RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - Books for III MBBS  
 Page 2 of 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

rhiannon
Aim NEET PG

orthopaed book......my fav is Ebnezar......its based on APleys....taht combined with clinical discussion is best!!!

but everyone follows Maheswari........( it totally puts me off ....no offence meant)

Then Natarajan is good.....many colleges follow that book

UNANSWERED: Topics division/frequency in final mbbs question papers?

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

so im taking ebnezar then...

rhiannon
Aim NEET PG

heyyy always read a book b4 buying it.....dont rely too much on what others have to say.....make sure you'll read it before you buy it....

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

but ortho is ur favourite....
so, watever u say will be right

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

hey rp,
from today im going to prepare for the exam...
i have not touched ent,opthal ,psm from last 4 months(but i have finished reading the whole thing once)so now the revision starts.......i was busy in med,surg n gynae...
now as exams r near so i want ur help n tips.

drsaina

what would be the result of performing double screening ELISA test?for sensitivity and predictive value?

rhiannon
Aim NEET PG

kool....asking me for tips is like asking a blind guy to show the way..... uhh i dont like psm and i cant imagine reading the whole book.....ENT..... i guess u must b knowing it......anatomy is first and foremost....especially for viva...and then heyyy dont forget to read back of dhingra in the last min.....ok last 1/2 hr....

OPHTHAL.....khurana...the revision points in the last few pages are useful.... i like parsons better.....but tthen if u combine both even better....arrey i dunno what much to say.....yeahhh in clinical exam make sure u do every silly thing rite.....like my friend placed bull's lamp on the wrong side.....never do that even if u're nervous coz first thats the first impression that the examiner gets of you....

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

answer
drsaina wrote:
what would be the result of performing double screening ELISA test?for sensitivity and predictive value?

increased specifity and positive predictive value.

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

quote="rhiannon"]

OPHTHAL.....khurana...the revision points in the last few pages are useful.... i like parsons better.....but tthen if u combine both even better....arrey i dunno what much to say.....yeahhh in clinical exam make sure u do every silly thing rite.....like my friend placed [bleep]'s lamp on the wrong side.....never do that even if u're nervous coz first thats the first impression that the examiner gets of you....[/quote]

hi rp
Thats right but we often do a mistake in our nervousness although we know the answer....hey whats this bleep's lamp....?do u mean bull's eye lamp....?
heyy there r so many instruments both in ent and opthal..it makes me sick when i cant recognise their name.....i have read the whole park every single line but i dont think i remember any line of them...i dont like writting answers of psm..i just enjoy solving the objectives.....hey tell me about ur result..when they r out...when ur classes r going to start.
becoz u have given the exam u know more than me so u have to share the tips,the do's and dont's so that i have a good revision..hey tell how to revise the dhingra....

neodoc

bleep is b u l l ..
censord in the msg..

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

neodoc wrote:
bleep is b u l l ..
censord in the msg..

ya thats true..i knew it..but i guess why they censor it...its not the share market b u l l.

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

hello rp
can u help
im missing my clinical postings,r u sure i will make it up with the books like pj mehta,algappan n hutchinson...
im not taking the clinical postings seriously this year..its my third in medicine..and the last two i attended seriously.i dont find it productive..
i may not be correct..but after attending the whole month...i get handful of good things...that too i forget sometime..taking history is good but history without knowing nothing is useless..
i have read all the clinical examination twice but everytime its become new to me...
without reading the theory its hard to make up at the clinics..its all like..
wat the mind doesnot know,the eyes cant see.."

partha22
Aim Other

CAN U TELLMEWOTTOPICSRGOODINLOGANINENT

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

partha22 wrote:
CAN U TELLMEWOTTOPICSRGOODINLOGANINENT

Dhingra is sufficient.but if u still want to read logan then go for the imp topics like ds of middle ear,csom,its complication,tracheostomy,tumors etc.u can find the syndromes there which r not given in dhingra.

rhiannon
Aim NEET PG

i dont have mehta....or kundu...or any such books....just hutchison....yeah thats one gr8 book... many like macleods....just read it from the library......like if u get the book alll to urself....u may not read every point in it.....but if u go n check out stuff casually it somehow gets imprinted....i dunno....thats how it works with me.....

but rite now....like what u learn in clinics...i dont thing any book an make up for that....plus u remember what u c better than what u read.....

any ways to get growth n development in paed into my head???

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

thats true wat we see is better than anything....i was skipping just for the exams...i have hutchinson from the very beginning... mehta ,algappan add to it.

growth and development.....it is easy ..u only have to remember the figures..but u r right there r lot of facts to remeber in it...if u have meherban singh u will find all the milestones there...
i learnt all the milestones in the peadia posting but now everything is washed off...
r u reading ghai?

ok lets start from the weight....(i know u can get this from book but if u sterss it one by one its effective)
average at birth-3kg
5months -6 (2 times)
1year -9 (3 times)
2year -12 (4 times)
3year -15 (5 times)
5year -18 (6 times)
7year -21 (7 times)
10year -30 (10 times)

its like a table...
i think the only brave thing to memorise is the milestone...well if u constantly discuss it u can get it in ur mind.so..where u r finding the problem.

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

wats the dd of pre auricular swelling?

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

mistake....post auricular swelling.

rhiannon
Aim NEET PG

MASTOIDITIS
LYMPHADENITIS(measles, rubella,cmv,TB,mumps,west nile fever etc etc )
SUBPERIOSTEAL ABSCESS
LYMPHOMA
1st BRANCHIAL CLEFT
SCHWANNOMA

what else>???

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

parotid tumour
Eosinophilic granuloma of the temporal bone

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

hey,ossicles attain adult size by
a.13th wwek
b.15th week
c.17th week
d.19th week
e.20th week

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

one more,the earliest age for doing tunning fork test was given >4 years..the reason..?(the other options were >3,>8,>14 years)

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

hey rp,
anything to remember the causes of unilateral and bilateral hearing loss..the table is long..

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

and in page 214,the causes of unilateral and bilateral nasal obstruction,the list is long...how to remember it..

rhiannon
Aim NEET PG

no idea....

try making some interesting story.....like family history for the cong causesof hearing loss...
obstructions....most u/l condition are repeated as bilateral ........try to remem the commom ones first....the rare ones.....leave them for the last min....

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

yae....

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

heyy rp do u know
gustave killian-father of bronchoscopy
chevalier jackson-father of endoscopy
william f.house-father of neuro-otology

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

George von Bekesy was awarded Nobel prize for physiology of middle ear and inner ear in 1961.

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

DW Kennedy in 1985 coined the term FESS(functional endoscopic sinus surgery)

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

Hermann Schwartze--Described cortical mastoidectomy
Emanuel Zaufal--Described radical mastoidectomy

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

heyy rp wats the pattern of the question paper.

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

where r u.....still celebrating.........

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

devajyoti

hey roshan n rhia .

this is devajyoti 7th sem kmc manipal. exams starting dec 1. recently joined. your discussions are interesting. can i join u peole.

have interesting ways of remembering causes of hearing loss n nasal obstruction. will post it soon

devajyoti

ENT CAUSES OF NOSE BLOCK-- REALLY EASY
icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif THE CAUSES OF U/L NOSE BLOCK icon_exclaim.gif icon_exclaim.gif

remember icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif MNEMONIC: Vice Chancellor Found Some Really New Diseases (VCFSRND)

V vestible-- furuncle,cyt, ca.--papiilloma, sq cell
C concha bullosa
F F.b.(foreign body)
S Synaechia, Septal polyp
R Rhiinolith
N Neoplasm of Nose amg paraNasal sinuses
D Diseases....granulomatous like tb,leprosy, syphilis

icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif THE CAUSES OF B/L NOSE BLOCK icon_exclaim.gif icon_exclaim.gif

remember icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif MNEMONIC :Rashtriya Sevasang Ltd.( R S L)

R Rhinitis... all the types...... acut, chr, atrophic,allergic, vasomotor, medicamentosa. sicca.

S Septal problems( EXCEPT POLYP--U/L)----henmatoma,abscess

L Large mass blocking nasopharynx--- adenoids, tumor(juvenile angiofibroma) , cyst(thornrwald's)

icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif THE REST CAN CAUSE BOTH U/L AND B/L NOSE BLOCK:

VESTIBULAR stenosis, atresia,vestibulitis
CHOANAL atresia
DNS, HYPERTROPHIC TURBINATES
SINUSITIS
POLYP

These not very imp EXCEPT FOR 3 IMP THINGS:

1.DNS WITH OR WITHOUT HYPERTROPHIC TURB.- most common cause
2. the ATRESIAS are CONGENITAL CAUSES.
3.last but not the least(moost imp): POLYPS----

U/L block(1 nare): by ANTROCHOANAL POLYP( icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif MNEMONIC:-- A1)
B/L block : by BOTH: mostly ETHMOIDAL POLYP but also antrochoanal polyp when it extends to the nasopharynx.( icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif MNEMONIC:--BBB--B/l By Both)

hope yhis will make your work easy

devajyoti

ENT CAUSES OF NOSE BLOCK-- REALLY EASY
icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif THE CAUSES OF U/L NOSE BLOCK icon_exclaim.gif icon_exclaim.gif

remember icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif MNEMONIC: Vice Chancellor Found Some Really New Diseases (VCFSRND)

V vestible-- furuncle,cyt, ca.--papiilloma, sq cell
C concha bullosa
F F.b.(foreign body)
S Synaechia, Septal polyp
R Rhiinolith
N Neoplasm of Nose amg paraNasal sinuses
D Diseases....granulomatous like tb,leprosy, syphilis

icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif THE CAUSES OF B/L NOSE BLOCK icon_exclaim.gif icon_exclaim.gif

remember icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif MNEMONIC :Rashtriya Sevasang Ltd.( R S L)

R Rhinitis... all the types...... acut, chr, atrophic,allergic, vasomotor, medicamentosa. sicca.

S Septal problems( EXCEPT POLYP--U/L)----henmatoma,abscess

L Large mass blocking nasopharynx--- adenoids, tumor(juvenile angiofibroma) , cyst(thornrwald's)

icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif THE REST CAN CAUSE BOTH U/L AND B/L NOSE BLOCK:

VESTIBULAR stenosis, atresia,vestibulitis
CHOANAL atresia
DNS, HYPERTROPHIC TURBINATES
SINUSITIS
POLYP

These not very imp EXCEPT FOR 3 IMP THINGS:

1.DNS WITH OR WITHOUT HYPERTROPHIC TURB.- most common cause
2. the ATRESIAS are CONGENITAL CAUSES.
3.last but not the least(moost imp): POLYPS----

U/L block(1 nare): by ANTROCHOANAL POLYP( icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif MNEMONIC:-- A1)
B/L block : by BOTH: mostly ETHMOIDAL POLYP but also antrochoanal polyp when it extends to the nasopharynx.( icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif MNEMONIC:--BBB--B/l By Both)

hope this will make your work easy

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

hi dev....welcome yaar...

u r great...nice mnemonics....i needed it...

my exams r on december 20.
and the PU is starting from nov 13...

so how is life at manipal...and howz ur studies going on...

u will be a nice study partner...as our exams are in the same month..
icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

devajyoti

7th sem
went through most of ur posts. no doubt u r greater yaar. surely we will be good partners icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

so what r u waiting for. send in more n more doubts and other posts am eagerly waiting for them

as for now check out my posts to partho's Q om most common cause for cond deafness n reply to ur post in signs ent

devajyoti

manipal
life in manipal is COOL icon_wink.gif. what about u where r u from, which college

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

hey dev..
well patch and membrane r two different things..
and we know abt the dd of membrane over tonsil...
then wats the dd of patch over tonsil...well i hav collected some...some of them r same..

devajyoti

he roshan

will try n let u know tomorrow. look out for some of my new thrads tomorrow

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

yea...

devajyoti

roshan'

tried to search for the dd of patch on tonsils in scott and brown, de n net. the only dd i found was diphtheria.

will ask my teaachers tomorrow.

what did u find out.

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

infection--acute streptococcal,acute diptheria,tonsillitis,peritonsillar abcess,infectious mononucleosis,syphilis,tb
blood diseases-agranulocytosis,leukemia
misc-apthous ulcer,bachet's syndrome
squamous cell CA.

but...still i dont think all the above r right...u have to confirm...correct it if there is any mistake..

devajyoti

roshan2k wrote:
infection--acute streptococcal,acute diptheria,tonsillitis,peritonsillar abcess,infectious mononucleosis,syphilis,tb
blood diseases-agranulocytosis,leukemia
misc-apthous ulcer,bachet's syndrome
squamous cell CA.

but...still i dont think all the above r right...u have to confirm...correct it if there is any mistake..

ok,

do u have bhargava( i don't)

today i went to my book shop person and checked this thing there.
it also gives a load of diseases including the ones u have mentioned above but it speaks nothing about membranes.

same is the case with the brand new book by our hod released in manipal today. so wanted to confirm it with my hod himself but he wasn't there in opd today

as far as i understood membrane n patch r the same thing or may be memb forms a part of the causes of white patch on tonsil

do u have any particular Q which can prove that they are diff.

anyways i'll see.

how is studies. exams knocking. must be studying hard icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

membrane covers the whole surface but patch covers a small area....patch and membrane r two different things..but there dd may match..

devajyoti

YA MAY BE

LETS SEE

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

have u asked ur hod??

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

roshan2k
Aim AIIMS November 2010

Essentials of Medical Pharmacology By KD Tripathi
Extensively revised and updated chapters to include recently introduced drugs, published information and therapeutic practices.
 Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> MBBS -> Books for III MBBS

MBBS Community
RxPG community for 16 years
2,874 active members | 10,356 posts

Topic ID #39838
Started 14 years ago
17 contributors
150 posts | 49,213 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 193 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 2.609 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook