RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - Pharma study pattern  
 Page 1 of 1

Rkoticha
Aim AIPGE 2011

Pharma study pattern
Dear docs
i'm in 2nd yr,just started 2 read From TRIPATHI but i am just lost.i dnt knw wat 2 study i mean if a particular drug is there then wat 2 study in that,the patern ,the type of questions asked n how 2 stuf in my brain.
Pls tel me wat diagrms 2 draw, how 2 organise d answer. I study in mumbai,Muhs.pls reply.pls

raj k

UNANSWERED: Topics division/frequency in final mbbs question papers?

sammudon
Aim AIIMS

dont worry.though i am a new comer to 2 mbbs,i can assure u that it will be smooth sailing once u r perfect with general pharmacology.

rmh

Regarding ur query abt what 2 study frm a particular drug...
study the class to which it belongs,pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics,mech of action, uses, adverse effects, dose, contraindications

rahulst
Aim MD Final Exam

Hi i am new comer to 2nd mbbs too......i wanted 2 know if there r mcqs asked on onset, duration of action and pl half life of drugs.....or is it that i guess we have 2 remember only the impt ones???

rmh

u dont have to remember half life , duration of action of all drugs... study imp ones..
of course u have to know examples of drugs having short half life,
long half life,drugs excreted in bile..
drug interactions (WARFARIN is most important.. interaction with most of the drugs...

A_MIT
Aim AIIMS

thanks a lot sammudon and rmh

rockandy9
Aim NEET PG 2012

dude.... 1st gather urslf n dun go by ur seniors' or colleagues' inputs..
it is humanly IMPOSSIBLE TO REMEMBER EVRYTHIN ABT EVRYTHIN... icon_eek.gif
in due course of time u'lll realise which r d prototype drugs nd which r significant clinically as well as frm point of view of xams..
for eg: ACE inhibitors.... read captopril n jus glance over d unique properties of other drugs.. read its adverse effects which r more imp...
likewise u'll find it a bit easier..
try makin mnemonics for uses,,,,dat'll help
CHEERS...................

A_MIT
Aim AIIMS

thanks pal...
I know its not possible to study all the drugs & remember them...
I have joined this site.. just one day ago.. Its such a wonderful site... glad to see many undergraduates & seniors around..

gobind

I am a senior resident in Pharmacology
Start studying KDT and along with this after each chapter or unit, do the MCQs of 'Katzung Review' (mini katzung). For making the work easier for you we have written a book on pharmacology, it contains every chapter in very easy to understand language (and are very concise). after the theory of each chapter, there are MCQs with the explanations. Morever to make the learning easy, large no. of mnemonics have been added.
the book is
REVIEW OF PHARMACOLOGY BY DR. GOBIND RAI GARG AND DR. SPARSH GUPTA, PULSE PUBLICATIONS.

if you have time, do give a look at this book

gobind

I am a senior resident in Pharmacology
Start studying KDT and along with this after each chapter or unit, do the MCQs of 'Katzung Review' (mini katzung). For making the work easier for you we have written a book on pharmacology, it contains every chapter in very easy to understand language (and are very concise). after the theory of each chapter, there are MCQs with the explanations. Morever to make the learning easy, large no. of mnemonics have been added.
the book is
REVIEW OF PHARMACOLOGY BY DR. GOBIND RAI GARG AND DR. SPARSH GUPTA, PULSE PUBLICATIONS.

if you have time, do give a look at this book

medicogenius

well i feel satoskar is also gud book 4 pharm... tripathi doesnt cover e verything lyk satoskar

RayTheSocialLion
Aim NEET PG

Tripathi is best.. new latest edition 6th is best..

covers for both Satoskar n old KDT.

abt pattern.. yeah.. hell lot 2 remember..

suzane_lib
Aim AIPGE 2016

HEY I WANNA KNOW WHETHER REMEMBRING PHARMACOKINETICS OF EACH DRUG IS IMP OR WE CAN IGNORE

suzane_lib
Aim AIPGE 2016

IS LIPINCOTT GOOD 4 AIPGE OR USMLE BECAZ I DONT FINND IT BETTER THAN TRIPATHI

suzane_lib
Aim AIPGE 2016

plz reply my ques i dnt understand y u guys dnt reply

Essentials of Medical Pharmacology By KD Tripathi
Extensively revised and updated chapters to include recently introduced drugs, published information and therapeutic practices.
 Page 1 of 1
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> MBBS -> Pharma study pattern

MBBS Community
RxPG community for 16 years
2,873 active members | 10,350 posts

Topic ID #59813
Started 13 years ago
10 contributors
15 posts | 5,170 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 131 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 1.660 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook