RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - General queries about USMLE  
 Page 15 of 22 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

aspire
Aim MRCP Part 1

how long are usmle scores valid.
is there a time line for all the steps

UNANSWERED: Anyone wants to buy my Uworld Subscription?

bluff
Aim NEET PG

presently i am preparin or aipe . i also wish to ive mle once probably in my p days . what i wish to enquire is apart from money what other problems are with mle like of visa etc . ihave searched the forums but couldnot really understand them . so plz reply here without tellin to check the forum . it will be very kind of u all. but plz reply really need advice. thanks in advance. ane more thin will it be worth to do kaplan notes for aipe. because i find them good.

dipsite
Aim USMLE Step 1

Quote:
so plz reply here without tellin to check the forum

I couldn't resist myself from answering this query. he he !!!!!

Visa issues, Scores, United States Clinical Experience, Publications, blah !!! blah !!! blah !!!

Quote:
ane more thin will it be worth to do kaplan notes for aipe. because i find them good.

Is it necessary to follow things which we find good even if they are not. Kaplan material will NOT suffice for AIPG.

Hope I have done justice to all your queries.

tinyrekhoo
Aim Andhra Pradesh PG

hi alllll.............i am a newbie to the world of USMLE.....its a bit difficult to go thru the thread completely to know things...so plz excuse my ignorance and plz lemme know abt usmle......i am in my 6th semester now......plz somebody tell me wat is the best time to appear for USMLE STEP 1....also wat time of the year r exams conducted????

bluff
Aim NEET PG

thanx dipsite. ur advice was great help

bluff
Aim NEET PG

but what was u tellin apart kaplan i could not get . or u meant i should check orums again

ankit_2k
Aim NEET PG

i am a mbbs student in 7th sem
done my 1st and 2nd year quite fairly.
now i have decided to opt fro usmle rather than aipge.
plz suggest when should i give my step 1 and step 2 and when do i have to apply for it.

archieee
Aim Maharashtra PG

hey hi !!!
im in 2nd mbbs my univ exams r due in nov...wanna appear for step1...haven started preparin...someone plz guide me as to how i shld go abt it..thanx

goss
Aim USMLE Step 1

notes
i want to get the kaplan notes tell me plz from where to get it

ankit_2k
Aim NEET PG

am a mbbs student in 7th sem
done my 1st and 2nd year quite fairly.
now i have decided to opt fro USMLE rather than AIPGE .
plz suggest when should i give my step 1 and step 2 and when do i have to apply for it.

leonidusthespartan
Aim USMLE Step 1

where do u stay. if in mumbai then get it from om sai xerox opposite KEM hosp.

kammoga
Aim Other

hi guys can u plz tell me whether there is special advantage for the students of usmle exam who r not residents of usa now ,but afterwards they will be residents , are they will get residency easily?

itsjusnobody
Aim USMLE Step 1

kammoga wrote:
hi guys can u plz tell me whether there is special advantage for the students of <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/forum5.html">USMLE</a>
exam who r not residents of usa now ,but afterwards they will be residents , are they will get residency easily?

that depends on your visa status as of now

kammoga
Aim Other

ok thanks, it means ,if somebody is giving exams with indian citizenship,he will be consider among others only ,no matter later he will be usa citizen.

itsjusnobody
Aim USMLE Step 1

thats right, unless you have a green card

nasha

please, I want to ask, if someone finish the usmle tests (all 1, 2) and CSA, if you graduated more than 3 years and applying for residency now in clinical, whats is the chance of being accepted???

nasha

what is the chance for being accepted for a residency program if you were graduated more than five years from the medical school, because I honestly heard that the chances to accept an IMG in residency these days is very little especially if they are old graduates, does anybody know anyone who has been accepted into residency and has been graduated more than three years ago???

kammoga
Aim Other

is graduation also includes internship or not?

nasha

no, internship after graduation.

kammoga
Aim Other

i think ,we may save 1 year by telling the fact that internship is must for graduation

nasha

the date of the final medical diploma will appear before the summary of your internship, you Cant do that!!!

kammoga
Aim Other

yes ,but if u r clinically active since ur graduation thn it does nt matter ,that u have a gap for 3-4 years.

slm_satish
Aim MS Othopaedics

Green card + usmle?
hai friends... is there any added advantage of being a green card holder and taking up usmle?

nasha

sure there is great advantage, because you will not need to apply for a visa to enter the us after finishing the tests.

nasha

Kamuga I hope what you said is right!!! Also I hope that hospitals stop thinking that old graduates may not be poductive to health care because if an old graduate has been spending his time in studying medicine and taking exams, then deinitely he will have more knowledge than the time of graduation, thats really strange, 30 years ago they used to look at the time you spent after graduation and the more you spent, the more you are prefered for the job because you have experience, while nowadays!!! Yachhh

nasha

they want you to be fresh as they say!!!

kammoga
Aim Other

ok. lets wait n watch ,wat happens............

megh7
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

plz help
Hi,can u help me on this....der r 2 new forms in NBME.Frorm 4 & 5.Are they more difficult than form 4?or should be preferably taken up since they r new forms.....plz help as soon as possible icon_confused.gif

Doc_Dex
Aim NIMHANS

please help me
Hello Doctor,
I am literally confused. It has been 2 months since i have finished MBBS internship. I always wanted to takeup nonclinical science and pursue research as my career. But everybody in my family wants me to write USMLE. Is it possible to takeup research through USMLE? One of my family member is in US doing MD family medicine, he went thro USMLE last year.
And I recently found out about MMST. It is attracting me verymuch. Can anyone please tell me which one should i go after? What are the points to and against USMLE or a course like MMST?

Sanjay icon_sad.gif

tutyfruity

Hi AshB..
I really need some help..
Can u please tell me if Kaplan coaching is worth it for USMLE??
I am an intern now.. I wan to konw how many hours n for how many months do I have to prepare for MLE to get a 99 in MLE.
Waiting for your reply
Thanks

wizdoc
Aim NEET PG

i want to know that while filling step 1 iwa application is it compulsory to fill details of clinincal clerkship?... as i m applying as a graduate.

please help.. sum of my friends told me its not necessary as anyways i will be sending my transcripts... but i dont want to take chances as they had applied as a student

coz i dont have my transcripts ready yet.. and not sure about the changes i will have to make.

sarjnasinha

hiiii
hiii
i am sarjna from mumbai..doing mbbs from grant medical college , jj hospital, mumbai..
could you please tell me.. what are the standard books one should refer to while preparing for usmle step 1?
for all the subjects...
anatomy
biochemistry
physiology
pathology
pharmac
microbiology
genetics
embryology
histology
radiology

is kaplan necessary to get htru step 1 with a complete 99 percentile?

rishi_gautm999
Aim NIMHANS

plz plz tell me abt USMLE, WHTS BOOKS, WHICH SITES, WHERE AND HOW TO APPEAR, EVERYTHING COZ THE TIME IS RUNNING OUT.

bukun
Aim IELTS

please tell me that the advance age is any positive or negative factors for USMLE and residency or any age bar for USMLE when I am M.D. (pediatrics) and achive all india post graduate entrance examination three times (every time ranks are within 800) but out of touch of competitive exam last five years . I am graduated in 1997 and have few publication in index and non index journal and organizer of CME.
as I am working now please tell hw much time in hour req to complete kaplan course for step 1

rockyboy2006
Aim PLAB Part 1

iam really confused friends if i should give usmle or plab iam preparing for plab at the moment but when i open rxpg then i mis lead so plz give agood advice

kammoga
Aim Other

i think , nobody bother to give answer to any query, every body has his own questions

bukun
Aim IELTS

no persentile system In USMLE at present
hi
sarjnasinha
at present there is no percentile system. they give the two digit or therre digit number depend on ur performance. till now no negative marking

i am also interesteted to konw that kaplan can provide highest posible mark or i have to read the std text book

hav nice time

bukun

kammoga
Aim Other

kaplan is best for the prepration, as it focus only on required material in usmle, and kaplan has years of experience in this field , so have many reasons to beleive kaplan.

bukun
Aim IELTS

thanks kammoga foranswering
hopefully god will show right way every body.

how do I get fellowship in before completing MLE ; i mean what are procedure ... what are the site i shall get the material for above purpose

rockandy9
Aim NEET PG 2012

USMLE
hey guys.. m presently studyin in III/I in mumbai.. after all d hullaballoo abt wats gonna happn 2 ma future, i really need help.. well i hav a strong conviction dat pg in US is my callin...but..
Assuming i complete my internship in Feb 2011, i'll hafta serve rural internship for 1 year. dat means i'll b havin my MBBS degree in feb 2012.
So now guys i really need ur help... i read all the threads here pertainin 2 USMLE..i still got a few queries..
1. I come from a simple Mid-middle class family.. n aspire 2 study in US. hw much Will it cost Step by Step??
2. wid all d details i'v givn...will it b wise 2 start preparin for step 1 durin internship(hospital) or durin rural tenure?? in short? wats d near-ideal time 2 hav a go?

bukun
Aim IELTS

hopefully god will show right way every body

dipsite
Aim USMLE Step 1

Quote:
hey guys.. m presently studyin in III/I in mumbai.. after all d hullaballoo abt wats gonna happn 2 ma future, i really need help.. well i hav a strong conviction dat pg in US is my callin...but..
Assuming i complete my internship in Feb 2011, i'll hafta serve rural internship for 1 year. dat means i'll b havin my MBBS degree in feb 2012.
So now guys i really need ur help... i read all the threads here pertainin 2 USMLE ..i still got a few queries..
1. I come from a simple Mid-middle class family.. n aspire 2 study in US. hw much Will it cost Step by Step??
2. wid all d details i'v givn...will it b wise 2 start preparin for step 1 durin internship(hospital) or durin rural tenure?? in short? wats d near-ideal time 2 hav a go?

@rockandy9

I'll take up your query dude because your story seems very much familiar to mine. I used to think a lot when I entered Third (I) year of my Medical School. Regarding your assumptions (apprehensions) that you will receive your degree in 2012 (because of that one-year rural posting stuff), I would say give a pause to this useless thinking. Regarding your plans of studying in US, I appreciate that but my dear friend USMLE is getting tough every year and future of USMLE for IMGs is questionable (I am not an astrologer though).

We all know what happens in our Government Medical Schools in India (RxPG Team may not like my comments but I don't care).

Regarding your middle-class family stuff even I hail from Middle class but this is not an expenditure rather an investment.

Taking your query regarding time to start preparing for STEP 1, I would say just wait and watch..After taking your Fourth year exams you will have 15-20 days to think about your future plans...so decide about which way to go during that period.. At this point of time I would advice you to concentrate on your studies and enjoy life.. This period once gone won't come back..

I hope I have done justice to your queries !!

rockandy9
Aim NEET PG 2012

Thanx
Hey Dipsite, thnx soooo much for ur genuine reply... actually i was forced 2 think abt my future plans at dis point of time cuz of d huge uncertainty here, esp in maharashtra... thot of evrythin frm mhcet to aipg to evn management..
neway, wud like 2 kno wat u doin nw in ur career... hope 2 keep in touch icon_lol.gif

Cricketer
Aim USMLE Step 1

Re: Thanx
rockandy9 wrote:
Hey Dipsite, thnx soooo much for ur genuine reply... actually i was forced 2 think abt my future plans at dis point of time cuz of d huge uncertainty here, esp in <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/forum55.html">Maharashtra</a>
... thot of evrythin frm mhcet to aipg to evn management..
neway, wud like 2 kno wat u doin nw in ur career... hope 2 keep in touch icon_lol.gif

I agree with dipsite's advice to concentrate on studies and fundamental concepts at this point. Gain as much knowledge as you can and have as much fun as you can. Decision, in your case, can be taken later when the right time comes. Since you believe in your conviction, you will certainly get what you'd aim for.

dipsite
Aim USMLE Step 1

Quote:
actually i was forced 2 think abt my future plans at dis point of time cuz of d huge uncertainty here, esp in Maharashtra ... thot of evrythin frm mhcet to aipg to evn management..

Even I graduated from a Government Medical College of Maharashtra and I'm very much aware of what is going on in my state (including the recent drama in May'08 about reduction in PG states across the state).

After my one month of stay in US, I have realized that USMLE is not a good option either, Residency has become competitive and there are some other issues too which hopefully you will realize sooner than later..

Management courses will definitely gain currency in coming times among Indian Medical Graduates with Ministry of Health & Family Welfare planning to implement one-year rural posting stuff for All India PG aspirants.

That is why I said my dear friend just enjoy life, study and take problems as they come, don't think about it now...

usmle_step_by_step
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi everyone!
regarding registration part of usmle step1 doesone has to send form 186 along with other documents from the office of the medical college as it is mentioned in the ECFMG information booklet 2009

"If your Form 186 is certifi ed by an offi cial of your medical school, the original, signed Form 186 must be
sent to ECFMG from the offi ce of the medical school offi cial who certifi es the form. ECFMG must be
able to determine that the form was sent directly from the offi ce of this offi cial. If ECFMG, in its judgment,
determines that the form may not have been sent directly from the offi ce of the medical school offi cial who
certifi ed the form, the form will not be accepted"

i expect those who have already gone through it will certainly help me.
thanx

rockandy9
Aim NEET PG 2012

hey dipite... wat "other issues" r u referrin 2? kindly lemme kno. wat r d genuine difficulties one has 2 face after step 1?

rockandy9
Aim NEET PG 2012

help...
hey guys.... after goin thru all d mle related forums... cud sum1 temme wat do dese mean????
1. ELECTIVE
2. OBSERVERSHIP
3. USCE..
plz help out guys!

rockandy9
Aim NEET PG 2012

is nobody active in this thread anymore?

medico_mahesh
Aim USMLE Step 1

usce united states clinical experience..

usce= clerkships/observership/extensorship

final mbbs / no hands on/ hands on exp

MCQ Crammer (Beta)
Free New MCQ Revision Tool by RxPG
 Page 15 of 22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> beforeUSMLE -> General queries about USMLE

beforeUSMLE Community
RxPG community for 16 years
1,565 active members | 4,588 posts

Topic ID #55698
Started 13 years ago
104 community credits
391 contributors
1,095 posts | 424,104 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 94 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 1.807 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook