RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - Steps for applying to usmle exams  
 Page 6 of 7 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

danan
Aim USMLE Jobs

hi ashB plz help me out. i have taken transfer and did my internship from other college , does it come under the transfer of credits.

UNANSWERED: Anyone wants to buy my Uworld Subscription?

janet_dennis
Aim NEET PG

hello do we have to submit the medical transcript for step 1

danan
Aim USMLE Jobs

i think not compulsory,ecfmg asks our transcrit from college directly,if the college does not post them then we have to submit.but it is best if we submit them.

AshB

danan wrote:
i think not compulsory,ecfmg asks our transcrit from college directly,if the college does not post them then we have to submit.but it is best if we submit them.

Yes, as danan said, its not necessary to submit it with your application but if you have it with you, there's no harm in sending a photocopy with your application.

medneo
Aim USMLE Step 1

Thanks

janet_dennis
Aim NEET PG

can i know mor abut the procedure to fill in forms in ecfmg

vaibhavb
Aim AIIMS

thnks for info icon_smile.gif

dinuk
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hi,

I got the form 183 ultimately. Should it be necessarily sent from the deans office.
I think there would be some delay it to be sent from the deans office. Instead can i send it to ecfmg once certified by the dean ???

pls advice.....

once the form 183 has been sent to the ecfmg, what will happen next ??

thanx

AshB

dinuk wrote:
Hi,

I got the form 183 ultimately. Should it be necessarily sent from the deans office.
I think there would be some delay it to be sent from the deans office. Instead can i send it to ecfmg once certified by the dean ???

pls advice.....

once the form 183 has been sent to the ecfmg, what will happen next ??

thanx

No you can send Form 183/186 yourself. I am sure about it, a friend called up ECFMG just a couple of days ago to confirm this.

Once you sent your complete application pakcage including from 183, ECFMG starts processing yopur application in 2 parts. First is Step1 application which is accepted in 2-4 weeks.

Second is your credential verification which starts simultaneously but goes independent of Step1 application and takes upto few months.

dr_2k7
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

Hi
m to apply for step 2 CK
While applying for step1 I didn't send any specific documents expect my graduation degree xerox.
I mean I didn't send any of the credentials.
Now am planning to apply for step 2CK
What r the documents that I should send now?
Is it only online or any paper work?
And how many days b4 should I do that?
And what is the fees?

AshB

dr_2k7 wrote:
Hi
m to apply for step 2 CK
While applying for step1 I didn't send any specific documents expect my graduation degree xerox.
I mean I didn't send any of the credentials.
Now am planning to apply for step 2CK
What r the documents that I should send now?
Is it only online or any paper work?
And how many days b4 should I do that?
And what is the fees?

If you sent Form 344, 345 etc you don't need to send any papers now. Only online application would suffice. Credentials would be verified by your parent college.

Apply as soon as possible to get dates comfortably. You can do that 6 months before the start of your slot.

dr_2k7
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

Thank U Ash B
So I can apply rite now if want to write in March or longer.
Is this also a 3 month slot type?

AshB

dr_2k7 wrote:
Thank U Ash B
So I can apply rite now if want to write in March or longer.
Is this also a 3 month slot type?

Yes you can. Its the same as Step1

dr_2k7
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

Ok
Thank U Ash B

dinuk
Aim USMLE Step 1

anything to be sent other than form 183
Hi AshB,

thank you for the advice.

when you say package.., what other things must be sent with the form 183.

I'm awaiting my final MBBS results, applied as a student, no transfers, no other special things.

I thought i would have to send only the form 183. I guess i don't have to send form 344 & 345 'cos i don't receive my degree yet.

please clarify my doughts !!!!

please reply quick........

lansfield
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

Hi,
I wish to add my family name to usmle given name.I hav already applied for step2. What all r requisites for name change? How will it affect my application? or shall i wait till i finish all my steps before ecfmg certification. Please someone help me , thanks in advance.

AshB

Re: anything to be sent other than form 183
dinuk wrote:
Hi AshB,

thank you for the advice.

when you say package.., what other things must be sent with the form 183.

I'm awaiting my final MBBS results, applied as a student, no transfers, no other special things.

I thought i would have to send only the form 183. I guess i don't have to send form 344 & 345 'cos i don't receive my degree yet.

please clarify my doughts !!!!

please reply quick........

Please go through the thread. The list and other details have been mentioned many times here.

Also read ECFMG information booklet for updated information.

AshB

lansfield wrote:
Hi,
I wish to add my family name to <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/forum5.html">USMLE</a>
given name.I hav already applied for step2. What all r requisites for name change? How will it affect my application? or shall i wait till i finish all my steps before ecfmg certification. Please someone help me , thanks in advance.

This things have NO effect on you application. These are administrative issues purely concerning ECFMG, ERAS etc. Programs don't care at all about it.

There is a name change form thats available on Oasis i guess but i have thin idea baout it. Read the ECFMG information booklet and/or call up ECFMG for accurate info.

lansfield
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

Thanks AshB for ur advice.

manipalguy
Aim AIIMS

I took step 1 on 17th december 2007 and til now I didnt get any email regarding the results nor did I got something in the "score report Information" column in OASIS.

Are these the only ways to get to know ones result or there is some another website where results are put up?

AshB

manipalguy wrote:
I took step 1 on 17th december 2007 and til now I didnt get any email regarding the results nor did I got something in the "score report Information" column in OASIS.

Are these the only ways to get to know ones result or there is some another website where results are put up?

No there is no other way except oasis. Due to holiday season in US they are taking more time than usual for everything.

Good luck for the score.

tickle

nice tips.

sly2009
Aim USMLE Step 1

National ID No. problem
Dear All,

While filling up the online application, I am not sure as to what to enter in the National ID No. item, as we as Indian nationals do not have any National ID No.s given by our Govt.

Should we enter our passport no. and while doing so should we mention that it is a passport no. in the box provided.

Making an entry is mandatory according to the instructions.

Kindly help me in this.

Thanks and Regards,
Sly

AshB

Re: National ID No. problem
sly2009 wrote:
Dear All,

While filling up the online application, I am not sure as to what to enter in the National ID No. item, as we as Indian nationals do not have any National ID No.s given by our Govt.

Should we enter our passport no. and while doing so should we mention that it is a passport no. in the box provided.

Making an entry is mandatory according to the instructions.

Kindly help me in this.

Thanks and Regards,
Sly

You can leave it empty.

sly2009
Aim USMLE Step 1

Dear AshB,

Thank you so much for clarifying my doubt.

Few other areas have proved a bit of a hassle.

1.In Item no.18:
a]When I entered the graduation date ,I entered the date on which I finished my final prof.But on submitting the same I was told that the graduation date could not be before the ''completion of requirements for medical diploma'' date[Had entered the internship completion date for''completion of requirements for medical diploma''].

2.In no. of years attended under the Days Of Attendance what is the figure that we should put in the box.I did my MBBS from India.

Kindly advise regarding these.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Sly

luv2all3
Aim NEET PG

hi 2 all specially ASH B who is great help to USMLE aspirants

wht should one fill in the native language.As a indian are we xpected to write hindi as native language.

anaida
Aim USMLE Step 2 CS

yes u can write hindi or your dialect!

villa_torino123
Aim USMLE Step 1

i have a doubt.
1. should i enter each and every clerkship in detail.

2. as i dont have my degree certificate, i will get a dean's letter. what date should i put in the graduation letter( the expected date of recieving graduation certificate) my univ which is rguhs(bangalore) is taking its own sweet time some say june some say august.
Please help me out

karthik_sm
Aim DM Neurology

@ Villatorino, me too from RGUHS.
If You completed your internship in april 2008, then expected month of receiving your degree certificate is may/jun 2009.
You can get a letter from dean stating the same.

karthik_sm
Aim DM Neurology

Guys, i had a doubt,

While filling in the application it is said that the photocopies should be of 8.5 inches by 11 inches in size.

I wanted to know whether i should send even the form 186, 187, 344, 345 in the same size??

Its annoying to keep searching in stationary shops for odd size paper (everyone says A 4 is available)

Also should i send the photo in US passport size or Indian Passport size is fine??

Thanks a lot

Regards,
Karthik

vmhatre
Aim Maharashtra PG

Hi all, could someone please help me out on the following?

Took final prof in Oct 2004
Completed internship in Dec 2005,
Received MBBS certificate in April 2006

BUT the certificate says that the degree was conferred on me in Oct 2004. What dates should I use for:

- Date you completed requirements for the final medical diploma
- Graduation date
- Date medical diploma issued

I assumed that internship completion date should be the date for completion of requirements. But the MBBS certificate says that the degree is conferred in Oct 2004. The online form won't let me proceed saying that graduation cannot be before completion. Should I put graduation date as April 2006 when the degree was given to me during convocation? I am not sure why they have mentioned Oct-2004 in the certificate, because the requirements were not completed then. Just that the final year exams took place in that month.

Could someone please help out?
Thanks!

karthik_sm
Aim DM Neurology

I think you should enter the month u finished your internship as your completed requirements for medical diploma and graduation date. And
month you received your degree certificate as date ur medical diploma was issued to you.

Just confirm again.

Navjot
Aim PLAB Part 1

EXTERNSHIP & PROJECTS
is anyone interested to do an externship and a project related to surgery or gynae obs.

can we discuss this and help each other out

THANX icon_smile.gif

dr-ish
Aim AIPGE 2013

hi i have registered in iwa but they have not send me an id no. ... it is 2 days now, shall i wait for 3 more days and re-register

karthik_sm
Aim DM Neurology

Its given in IWA instructions that it will take 5 WORKING DAYS, that means it excludes saturday and sunday.

So its better u wait for 6 days atleast, excluding sat and sun. If u havent received mail from them, check your spam folder just in case.

Otherwise u can always call them and know the status.

luv2all3
Aim NEET PG

hey.........i am also in similar situation like you dear..........hope someone helps.......i want to ask one more thing should i write native language as hindi or english as the medium for USMLE examination is english....i know this question might sound ridiculous but its important for me.

karthik_sm
Aim DM Neurology

You can write native language as Hindi, I dont think it matters.

But if u still worried, write native language as English and other known languages as hindi.

U can get a letter from Dean stating your medium of education was English.

dr-ish
Aim AIPGE 2013

hey i got my id and password today!

luv2all3
Aim NEET PG

thx karthik! i will write native language as hindi.

luv2all3
Aim NEET PG

HIIIIII
hello! my date of passing my final MBBS exam is feb 2005 and completing the internship on feb 2006.i am from india.the date mentioned in my final medical diploma is octobeer 2005.can anyone tell what to fill in ;

1. Number of years attended

2.Date you completed
requirements for
the final medical diploma

3.Graduation date

4.Date medical diploma issued

PLZ HELP SOMEONE URGENTLY AS I AM HIGHLY CONFUSED WHAT TO FILL

mango111

I filled up the ECFMG form
1. Because the language is confusing, I filled in the details of my Internship in place of the clinical clerkships (I should have filled in the 2nd and 3rd MBBS clinical postings). How do I change it? Can I cancel this form and restart another form? What happens to the mudra that I have already paid them?

2. My stupid sarkari college does not have any records of my clinical postings, are not giving me any details either. The only transcript that I got from these [bleep] shows the hours attended in each department (Biochem, patho, medicine etc)

3. My college principal in typical sarkari istyle signed On the photograph instead of below it. is this ok with the ECFMG walas or are they going to hanker about this.

drfton
Aim USMLE Step 1

please can u specify whether clinical clerkship starts after u finish mbbs 9 th term or it starts in 3rd term upto 9th term . does it include the clinical internship of 1 yr after 9 term

saursum

since one is eligible for clrkship upto internship so i think onw should assume clinical clerkship from 3rd sem upto internship but i dont know just guessing

drtonse
Aim MRCP Part 2

hi can anyone please guide me , need to fill my form please help...... i am running short of time , someone who have filled online form recently please guide

rajeee
Aim USMLE Step 1

regarding clerkships
can the period during which i underwent my compulsory resident internship be taken as clerkship???? kindly reply...

vikas_gurbani
Aim MRCPath Part 1

thanx a ton icon_biggrin.gif

DrShanmukh
Aim AFMC

I hv done my graduation and awaiting for my degree certificate. I have a provisional degree certificate. Now, I m ready to apply for step 1. can i send the copy of provisional degree or shud i wait for my permanent degree certificate? I know that i can take a letter frm my dean stating tht my permanent degree is not yey received and is expected by so and so date. But its a lengthy procedure. What should i do? Help!! Help!!

drritikasharma
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

DrShanmukh wrote:
I hv done my graduation and awaiting for my degree certificate. I have a provisional degree certificate. Now, I m ready to apply for step 1. can i send the copy of provisional degree or shud i wait for my permanent degree certificate? I know that i can take a letter frm my dean stating tht my permanent degree is not yey received and is expected by so and so date. But its a lengthy procedure. What should i do? Help!! Help!!

Hi DrShanmukh!
You are exactly in the same position as me. You need not submit a xerox of your prov. certificate. Instead you need to attach a letter stating that you have completed all the requirements of your graduation and you will be issued your degree certificate on x-y-z date (on the letterhead of your school), which has to be duly signed by "registrar/dean/vice dean" of your medical school. This will be send along with form 186 , form 187 and a passport size photgraph from from the Office of your medical school. You need to send form344 and form 345 along with a copy of your degree certificate as soon as it is issued . Hope this helps!
( I assume you have are a graduate ie completed your internship, cus if u havent..the procedure is different)

DrShanmukh
Aim AFMC

drritikasharma wrote:
DrShanmukh wrote:

Hi DrShanmukh!
You are exactly in the same position as me. You need not submit a xerox of your prov. certificate. Instead you need to attach a letter stating that you have completed all the requirements of your graduation and you will be issued your degree certificate on x-y-z date (on the letterhead of your school), which has to be duly signed by "registrar/dean/vice dean" of your medical school. This will be send along with form 186 , form 187 and a passport size photgraph from from the Office of your medical school. You need to send form344 and form 345 along with a copy of your degree certificate as soon as it is issued . Hope this helps!
( I assume you have are a graduate ie completed your internship, cus if u havent..the procedure is different)

Hello Dr.ritika.
Thnx for ur reply. Its helpful. Yeah. I completed my internship half year back, but yet to receive my degree certificate, blame my university. Got few other probs like differences in names. Shud sort them out apply soon. Any ways, thanks again. Cheers!!

parvezlala
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

filling in application form
can u plz help me in filling the application form ,im really confused

MCQ Crammer (Beta)
Free New MCQ Revision Tool by RxPG
 Page 6 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> beforeUSMLE -> Steps for applying to usmle exams

beforeUSMLE Community
RxPG community for 16 years
1,568 active members | 4,592 posts

Topic ID #37028
Started 14 years ago
14 community credits
95 contributors
313 posts | 203,906 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 122 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 42.33 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook