RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - General queries about USMLE  
 Page 16 of 22 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

medico_mahesh
Aim USMLE Step 1

electives means anyone of them

UNANSWERED: Anyone wants to buy my Uworld Subscription?

rockandy9
Aim NEET PG 2012

thnx mahesh....! owe u 1!

rockymountain01
Aim USMLE Step 1

helllpp...................
i want to know whether my uk experience in clerkship will be recognised in usa?

drfuzz
Aim MD

documents required
hi. im planning to appear for step 1 in jan2009. i want to know what certificates do i require from my college. im applying as a graduate.

i requested the college for:
>clerkships= indicating how many weeks was i posted in different clinical disciplines during studentship.
>transcript= indicating how many hours of classes were taken durig mbbs.
>name expansion certificate

is there anything else i need for applying for step 1?

pls help

crammingrich
Aim NEET PG

anyone with the correct answers of NBME 5 and 6.i took them offline,but with no solutions,my doubts are heaping up.

Uttiya
Aim GRE

I am in my 3rd year going to take my 2nd Professional MBBS in JAnuary.I want to take the USMLE step 1 in 2009.Can anyone suggest whether it is the right time to take the exam?If yes,then when should I apply for it?

binu2002
Aim NZREX

could u please tell me if there is no access to internet then whats the best way to do the questions for USMLE step 1.please i am in dire need of an answer.

chewingum
Aim USMLE Step 1

Uttiya yess you can take the exam as so have done the basics which are what you need to study for the exam.

binnu2002 i would suggest you buy the kaplan books and read from there and do questions and they also have Qbook you can practise questions and see if you can get photocopies made for questions like UW and NBME then do do them as mostly everything is on net these days.Try this then see if it works.

doc_wasim18
Aim USMLE Step 1

how much is the duration of master of surgery in u.s.a & u.k plz help

rafia

well i am a newbie...plzzz help me ...i am plann to give step 1 in sept or oct.....guide me ..how to plan my time n divide it....??

mand
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi

i am sushanth from jssmc, mysore, karnataka.
am planning to prepare for usmle, but want to know how sure i can be of getting a residency in the present scenario.
i know its very early to ask this question but couldn't come out of this.

please do reply.

madhanstan
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

hi..
i'm going to start my preparationfrom feb.. planning to take my step1 in november.. in the mean time i need all you to guide.. i dont have a proper guide till now.. my parents are not doctors.. with lot of discussion i have finally decided to do usmle.. i want to know all details from now on.. all do and don'ts of usmle.. i have 10 months to prepare..im doing my intern..should i do any projects on any topic for usmle.. i heard one of my seniors did like that.

suman_paul
Aim DM Pulomnary Medicine

hello docs,
Can anyone tell me what are the chances of getting into gyneacology and obstetrics residency?Is it too competitive?

harsha_prashanth
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi im sure about my prep. can u suggest d official work to b done for step 1 from starting

plkashyap

hi, i am about to finish my internship here in India in about 10 to 15 days' time. does anyone know clearly abiut clerkships? can i do them after passing out from internship or do i need to take an extension?

gorgeous

im new to the whole usmle thing...ive got a few queries

1) how does one finance the steps if the resources are limited??

2)does on need coaching?? do the institutes keep you on track in terms of time and material??

that's all for now..thanks

panashm
Aim USMLE Step 1

gorgeous
hi gorgeous as for as coaching s conserned u can join kaplan it depends on ur condition i can tell u one thing kaplan will help u definitely. the prob is only the amount of money we spend for coaching but it s worth as they provide online mock test from the kaplan centre in usa. if u can get kaplan notes and video tapes u can prepare in ur home only i know many people who has got 99 in all steps without coaching u will definetely save the money. now its up to u to decide about coaching . the only thing is the amount of money. if u can then it s worth of joining coaching

institute definitely helps in tracking updates, mock test , resideccy and other usefull information.

about finance if ur on mbbs level u have to take from ur parents only. or don take any loan it is risky. get a pg seat or good job. gather money then u can plan for mle after few years later but don try to take a loan.

gorgeous

hey panashm

thanks for your quick reply man...saved me from anxiety filled moments...why do you say not to take a loan???the amount is huge for this mle thing!!! icon_cry.gif and even though money is not a issue right now, it will be later...but i have seen my friends do this mle thing and their financial situation is also humble...how do they do it???

wouldn't doing an indian pg be a waste of time??it doesn't count there... or should i work as a JR to gather funds and experience???i finished intern in 2007...didn't clear the AIPGMEE and now am reflecting...and feeling confused cos i don't wanna waste time and money....help again!

gorgeous

@panashm

hey man, thanks for replying so quickly....why do you oppose the idea for a loan and what should these letters of recommendations talk about?? where can i get a prototype or something...am still undecided about this mle thing....i need to decide fast though! icon_sad.gif

panashm
Aim USMLE Step 1

TO GORGEOUS
i said not to take loan as ur spending money on mle in lacs and in case if any of the problem occurs while getting visa or residency u will land in trouble. so my advice don take a loan but be sure prepare well have confident u will get a residecy sure try to adjust money of ur own or parents. if u have time take any pg or do jr job in north india u will get 40k per month work for few years. but keep in mind all these work and self money and mle its challenging but its not impossible. after the best way of going us is take help of ur parents or gaurdian for finance and read exclusive for mle and then ur chances of getting into it is high and also u will save time. so all the best take a day or 2 time to decide and select a best way u will be succesfull . all the best

vlbedoc
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

hey gorgeous..

abt the finances-

the only one i know of is Kaplan offers a loan - of course you have to register for their course... the loan covers their course and i believe you could get additional funds... how much? - i am not sure... not sure if you have to be an american citizen to qualify... no harm in calling to find out!

gorgeous

can anyone tell me please-

what should be included in the LORS???

if we work in a hospital here, does it help get residency there or does it simply count as work experience???

margret
Aim AIPGE 2011

doubts regarding documents
AshB wrote:
U can take Step 1 anytime after completing 2 years at medical school, that means effectively after 2nd MBBS u can take step 1. Step 2 can be taken during or after internship.

hi
im 4th yr student. i registered for step1 for oct09 slot...cn u tell me wht all documents should i send 2 ECFMG to complete my registration.Form 183(Identification form),form 344(credentials submission form),Form 187(application submission form),a passport pic & my basic science credentials issued by ma college.is there any thng else ???should i write my Usmle ID no in ma mark list issued by college

bristi
Aim USMLE Step 3

Hi all!!
I am new in this forum.I have some ques regardng usmle 1.Plz help me..
1.How many times per year the exam offered.
2.Which book should iI follow.Actually I just give my mccee exam this month.I heard about Kaplan,First aid,Goljan,Bse and many more..I allready spend so much money for mccee.
If anybody could guide me,it would be great help for me.
Thanx in advance.

drsrivastava
Aim FRCOphth

Hi guys ! I've a doubt. I got a rank in all india pg this year. I want to take seat and prepare for mle. Please suggest me which branch is better choose i mean md patho ,d.A ,d.C.H,ms ent. I have only these options . I want to join a college for back up and money problems. Can anyone tell me doing some course in india will be beneficial for mle or not. Guys please do reply coz i have to choose seat accordingly. Thanks in advance

bristi
Aim USMLE Step 3

Hey Guys!!
Nobody here who can guide me?Thank you all members of this forum.

pegasusdoc
Aim NONE

payment to usmle?
I wanted to know if any one knows how to pay for applying usmle without a credit card.I am finding difficulty in gettig a credit card for myself.credit cards for students are not available in my country

undividedindia
Aim USMLE Step 1

ONE QUESTION: I HAVE JUST ENTERED INTO MAMC THROUGH CBSE.AND I WANT TO GET INTO NEUROSURGERY THROUGH USMLE,WHICH I KNOW IS TOUGH.................................CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO?I WANT TO BGIN USMLE PREP RIGHT NOW IN JUNE,,IS THERE ANY COUNSELLOR I NEED TO GO TO?PLEASE HELP,PLEASE HELP

bluff
Aim NEET PG

hello, i am doing md aneasthesia , want to fight mle and opt for surgery there. can anyone guide why they dont allow us in surgical fields. and if i dont get surgery then can i opt for medicine or have to clear it again

saneinsane
Aim NEET PG

Dear ASHB,
many thanks to you for starting this forum.....

Dear Friends,

kindly reply to my QUERY...

CAN an INDIAN GRADUATE practice in INDIA after doing POSTGRADUATION from USA??

Does MCI allows him to practice SURGICAL branches?? or does it allows only the MEDICINAL BRANCHES and RESTIRCTS the SURGICAL ones?? or it RESTRICTS ALL???

what is the CURRENT RECOGNITION STATUS by the MCI in such cases?? and what are the expected future trends in the upcoming 5 years???

You are requested to reply with authentic information...

-Dr.JRD.

mango111

Hi I have a question to all people who have done their application. Please reply urgently.

My medical college issued me a transcript, which I have to submit to ERAS in original for scanning.
Now ECFMG is asking my college for a transcript. My college says that they can only send them an attested xerox copy of the original. (Since a copy of the original is with them in the records)
Is this OK? Will ECFMG accept an attested xerox of the Transcript?

Please reply urgently.

raasisree
Aim USMLE Step 1

Application to step-1 : Not aware to mention Clinical clerks
Hi,
I have submitted my application recently and its being processed,
I saw in one of the faq"s that our clinical clerkships to be mentioned in Item 20,should be right from 2nd year onwards....But I was not aware of this and I mentioned only those which we covered in Internship.
Please suggest me what I should do now.?
(Anyway I will be submitting all the transcripts related to it.) Still its disturbing a lot during my preperation for the exam.

Please answer.Thanks in advance.
Raasisree.

gkgenius

My college was initially enrolled in gujarat univ(including my batch). It was then granted a deemed univ status. In ecfmg uptill last month our college was listed in gujarat university. now it is listed as a deemed univ. But i will get my degree from gujarat univ. could this be a problem? what do I do?

parvathirao

anyone needs step one k/a/p/l/a/n books??? scrap me...take care and good luck

diya_26
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi everybody,

kindly reply my query,

can an indian graduate work in usa after his post graduation from india in medical branch,having usmle scores and bypassing the residency programs.....

itsjusnobody
Aim USMLE Step 1

Hello diya_26,

You have to undergo training in a residency program before you can start practicing as a doctor, since thats how you obtain an MD: which is the reconized degree for a practicing doc

If you are implying work as a non-doctor then it depends on your visa status. H-1Bs are needed that allow you to get a social security no.

diya_26
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi, thank you itsjusnobody.

akarhythm
Aim NONE

after US residency u dont get MD degree u get board certificate (BC/BE) in ur speciality . is this true ???is it equivalent of MD there (inUSA)??
and is this recognized in INDIA (MCI) and medical council of other countries ???

pakmate
Aim MRCP Part 1

hello
i am new to this forum i hav sum question to ask

i get graduated in 2010.n thn comleted my internship 2011

i am planning for postgraduation and little confuse shall i go for steps or steps..
because sum of my frnd give steps n didnt get residency ..even sum of my seniors too..

i want to practise medicine..currenntly i am in suadia arabia

can u guide me wht things should i consider to decide steps..coz it is also expensive n time taking..n wht i guess it will take 2 yrs to get throug step 1 and 2..

previously i feel nt to go wth steps coz i heard from ppl for tht i hav to study 10 hurs a day for 8 months for step 1..n it is difficult..the fear of low score make me away from steps..bt now i heard there are again 20000 residency open for drs

wht should i plan for me?
can u help in this regard ..

thanku in advance

mini_med

HI.

What are the chances of gettin Surgery and only Surgery residency in USA for a person who has done his MS Surg in India? Is any research needed before that? Do we need influence for research too?? What about the scores?? I heard its impossible to get Surgery there even if a person has already done MS Surgery in India, is that true? Plz help

mini_med

I have a doubt and i need help/ I finished my internship in 2010. Wasted two years prep for indian entrance. but now i wanna go to usa.i always wanted to, but for some reason, had decided on stayin in india itself. How do i start preparing for mle?. im so clueless.plz help

and what are the chances of gettin a research or externship? I need OBGY residency. Is it possible to get it? What would be the requirements for that?
Plz help me with info. I have not much idea how to go about things. im startin from scratch.
thanks

One of my friend finished internship in 2008. He will be finishing MS surgery in india in 2012 april. If he starts writin the steps, will he get a match? i mean, is he considered old grad? is the MS surgery from india taken as experience? Is it even possible to get surgery residency there/ PLz help with this too

plabber_2012
Aim USMLE Step 1

hello i hv u juz done my mbbs and need to take the usmle exam as soon as possible - unfortunately i m nill at the info - desperate help is required icon_sad.gif( regarding how to find date for the exam and what books and notes etc i need for the preparation of mle part 1 - plz help !!!

mleresidencytips

mini_med wrote:
I have a doubt and i need help/ I finished my internship in 2010. Wasted two years prep for indian entrance. but now i wanna go to usa.i always wanted to, but for some reason, had decided on stayin in india itself. How do i start preparing for mle?. im so clueless.plz help

and what are the chances of gettin a research or externship? I need OBGY residency. Is it possible to get it? What would be the requirements for that?
Plz help me with info. I have not much idea how to go about things. im startin from scratch.
thanks

One of my friend finished internship in 2008. He will be finishing MS surgery in india in 2012 april. If he starts writin the steps, will he get a match? i mean, is he considered old grad? is the MS surgery from india taken as experience? Is it even possible to get surgery residency there/ PLz help with this too

you should write to Obgyn programs and ask to see if they will allow an observer or a shadowing physician. if you take a year to get done with step 1/2ck and cs it will take from 5 months to a year. you can apply at the earliest for sept 2012 cycle. MS from India is considered as experience but wont be equal to or better than US clinical experience. It is possible to get surgery in US General surgery is a viable option. Urology, ortho, ent, ophtho etc are almost impossible to get for IMG

drmaddycool
Aim JIPMER

hi, i completed my undergraduate from russia and passed the mci clearing test and did internship from a respectable govt hospital. i am preparing for step 1 now. i need to know about the application process, do i have to get sign from the dean of the institution where i studied even if i have completed a year ago. please reply!!

mleresidencytips

drmaddycool wrote:
hi, i completed my undergraduate from russia and passed the mci clearing test and did internship from a respectable govt hospital. i am preparing for step 1 now. i need to know about the application process, do i have to get sign from the dean of the institution where i studied even if i have completed a year ago. please reply!!
Are you asking if you need to have a letter from the dean for application for USMLE? You will need a deans letter from your medical institution. The details of the application process are on ECFMG.org

h27

hi i hv completed d ortho wat r d chances of me getting surgery n ortho der....pls guide wat score i need to get ll dis experience matters....its urgent pls

mleresidencytips

h27 wrote:
hi i hv completed d ortho wat r d chances of me getting surgery n ortho der....pls guide wat score i need to get ll dis experience matters....its urgent pls
hello according to NRMP publication, only 0.59% of foreign graduates got into ortho from a total of 700 or so applicants. Ortho is very tough in the US as it is a favorite of US medical graduates. The average scores of those non US grads who got in were 230 in step 1 and 232 in step 2 respectively. even with this experience getting a residency is tough. you can try for a fellowship without residency.
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!
. Hope this helps. good luck

apparichitudu
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi, can u please explain me what is PGY-1 AND PGY-2 , i just saw radiology 2012 match data and found there were more positions offered in PGY-2 than in PGY-1. what is the difference between them and their applying process...thank you icon_smile.gif

embolus
Aim USMLE Step 3

Post graduate year 1 and 2 was what i think..

mleresidencytips

apparichitudu wrote:
hi, can u please explain me what is PGY-1 AND PGY-2 , i just saw radiology 2012 match data and found there were more positions offered in PGY-2 than in PGY-1. what is the difference between them and their applying process...thank you icon_smile.gif

PGY1 is post graduate year 1 = intern
PGY2 to PGY3/4 = resident (junior to senior)

MCQ Crammer (Beta)
Free New MCQ Revision Tool by RxPG
 Page 16 of 22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> beforeUSMLE -> General queries about USMLE

beforeUSMLE Community
RxPG community for 16 years
1,565 active members | 4,588 posts

Topic ID #55698
Started 13 years ago
104 community credits
391 contributors
1,095 posts | 424,093 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 175 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 1.787 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook