RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - How to remember classification of drugs in Pharmacology?  
 Page 1 of 1

dr_kool
Aim AIPGE 2014

FAQ: How to remember classification of drugs in Pharmacology
hi
i m 2nd yr student , i m having difficulty in remembering drugs cllasification in pharmac.
will any body help me abt this by saying any tricks which i dont know plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz????

UNANSWERED: Topics division/frequency in final mbbs question papers?

dedacter

ya thats difficult
its easier if you read them making formula, and revise it every other day before going to lectures.

try reading them from Lippincott and LANGE, its somewhat easier than Tripathy.

Doctor-do-little

Hey there.
I had trouble with that too.
Making mnemonics helps.
As does making your own tables/flowcharts.
The golden rule is-Write write write again.
Hope that helps.

drnarya

Discussion is the best way.....

divesh
Aim NEET PG

mnemonics really work
only when u revise more and more
so aim to revise as much u can

puneet_84

well i can help u my teacher give us notes which has a easier classification but it is valid and its easy to learn so if u want any classification in perticular let me know. and for learning u have discuss and write it for many times to remember them. pharma is very volatile.

net_ified

dont worry..... ajj nahi to kal ho jaayega

alexander
Aim DNB Part 2

pharmac remembering
hey friends,
try my formula,

read one classification daily

try to make a poem or remember it by a situation,(dont make it complex though)

will post you an eg as soon as possible.but you have to make ya own .
Quote:
mugging is not the way of geniuses, but pharmac respects muggers

net_ified

post an eg fast...

Basuarya
Aim Andhra Pradesh PG

Hi Guys,

Check out this book - Sharma and Sharma - Principles of Pharamcology it is gives very good classifications of drugs.

Basuarya
Aim Andhra Pradesh PG

Hi Guys,

Check out this book - Sharma and Sharma - Principles of Pharamcology it is gives very good classifications of drugs.

purush
Aim Andhra Pradesh PG

HII...
[color=green][/color
HIII....WELL I WAZ FACIN THIS PROBLEM N MAY B EVRY 2ND MEDICO DOES....
SO...WAT U GONNA DO IS.....USE UR OWN PNEMONICS ...SAY DA NAMES OF UR CLASSMATES....N ATTACH DA ADVERSE EFFECT OF THT DRUG 2 HIM R SHE....DO DA SAME WITH DA USES ALSO...
EX......PHENYTOIN-P
STANDS FOR PHANIDHAR(CLASSMATE)
SAY 2 HIM HE CAUSES FOETAL SYND(ADV..EFFECT)
N USED IN EPILEPSY...JUST DO THIS N 9 OUT OF 10 TIMES U WUD B ABLE 2 RECALL....ANY DRUG N CLASIFCN..

suraj_reloaded
Aim NEET PG

I KNOWTHIS SOUDS CRAZY BUT WORKS 4 ME
it may sound crazy but trust me it works...
read ONLY the classification and summary tables from GOODMAN GILMAN.. see fig in lipin cott.. read theory frm katzung....
BUT REMEMBER..
NOTHIN BEATS CLASS NOTES!!!!!!

pattumkp
Aim NEET PG

write classification and paste on walls infront of ur table &read daily one classification morning and night .this is the best way to remeber

sajjanshenoy

Hard work is the only thing that works in pharmac... Try remembering the drugs based on their mechanism of action... then it'll be easier to remember the classifications.....

Anatomicus
Aim NEET PG

Its really true :mugging is not the way of geniuses, but pharmac respects muggers

Hard work is the only thing that works in pharmac... Try remembering the drugs based on their mechanism of action... then it'll be easier to remember the classifications..... :I agreee with Sajjan!!!!

Also Pnemonics is nt bad too

rajkumar05
Aim DM Cardiology

my suggestion is buy small book which cantains only classifications of drugs and try to read it when ever ur free , you can carry that book in ur pocket to class also

rmh

Prepare charts of classifications,
use mnemonics...
Keep cramming n revising frequently....!!!

Dr_Ashu

HEY ONLY A FEW CLASSIFICATIONS LIKE THAT OF CEPHALOSPORINS IS CONFUSING...WELL FOR OTHERS U HAVE TO FOLLOW THE GOLDEN RULE OF SMART STUDY(FORMULA/MNEMONICS) & HARD WORK(READ AGAIN & AGAIN)..
BEST OF LUCK

kalimisetty
Aim USMLE Step 1

hai i have seen ur reply for the pharm.can u send me such mneomics in cardio vascular system to my email.
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!

sushaa

i suggest that write all the classifications in a book page by page, from first lesson to last lesson first. when u feel bored or daily read one classification. then it becomes very easy.no need to mug it.jst see them daily for 1/2 hr,with in some days u get familiar.keep a handy (spiral) book with nice cover it will boost ur interest.lippincots is good ,do refer it.

kalimisetty
Aim USMLE Step 1

Thx, for ur kind suggestion

sushaa

my pleasure pal

gobind

I am a senior resident in Pharmacology
Start studying KDT and along with this after each chapter or unit, do the MCQs of 'Katzung Review' (mini katzung). For making the work easier for you we have written a book on pharmacology, it contains every chapter in very easy to understand language (and are very concise). after the theory of each chapter, there are MCQs with the explanations. Morever to make the learning easy, large no. of mnemonics have been added.
the book is
REVIEW OF PHARMACOLOGY BY DR. GOBIND RAI GARG AND DR. SPARSH GUPTA, PULSE PUBLICATIONS.

if you have time, do give a look at this book

saishyam

hai i am a third year student i have pharmacology in this sem i dont know how to study that subject can any one give tips to study easily

gobind

Start studying KDT and along with this after each chapter or unit, do the MCQs of 'Katzung Review' (mini katzung). For making the work easier for you we have written a book on Pharmacology , it contains every chapter in very easy to understand language (and are very concise). after the theory of each chapter, there are MCQs with the explanations. Morever to make the learning easy, large no. of mnemonics have been added.
the book is
REVIEW OF Pharmacology BY DR. GOBIND RAI GARG AND DR. SPARSH GUPTA, PULSE PUBLICATIONS.

tumbling_motility
Aim USMLE Step 1

make ur own charts..do anything..
bt get all of them mugged up at earliest

make sure u remember all drugs of each class..

across n sarp may prove helpful..!

ankit_2k
Aim NEET PG

i used neumonics but i got confused as 't' was for 'tetanus' or 'typhoid' or smting else.... so make neumnics but sitll disscussion is best.

tun1983
Aim General

good one

champ4style

hi
any as other guys said u to make mnemonics
well record
those mnemonics with ur or any one with good voice
then listen to them when ever ur free
make a habit of it
pharmacology will be easier for u
if possible go to hospital at free times if the doctor is ur frien or relative and observe patients sa they tell their problems like 'not feeling huntry ,head ache'
then relate the doctors prescription with ur book.
it may work out

Sangini
Aim USMLE Step 1

there's a new pharmacology book out, authored by one of our proffessors her at kmc manipal

its called pharmacology review for undergraduates
by tara shanbaag

its a really good book, everything is explained simply, lots of diagrams flow charts and mnemonics..

do try it, it helps for last minute study, its helped me and my class mates a lot

horizonksh

plz help dude
dude i want the classification of ANTIMICROBIALS unit in pharmacology.....plz send it to me...i will b thankful to u....plz.....
plz dude

hirakpatel24

Kindly help me for antiparkinsonian drugs... icon_sad.gif

contactKhans
Aim AIIMS

Hi All ,
We are having MD/MS/PG-DIPLOMA/MBBS/MDS/BDS Management quota seats in Karnataka,
If interested Kindly call on 81..47..83..81..29....

Cunningham's Manual of Practical Anatomy
Completely redesigned in an attractive new format, this popular three-volume manual provides students and practitioners with a comprehensive guide to human anatomy and a dissection guide recognized throughout the world.
 Page 1 of 1
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> MBBS -> How to remember classification of drugs in Pharmacology?

MBBS Community
RxPG community for 16 years
2,873 active members | 10,350 posts

Topic ID #45000
Started 14 years ago
29 contributors
34 posts | 49,558 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 62 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 1.719 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook