RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - General queries about USMLE  
 Page 14 of 22 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

AshB

Re: <a href=
aresalan wrote:
thanks alot for the reply.would u plz tell me how much is pass persentage?total marks is out of 350.how much is minimum passing score?if i get 150/350in part 1 and 150/350 in ck should i get residency in medicine.??urgent plz?

Aresalan as Jedai said you need to gather a lot of preliminary info. Everything has been discussed in Step 1 forum, go through them and then try to post in relevant threads.

You don't need to write 'urgent' after every post. Everybody here tries to discuss when he/she can and almost everybody is short on time. So be patient and go through forums, we all will try to answer any additional queries you have.

For starters, Step 1 doesn't have any 'marks'. It has a 2 digit and a 3 digit 'score' which is NOT directly equal to number correct answers. BTW around 60-65% correct answers maybe enough to pass but nobody knows for sure.

@Jedai: How're you doing dude? icon_wink.gif

UNANSWERED: Anyone wants to buy my Uworld Subscription?

aresalan

usmle
thanks alot .would you plz describe in short words what is two digit and three digit scores i m confused.for getting residency in medicine how much score i need?i asked someone he said atleast 90 percent.how much that means out of 350 objectives i need to correct to get in medicine residency???i shall be highly thankful to you if u let me know this ...

RealMadrid
Aim MD

dear aresalan
u seriously need to get ur basics right..
my serious advide wud be to not take ur steps until u r thorough with the process..
or uu ll be at a big loss

RealMadrid
Aim MD

go thru the official website of usmle,ecfmg,nrmp,n freida online n gain some radical info..
n i hope u know what r the materials n methods of studying

good luck n all the best

shankardada

@dipsite
HI thanks 4 the info. I already completed my diploma in pediatrics[DCH] and i cant afford to waste another yr. So can i hope 2 geta pediatrics residency if i apply late? thanks icon_smile.gif

Jedai

Re: <a href=
AshB wrote:
aresalan wrote:
thanks alot for the reply.would u plz tell me how much is pass persentage?total marks is out of 350.how much is minimum passing score?if i get 150/350in part 1 and 150/350 in ck should i get residency in medicine.??urgent plz?

Aresalan as Jedai said you need to gather a lot of preliminary info. Everything has been discussed in Step 1 forum, go through them and then try to post in relevant threads.

You don't need to write 'urgent' after every post. Everybody here tries to discuss when he/she can and almost everybody is short on time. So be patient and go through forums, we all will try to answer any additional queries you have.

For starters, Step 1 doesn't have any 'marks'. It has a 2 digit and a 3 digit 'score' which is NOT directly equal to number correct answers. BTW around 60-65% correct answers maybe enough to pass but nobody knows for sure.

@Jedai: How're you doing dude? icon_wink.gif

Hey AshB, thanks for transferrin this thread over here... icon_wink.gif
I'm good..How are you you doin?

tickle

nice thread.

parikrama
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hii all..
I have a query..I dont know if this is the right place to post this question..Well its about Usmle CDs that everyone seems to talk about a lot..Could anybody plz tell me how and where can i find them??
Thanks a ton in advance.
Parikrama

P.S. Searched the forum but didnt find any related posts.

manipalguy
Aim AIIMS

When you aply for USMLE step 1 or step 2... they send you the CD which has 3 practice exams.
You can also download the questions from the USMLE website .

parikrama
Aim USMLE Step 1

But i have already applied..Got a date in may..Is there still a chance i ll be getting them??
Was i supposed to fill a certain form at the time of application to get them?
Thanks

manipalguy
Aim AIIMS

Well.. I dont remember that.... May be there was an option which we just had to tick.... but doesnt matter... U can download all the exam sample materials from usmle website. there is nothing extra in CD.

parikrama
Aim USMLE Step 1

Thanks a lot manipalguy..
God bless

dipsite
Aim USMLE Step 1

parikrama wrote:
God bless
God Bless..........Whom????? icon_rolleyes.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_lol.gif

parikrama
Aim USMLE Step 1

dipsite wrote:
parikrama wrote:
God bless
God Bless..........Whom????? icon_rolleyes.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_lol.gif
Well... Its interesting you give a thought to that post soon as i put it up here..
However i had to wait for a while before i got an answer to my query!!!!!!!!!Anyway
GOD BLESS US ALL dipsite..

dipsite
Aim USMLE Step 1

parikrama wrote:
dipsite wrote:
parikrama wrote:
God bless
Well... Its interesting you give a thought to that post soon as i put it up here..
However i had to wait for a while before i got an answer to my query!!!!!!!!!Anyway
GOD BLESS US ALL dipsite..
Ohh..

cheers !!

rockdoc
Aim AIIMS

hey frns have joined rx pg forum recently.can anybody pl. give me info regarding everything on usmle. how to register.how 2 prepare.which books to read.whether coaching is necessary or not

drchowdary
Aim Andhra Pradesh PG

Hi,
iam also one of the enthusiastic person to write the UsMLE,but my doubt is wheter any possiblity of getting residency in SURGEY is there or not ?please let me know,,i would be very thankful for the above mentioned..

dipsite
Aim USMLE Step 1

drchowdary wrote:
Hi,
iam also one of the enthusiastic person to write the UsMLE,but my doubt is wheter any possiblity of getting residency in SURGEY is there or not ?please let me know,,i would be very thankful for the above mentioned..
Everything is gettable. Surgery is tough, not impossible.

Match Rate is only 15% in Surgery.

rajju077

even 15% is not bad at all.

rajju077

rockdoc wrote:
hey frns have joined rx pg forum recently.can anybody pl. give me info regarding everything on <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/forum5.html">USMLE</a>
. how to <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user"><b>Register</b></a>.how 2 prepare.which books to read.whether coaching is necessary or not

Again, i recommend you should read the entire forum and its threads to get all the info. If you dont have the patience or dedication to even read what others have previously painstakingly posted here, how will you have the patience and dedication to actually prepare for the exam and the application procedure?
I would be only too glad for someone to post a reply to your answer, but the answer to your question is pretty long.
I am sure other USMLE aspirants here are also busy, and they wouldnt want to waste their time posting redundant info.
Please be more active and responsible, and try reading the info given in the threads, or try good old natured googling.
This is not a reprimand, only a advice.

dipsite
Aim USMLE Step 1

rajju077 wrote:
rockdoc wrote:
hey frns have joined rx pg forum recently.can anybody pl. give me info regarding everything on <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/forum5.html">USMLE</a>
. how to <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user"><b>Register</b></a>.how 2 prepare.which books to read.whether coaching is necessary or not

Again, i recommend you should read the entire forum and its threads to get all the info. If you dont have the patience or dedication to even read what others have previously painstakingly posted here, how will you have the patience and dedication to actually prepare for the exam and the application procedure?
I would be only too glad for someone to post a reply to your answer, but the answer to your question is pretty long.
I am sure other USMLE aspirants here are also busy, and they wouldnt want to waste their time posting redundant info.
Please be more active and responsible, and try reading the info given in the threads, or try good old natured googling.
This is not a reprimand, only a advice.
Oh wow!! Impressive.. That kind of attitude I was looking for, which Senior members/Moderators/Site Administrators lack.

rajju077

I am actually pretty much bored of multiple questions from people asking the same thing over and over and over and over again, every day, when everything is in their face.
And there is a wonderful magic tool called GOOGLE out there, and there is a reason why its valued at more than a billion dollars. Because it answers all your questions.
I do not discourage posting queries here, i encourage it, but i encourage you all to post queries that have NOT been answered before. Because you are actually insulting the posters who previously posted the much needed info after doing their research. They put their time and energy into entering info here, and still you persist to find new ways of posting the same redundant queries.
Moderators and posters here alike have been very noble to put in all the necessary info, and whatever they havent been able to post, its because it can easily be found via google.
And unless you yourself put work and energy into the process ( asking a redundant query isnt doing work, its trying to avoid work ) , others wont and cant help you.

dipsite
Aim USMLE Step 1

rajju077 wrote:
I am actually pretty much bored of multiple questions from people asking the same thing over and over and over and over again, every day, when everything is in their face.
And there is a wonderful magic tool called GOOGLE out there, and there is a reason why its valued at more than a billion dollars. Because it answers all your questions.
I do not discourage posting queries here, i encourage it, but i encourage you all to post queries that have NOT been answered before. Because you are actually insulting the posters who previously posted the much needed info after doing their research. They put their time and energy into entering info here, and still you persist to find new ways of posting the same redundant queries.
Moderators and posters here alike have been very noble to put in all the necessary info, and whatever they havent been able to post, its because it can easily be found via google.
And unless you yourself put work and energy into the process ( asking a redundant query isnt doing work, its trying to avoid work ) , others wont and cant help you.
Hmm.... I see icon_biggrin.gif icon_smile.gif icon_lol.gif icon_wink.gif

rajju077

The senior moderators/ Members and Site administrators are pretty noble, and they are responsible enough. And i dont think they lack anything. I am not doing any a-$$ kissing, but the moderators and administrators here are doing a fine job, and there isnt a single thing i would change, except ofcourse posting superfluous queries. But it's something every member has a right to, to ask any amount of questions.

dipsite
Aim USMLE Step 1

rajju077 wrote:
The senior moderators/ Members and Site administrators are pretty noble, and they are responsible enough. And i dont think they lack anything. I am not doing any a-$$ kissing, but the moderators and administrators here are doing a fine job, and there isnt a single thing i would change, except ofcourse posting superfluous queries. But it's something every member has a right to, to ask any amount of questions.
Double standards.. huh !! icon_twisted.gif icon_evil.gif

AshB

rajju077 wrote:

Dipsite, nobody lacks anything. To ignore stupidities and to be patient enough to deal with such redundant queries is a damn tough job. Admins/Mods/Seniors members who do that, certainly have that extra strength rather than 'lacking' an 'attitude'. So don't belittle their efforts by your stray comments.

Attitude is something I have in plenty. Its just that if I choose to help somebody I have to be large hearted. Just mocking every other poster on his lack of knowledge or forum etiquettes isn't something that has made public forums the best way to share information. We have to also consider the fact that most of such people have never used forums before.

Rajju, I certainly want to echo your thoughts about such queries. I've felt like saying that for a long time. Its just that i couldn't find such a balanced way to put it, as you have.

Siyaa

Ash B wrote:

Dipsite, nobody lacks anything. To ignore stupidities and to be patient enough to deal with such redundant queries is a damn tough job. Admins/Mods/Seniors members who do that, certainly have that extra strength rather than 'lacking' an 'attitude'. So don't belittle their efforts by your stray comments. .

True

dipsite wrote:

Oh wow!! Impressive.. That kind of attitude I was looking for, which Senior members/Moderators/Site Administrators lack.

Oceans universally lack capability of exploding into ebbs and flows when anyone throws pebbles in it......

rajju077

Siyaa wrote:

Oceans universally lack capability of exploding into ebbs and flows when anyone throws pebbles in it......

And that actually means...?

rajju077

AshB wrote:
rajju077 wrote:

Dipsite, nobody lacks anything. To ignore stupidities and to be patient enough to deal with such redundant queries is a damn tough job. Admins/Mods/Seniors members who do that, certainly have that extra strength rather than 'lacking' an 'attitude'. So don't belittle their efforts by your stray comments.

Attitude is something I have in plenty. Its just that if I choose to help somebody I have to be large hearted. Just mocking every other poster on his lack of knowledge or forum etiquettes isn't something that has made public forums the best way to share information. We have to also consider the fact that most of such people have never used forums before.

Rajju, I certainly want to echo your thoughts about such queries. I've felt like saying that for a long time. Its just that i couldn't find such a balanced way to put it, as you have.

I agree alot of people post something weird because they arent familiar with the forums. While some are. I like to believe that people who find their way to a particular forum and to a particular thread and post the same query, are the people who can actually navigate their way through forums and threads. A little more patience and hard work, would save their time and energy. Instead of waiting for someone to respond, they can read the earlier threads and infos and make use of the already available information. In case they dont understand, or have a nagging q, they are welcome to post as many posts as they want, untill they find the answer that satisfies them.

And i certainly dont wish to mock anyone, i have made my share of superfluous threads, and as predicated, its been 2 years and i still havent had a response to it. Gradually, it took me google, and rxpgonline and a little hardwork to let the info sink into me.

Siyaa

rajju077 wrote:
Siyaa wrote:

Oceans universally lack capability of exploding into ebbs and flows when anyone throws pebbles in it.

And that actually means...?

I guess i need rephrasing it...

In answer to dipsite 's dig on admin/mods' generosity all i wanted to say was
It is magnanimous to keep patience , tolerance , to be accomodating above the flaws of others... like .... an ocean is ,which never reacts to throws ; it executes its ebbs and flows in rhyme with its own nature ,own duty. It is upto ones eyes how does one see it ....one may call it inability to react to pebbles' throw, .........not using its potential forceful ebbs and flows to beat the assailant.... but it takes more strength to be generous(as Ash said).

AshB

[quote="rajju077"]
AshB wrote:
rajju077 wrote:

And i certainly dont wish to mock anyone, i have made my share of superfluous threads, and as predicated, its been 2 years and i still havent had a response to it. Gradually, it took me google, and rxpgonline and a little hardwork to let the info sink into me.

@Rajju: Don't get me wrong. I didn't say, YOU mocked anyone, it was a general comment. Rather I accept that many times i have wanted to express thoughts similar to your post but maybe I couldn't find a suitable way to do it. I appreciate the fact that you put it in such an appropriate manner. Accept my apologies if you felt offended in any manner.

@Dipsite: I do understand what you mean. I know you too have been trying to help a lot of people here, albeit in a different style. My only request to all is that on forums lets try to be non-controversial to maintain some sanity. If we can help somebody, we should try to do it without commenting on his her personal attributes or lack of knowledge. If we find someone's queries too elementary, we should give him one chance by simply directing him/her to the appropriate threads. If we can't, its better to let someone else do it. I created the thread "First Step to Step 1" precisely for this reason, though i couldn't update it regularly. icon_redface.gif

@Siyaa: As always, your words are deep and carry so much weight that it takes me (and even rajju on this occasion.. icon_wink.gif) a few minutes to fathom their meaning. LOL icon_biggrin.gif

dipsite
Aim USMLE Step 1

[QUOTE="AshB"]
rajju077 wrote:
AshB wrote:
rajju077 wrote:

@Rajju: Don't get me wrong. I didn't say, YOU mocked anyone, it was a general comment. Rather I accept that many times i have wanted to express thoughts similar to your post but maybe I couldn't find a suitable way to do it. I appreciate the fact that you put it in such an appropriate manner. Accept my apologies if you felt offended in any manner.

@Dipsite: I do understand what you mean. I know you too have been trying to help a lot of people here, albeit in a different style. My only request to all is that on forums lets try to be non-controversial to maintain some sanity. If we can help somebody, we should try to do it without commenting on his her personal attributes or lack of knowledge. If we find someone's queries too elementary, we should give him one chance by simply directing him/her to the appropriate threads. If we can't, its better to let someone else do it. I created the thread "First Step to Step 1" precisely for this reason, though i couldn't update it regularly. icon_redface.gif

@Siyaa: As always, your words are deep and carry so much weight that it takes me (and even rajju on this occasion.. icon_wink.gif) a few minutes to fathom their meaning. LOL icon_biggrin.gif
I reiterate :-
We are deviating from our discussion. Only pulling leg(s) and Joke(s) is allowed.

@AshB, @Siyaa, @rajju007

I have only one reply :-

No Comments !! Ignore !!

munnar
Aim NEET PG

hi i hav completed my mbbs n intrnship our clollege got recognition by mci recently. how should i know whather i,l b eligible to take usmle

AshB

munnar wrote:
hi i hav completed my mbbs n intrnship our clollege got recognition by mci recently. how should i know whather i,l b eligible to take <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/forum5.html">USMLE</a>

If your College is listed in IMED, you're eligible. Check out IMED here...
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!

dipsite
Aim USMLE Step 1

Quote:
hi i hav completed my mbbs n intrnship our clollege got recognition by mci recently. how should i know whather i,l b eligible to take USMLE

Go through above link.. You'll get to know.. Same thing happened with Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital .. It got rejection few months back...and its name was included in IMED..

Even Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College, Pune which was struggling for MCI Recognition somewhere in 2002-03 got its name included in IMED after MCI Recognition..Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College, Pune 's prospectus specifically states that "Our students are eligible to Take MLE"

he he !!

dipsite
Aim USMLE Step 1

I mistyped... Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital got recognition few months back..

dr_kanwar
Aim Canada

I wish to know how can i apply for clinical experience or observerships?is dere anyy site to deal wid dis mind boggling situation?

rajju077

usmletomd.com
am not advertising the site, but this site has the most info on the query you asked.

sid_21
Aim USMLE Step 1

i m appearing for my 2nd year exams in may 2008.i will complete my internship in jul/august 2011.will i b able to join in usa in 2011

sj
Aim USMLE Step 1

who has more chances of getting residency - one who passed st-1 in first attempt with score around 80/81 & the other who got failed in first attempt & then clear it in second attempt with score around 90/91 or above.please answer ash- b or anybody.

loret

how nuxh it cost this year?

shyamkumar_mmc345
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi i wanna know where to get dvds of kaplan in chennai

henry2006
Aim Canada

hey Rajju
where s my information????plz i need it give it soon

snowdrop
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi..Ash B, thanks for this thread,
within how many days after registring can give the exam at the earliest?
thanku

snowdrop
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi guys, icon_biggrin.gif icon_lol.gif m new to this rxpg,wow this s a great thread. AshB u ROCK bro icon_cool.gif .. tinkerbel frgilex,thanks a million dudes.its so infomative. GOD bless u all. icon_razz.gif icon_smile.gif
hey ASH jii , bare me for this icon_redface.gif , thanks for readin it, icon_eek.gif
hey plannin to join kap may 08, its a 2 1\2 months couse , so by july 20 th it ll be done, and one month revision , in sept i wanna fight my first battle n win. i didnt register yet in ecfmg, i ll better register and aply for the exam now else i may not get the my feasible dates in sept right? icon_question.gif ?
and aftr one brush up i wanna join in nbme for a month durin the revision , its ok right icon_exclaim.gif ?? plz correct if my schedule is overlappin or so. icon_idea.gif
thanks guys.. icon_wink.gif

kalpa

usmle
hi i am mbbs and hoping to join post graduation in preclinical subjects in assam. can you please tell me if i shall be requiring usmle if i aspire to join a teaching post in us medical schools in future ?

kalpa

usmle
hi i am mbbs and hoping to join post graduation in preclinical subjects in assam. can you please tell me if i shall be requiring usmle if i aspire to join a teaching post in us medical schools in future ?

Siyaa

kalpa wrote:
depends which preclinical subject it is.What r u doing PG in.

QCDOC

hi siyaa,

Could you please tell me if I take cs in oct 2009 will I be ready for 2009 match.... or I will be eligible only in 2010.... Confused whether to take it or not???? After cs how long it will take to get ECFMG certificate... ///

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

paeds_boss
Aim NEET PG

hi...am doing my pg in gen medicicne 1st year...i wanted to go abroad....wat r my options in us...anyone pls guide me....

MCQ Crammer (Beta)
Free New MCQ Revision Tool by RxPG
 Page 14 of 22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> beforeUSMLE -> General queries about USMLE

beforeUSMLE Community
RxPG community for 16 years
1,569 active members | 4,593 posts

Topic ID #55698
Started 14 years ago
104 community credits
391 contributors
1,095 posts | 461,474 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 80 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 0.618 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook