECFMG on 29/12 along with a Copy of the deans letter stating when i will receive my final degree from univ(may'07)....but unlike after the online applicatn they still havent sent me any e-mail notification of their receipt of the post; its been 10days already!!! Meanwhile, some1 told me that i shld ve sent THE ORIGINAL DEAN'S LETTER (not a copy )... do you think thats the prob/ cause for delay? what to do now??? am worried cause am alresdy running super late icon_eek.gif

AshB

tona wrote:
hey i gotta a prob again! my forms 186, 187, 344, 345 & other documts reached ECFMG on 29/12 along with a Copy of the deans letter stating when i will receive my final degree from univ(may'07)....but unlike after the online applicatn they still havent sent me any e-mail notification of their receipt of the post; its been 10days already!!! Meanwhile, some1 told me that i shld ve sent THE ORIGINAL DEAN'S LETTER (not a copy )... do you think thats the prob/ cause for delay? what to do now??? am worried cause am alresdy running super late icon_eek.gif

They don't send any e-mail notification on receipt. U can check on oasis or wait, thats d only option.

AshB

ieltsforall wrote:
Respected moderators can you tell me how to write credit card expiry date in numeric no like if in card the expire they written 03/04 then how to write in mumeric because as iwrite like this they told me write in numeric kindly reply AshB in written pls or any moderator .thanks in advance

write it as 0304 ie. without an '/' in between numericals.

tona
Aim USMLE Step 1

prob with application
thx 4 ur reply... but i did check OASIS...it says 'waiting for certifn of Identifn' icon_surprised.gif Any idea how long it generally takes for them to update oasis? its already been a week

AshB

Re: prob with application
tona wrote:
thx 4 ur reply... but i did check OASIS...it says 'waiting for certifn of Identifn' icon_surprised.gif Any idea how long it generally takes for them to update oasis? its already been a week

It can take longer. Be patient.

tona
Aim USMLE Step 1

prob with step1 application
.... also if u can kindly tell if I should't have sent a COPY of the Dean's letter instead of the the ORIGINAL?

AshB

Re: prob with step1 application
tona wrote:
.... also if u can kindly tell if I should't have sent a COPY of the Dean's letter instead of the the ORIGINAL?

M not sure about it.. Call ecfmg or read d documentation to confirm.

sherly
Aim USMLE Step 1

hey guys, i am filing out the application for ecfmg. now in the "clinical clerkship" part , i need to "add" the details, right? and in the "Clinical Discipline" what should i right, and what about in the "supervising physician". the duration should be from 2nd prof to the final year, right?

AshB

sherly wrote:
hey guys, i am filing out the application for ecfmg. now in the "clinical clerkship" part , i need to "add" the details, right? and in the "Clinical Discipline" what should i right, and what about in the "supervising physician". the duration should be from 2nd prof to the final year, right?

U can refer ur transcripts for that. Supervising physician in my case was the head of deptt. as mentioned by college people on my transcripts.

They're simple ur postings from 2nd to final year.

sherly
Aim USMLE Step 1

but that would mean that there are more than one supervisior??

AshB

sherly wrote:
but that would mean that there are more than one supervisior??

Yes supervisor for every posting slot can be different. but for a particular slot, only one i.e. the HOD.

carbamazepine
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi vineetgsvm
I have started preparing for Step I but haven'e taken a date yet.I have got the ECFMG ID and the password.
please tell me that once I complete the application,(like book a slot), do I need to send a printout of the last page after getting it signed by the Dean of my medical colllege?I currently live in delhi and did my graduation from Mumbai.
please help

AshB

carbamazepine wrote:
hi vineetgsvm
I have started preparing for Step I but haven'e taken a date yet.I have got the ECFMG ID and the password.
please tell me that once I complete the application,(like book a slot), do I need to send a printout of the last page after getting it signed by the Dean of my medical colllege?I currently live in delhi and did my graduation from Mumbai.
please help

Read this thread for full details and also download and read the information booklet from ecfmg.org.

carbamazepine
Aim USMLE Step 1

THANKS ASHB
I HAD A CONFUSION IN MIND.READ THE INFORMATION BULLETIN THOROUGHLY AND IT WORKED.
IT NEEDS TO BE CERTIFIED BY ANY AUTHORISED SIGNATORY.
THANKS

google_singh
Aim MBA

Hey anybody here who left the clinical clerkships column ( item 20 ) blank? Is there a chance that my application might get rejected.....i have forgotten my months and dates totally.

tona
Aim USMLE Step 1

hey dont worry abt that .... i too didnt bother to fill it up as is many others i know... doesn't matter 'cuz u will 've to send clerkship details with ur med coll Transcripts later on.

google_singh
Aim MBA

Hey thanks tona for the quick response......thanks again icon_smile.gif

Also I have completed my internship on 31 Jan 2007. I have got ICC(internship completion cert) which states that I was student of ABC college from July 2001 to 31 Jan 2007.
But I have not yet received my degree
So should I apply as graduate or as a student?

sherly
Aim USMLE Step 1

u should apply as a graduate but make sure that you get a dean's letter stating that u have completed you mbbs. and MAKE SURE that the student section people aslo write the date that u will be recieving the degree. that is really really imp. otherwise ur application will REJECTED. as mine did. tell them to write . make it up.

pooarien
Aim USMLE Step 1

dean??
keep up the gud job vineetgsvm......and also others who r contributing to this thread.....really helpful to usmle aspirants.....
kindly nyone reply my query......my doing pogtgraduation..so for my usmle applications and for deans letter can the dean of my pg college sign??or is it compulsory tat dean of the college of graduation shud only sign????my pg college and ug ccolleges r different and in different cities...so plz help me......
thanx in advance for ny help....

pooarien
Aim USMLE Step 1

employment column in application for post graduate trainees
can anyone reply my query??
in the step 1 application the column indicating status of employment------
i m a post graduate trainee so wat i write in tat column???is my post graduate training period considered an employment???
if anyone knows specially those doing pg do plz reply abt this column.....
if possible do inform abt how to clarify my doubt
thanx

pooarien
Aim USMLE Step 1

confusion in date of graduation
can nyone tell me tat the columns........
date of graduation,
Date Medical Diploma Issued
Date you completed
requirements for
the final medical diploma
wat dates to fill in these columns???the same dayte as i completed my intern or the date of getting medical mbbs registration......plz help...i m stuck in the form icon_rolleyes.gif

pooarien
Aim USMLE Step 1

reply to the above queries
THERE IS NO REPLY TO MY ABOVE QUERIES
so i called up ecfmg to get my doubts cleared,i m posting their reply for thos who like me are in confusion regarding form fill up and the queries not answered in forums....
>ecfmg people told to keep the clinical clerkship column blank.dont fill it with internship or ward postings.the lady there told clerkship is different.
>regarding employment column,she told that its optional,you may or may not fil it up.
i hope i have been of some help to confused people like me

chandy
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

hey pooarien..
what about the getting the app signed by dean of graduating college? is it necessary? coz i've also got graduated in 2005 n my college is very far away...can u please guide ..i need help urgently

chandy
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

hey why is everybody mentioning that the name shud be same as given in passport >cant v use our drivers license as a proof instead?coz i've applied 4 my passport n it'l take time to be issued i mean at least 2 months more.

can some one pleez clearify

pooarien
Aim USMLE Step 1

for chandy
chandy which form you mean?
form 186? you can sign it by college dean or notary public or consular
official or first class magistrate.

regarding the name>>if your name is same in ecfmg record ,on your degree and all other documents...you dont need any name proof.only if your name is different you need to confirm it.check ecfmg bulletin for more info on this matter.

P.S. be more clear in your queries.before applying first time for usmle read the ECFMG and USMLE bulletin carefully.

chandy
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

hey thanks 4 a prompt reply ...but what i wanted to clearify was about the "acceptable identification" forms that they've asked 4 ..in that case can v use our drivers license instead of passport.or do u mean that v have 2 show acceptable identification only if there's a change in name sometime later due to any reason

chandy
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

hey thanks 4 a prompt reply ...but what i wanted to clearify was about the "acceptable identification" forms that they've asked 4 ..in that case can v use our drivers license instead of passport.or do u mean that v have 2 show acceptable identification only if there's a change in name sometime later due to any reason

Whiterose
Aim USMLE Step 1

WAT U R PUTTIN AS ACCEPTABLE IDENTIFICATION FORMS,,,ARE--FORM 186,187,344,345,,,IF U R A MED GRADUATE.

N U NEED PASSPORT FOR GIVIN EXAM,,THAT WUD BE UR IDENTIFICATION PROOF WEN U ENTER THE PROMETRIC CENTRE TO GIVE STEP-1.

GET IT READY BY THEN.

pooarien
Aim USMLE Step 1

chandy
hey,
i think you check prometric site or contact them on phone because i think when we go for exam the id proof can be passport or drivers license.our local prometric centre told this.but you just confirm from your centre.they are professional and you will get prompt reply

dr_kanwar
Aim Canada

Hi, everrybody.. can anybody help me out please. I am struck at the application fr authentication. it has got 2 coloumns fr name i.e. LAST NAME and REST OF THE NAME. okay nw I have IN MY PASS PORT my name as SURNAME- KANWAR..... nd under GIVEN NAME- PARSHANT SINGH. now the problem is how should i enter my name at authentication form. its written in instructions that write surname as last name,,,,so its fine i will enter LAST NAME as KANWAR[as it has been entered as surname in my passport]....gluteus now how should i enter the REST OF THE NAME..... whether i should write PARSHANT SINGH in tthis coloumn or write only PARSHANT in dis coloumn and enter KANWAR and SINGH in LAST NAME coloumn. PLEASE GUIDE ME

manipalguy
Aim AIIMS

Hello there is a sligyt confusionnregarding sending the Paper part of the online application.
Where I am suppose to send them
I have included form 344,345,186,and 187. with 2 copies of my degree and one full face photograph.
BBUt there is a confusion where to send it

Can anybody tell me the full address where to send the paper part of the application.

pooarien
Aim USMLE Step 1

for manipalguy
send all the forms to the address written on form 187.......also write the phone no. written just below the address......
do not staple any document......just attach them with paper clip.....
i hope this will help you

manipalguy
Aim AIIMS

HI every one. I have a doubt
i have just filled up the step one form and planning to take step 1 and step 2 in the months of july and october respectively ... but with this speed i wont be able to be eligible for 2008 match.

what should i do?? should i hurry and take all the steps?

By what date i should be finished with al the steps to be eleigible for 2008 match.
Kindly advise!!

drche

hey manipal guy,
the ideal timeline for 2008 match would be to have all 3

scores(1,2ck and cs) scores ready by september .. .

atropine
Aim USMLE Step 1

application for steps
hey what does that clinical clerkship mean?? do we have to submit any documents to support that?

doc575

pl refer to step1 section this topic and many queries are discussed there in detail,anyways clerkship is the clinical rotations we do in mbbs,no documents reqd to support it,just mention the dept,incharge and the duration

AshB

Re: application for steps
atropine wrote:
hey what does that clinical clerkship mean?? do we have to submit any documents to support that?

Its similar to ur clinical postings in MBBS but not exactly the same. So u better leave that item empty.

ur transcripts are supposed to mention them. Plz refer the step1 application thread for details on these things..

kuttinguru
Aim USMLE Step 1

dear friends

i have finished my internship in march 2007 in a medicalo college from tamilnadu and now going to apply as a graduate.i dont have final medical diploma and dont know when i will get it.

what shud i do in this case.pls help me

AshB

kuttinguru wrote:
dear friends

i have finished my internship in march 2007 in a medicalo college from <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/forum45.html">TamilNadu</a>
and now going to apply as a graduate.i dont have final medical diploma and dont know when i will get it.

what shud i do in this case.pls help me

Kuttinguru I think most universities have the provision of issuing a degree earlier if u file an application. At least Rajasthan University gave it to me easily for a charge of Rs. 50! icon_smile.gif Just call up or visit ur university to confirm.

Plz go thru the step1 application thread for detailed info..

babu007
Aim USMLE Step 1

pllzzz help.im really stuck on this one!!! plzzzzz
can nyone tell me tat the columns........
date of graduation,
Date Medical Diploma Issued
Date you completed
requirements for
the final medical diploma
wat dates to fill in these columns???the same dayte as i completed my intern or the date of getting medical mbbs registration......plz help...i m stuck in the form

PLZZ TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN - DATE U COMPLETED REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FINAL MEDICAL DIPLOMA AND DATE OF GRADUATION.DOES DATE OF GRADUATION REFER TO THE DATE WHEN I PASSED MY FINAL MBBS exam?

google_singh
Aim MBA

I filled in following....dont know if its correct ot not.

date of graduation, ---Date of completion of Internship
Date Medical Diploma Issued -Ask ur college, if ur degree has not been issued....if u r gonna use a Dean's letter for this purpose....make suer they write the same date as u mention it in ur application....
Date you completed
requirements for
the final medical diploma-Date of completion of Internship

babu007
Aim USMLE Step 1

thnx
hii google .even i filled the same thing but many people have filled different things.did ur application got accepted?when did u apply for step 1

MCQ Crammer (Beta)
Free New MCQ Revision Tool by RxPG
 Page 4 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> beforeUSMLE -> Steps for applying to usmle exams

beforeUSMLE Community
RxPG community for 16 years
1,565 active members | 4,588 posts

Topic ID #37028
Started 14 years ago
14 community credits
95 contributors
313 posts | 195,514 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 130 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 2.291 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook