RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - General queries about USMLE  
 Page 12 of 22 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

AshB

danan wrote:
hi ashB, i have a query regarding booking a slot.i need to book a slot for dec-jan-feb. but in iwa the slots are upto dec i.e. oct-nov-dec.when can i book for my slot. kindly reply me.

I guess, for eligibility periods ending in 2008 you have to use 2008 application materials which will be available on ECFMG website only after September 13th.

UNANSWERED: Enrollment Begins for Express Research Workshop!

danan
Aim USMLE Jobs

thanq ashB .one more query ashB, do we have to read any other books apart from kaplan because the questions at the end of each chapter are completely about new topics which aren't given in text of that chapter.offcourse the explanation is given but i still cannot find regarding that question in chapter. if i have to read other books kindly advise me ashB.

drjanet
Aim USMLE Step 1

is there sumone writing usmle after 3 yrs gap of mbbs

AshB

danan wrote:
thanq ashB .one more query ashB, do we have to read any other books apart from kaplan because the questions at the end of each chapter are completely about new topics which aren't given in text of that chapter.offcourse the explanation is given but i still cannot find regarding that question in chapter. if i have to read other books kindly advise me ashB.

Read my exam experience here.. It has my take on books.
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!

Also read other experiences too at this link..

villa_torino123
Aim USMLE Step 1

hello ashb,
i'm going to ask u one more big doubt, i went to the ecfmg site got registered to iwa, i got my log in number n password after a week,i logged on,went thru process of getting my own password etc. then wehn it came to eligibilty periods!i was stumped.i want a jan 2008 to march 2008 period and it was not there, the oprions given were only till end of 2007,what shld i do shld i jus wait till say october and use my same id n password and then apply when the 2008 slots become available, when i logged out the screen showed something like complete in 14 days does that mean, after 14 days if i dont complete since the eligibilty period selection is the second step of the process it self,the log in number n password alloted to me will expire? please reply......

AshB

villa_torino123 wrote:
hello ashb,
i'm going to ask u one more big doubt, i went to the ecfmg site got registered to iwa, i got my log in number n password after a week,i logged on,went thru process of getting my own password etc. then wehn it came to eligibilty periods!i was stumped.i want a jan 2008 to march 2008 period and it was not there, the oprions given were only till end of 2007,what shld i do shld i jus wait till say october and use my same id n password and then apply when the 2008 slots become available, when i logged out the screen showed something like complete in 14 days does that mean, after 14 days if i dont complete since the eligibilty period selection is the second step of the process it self,the log in number n password alloted to me will expire? please reply......

Relax.. It said about the saved application's expiry period. You can start a new application any time you want. Not a problem. 2008 application materials will be available starting Septmber 13th. Then you can take a Jan-March slot.

villa_torino123
Aim USMLE Step 1

thanx for the super prompt repl!!!!!!!!!what wuld i do without rxpg i dunno!!!!!!!!!1

villa_torino123
Aim USMLE Step 1

listen one more doubt...sorry abt so many doebts...so many chapters are missing from the cd's i have and i'm someone who never pais attention to lectures and listening to these lectures makes me look at my books at a whole new light,will i survive is it ok?

dr_kanwar
Aim Canada

Hi!!
AM getting 24 to 28 in UW.and i did the USMLE cd 3blocks question of year 2005.I got 39 40 and 43 in dat.
Are dese worth score fr getting good centiles.
My biggest worry is UW.
Kindly give ur two words Ash.
my exam on sept 20.Shuld i postpone d exam by seeing dis kind of performation in UW.

AshB

dr_kanwar wrote:
Hi!!
AM getting 24 to 28 in UW.and i did the <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/forum5.html">USMLE</a>
cd 3blocks question of year 2005.I got 39 40 and 43 in dat.
Are dese worth score fr getting good centiles.
My biggest worry is UW.
Kindly give ur two words Ash.
my exam on sept 20.Shuld i postpone d exam by seeing dis kind of performation in UW.

I guess you mean 28/50. In that case its a bit low and doesn't predict too well for your score. Try NBME's self assessment to get the most accurate picture.

And based on your performance profile on NBME and also on UW, work on the areas you are weak on.

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

carbamazepine
Aim USMLE Step 1

hey AshB
where can I get KAPLAN lecture CDs/DVDs?
And in case I am not able to secure them, how muc does it influence on my preparation.
What should I do in order to compensate for that loss?
Please help
I am in mid phase of my prep with only 2 and 1/2 months to go for the step

dr_kanwar
Aim Canada

thanks AshB.

villa_torino123
Aim USMLE Step 1

what is the ideal time to subscirbe to usmle world?where do u get nbme?in shops or online?

dr_kanwar
Aim Canada

NBME is an online subsription of an exam having 7 blocks based exactly in the same manner as our USMLE exam. Subscription fees is 45 USD.

dr_kanwar
Aim Canada

1. How many times dis procedure of matching take place in one year.
am confused,,smoebdy saing twice,,some r saing once.....

2.till wat date should we complete our Steps 1,2ck and cs to be eligible fr matching sept.2008?

dr_kanwar
Aim Canada

querry regardin postpone of exam.....

Do i need to send form 183E, 344,345 ETC TO ECFMG ?I have already sent form 186.
its written dere dat ''u r not supposed to submit 183E if ur form186 is already in the records of ECFMG''

Simultaneously its also written dat ''U have to click on form 183E so dat ur request fr extension is carried frward and be submitted to the ECFMG''

Plij advice whosoeverhas experience or knowledge regading dis.

NOSHABA
Aim MRCOG Part 2

HELLO
I M STARTING TO STUDY FOR MLE 1 .WHAT BOOKS AND COURSE I CHOOSE?

tanpgi

hi Ash B and all,
can somebody tell me whether we need to send to resend our medical school transcript to the ERAS along with the LOR's and MSPE,etc.. because i thought i've sent it once during application to the exam and has been verified by the ECFMG from my college. but now after application there is no medical school transcript uploaded in my list for each program at the ADTS. do I need to send the transript to the ERAS via a courier. please help me

AshB

tanpgi wrote:
hi Ash B and all,
can somebody tell me whether we need to send to resend our medical school transcript to the ERAS along with the LOR's and MSPE,etc.. because i thought i've sent it once during application to the exam and has been verified by the ECFMG from my college. but now after application there is no medical school transcript uploaded in my list for each program at the ADTS. do I need to send the transript to the ERAS via a courier. please help me

Yes, you have to send a copy of medical school transcript to ECFMG for being scanned and uploaded to ERAS.

bimalsonia
Aim NEET PG

hi

hsidd
Aim PLAB Part 2

how long to prepare for usmale step 1?
hi i was thinking of joining the kaplan course in india in nov to prepare for usmle step 1. does you have any idea what minimum amount of time is required to prepare before i appear for the exam? (ie when is the earliest i can take a date for the exam?) im not going to be working either. or is there a better way to prepare for the exam? (ie first aid books n usmle world subscription) but i've heard kaplan is the best.
any replies/experiences will be appreciated.
thanks.
hsidd

anupamaJK
Aim PLAB Part 2

pls any one help me , where to buy kaplan lecture notes? and lecture cds.i am in india.what is the genuine price for them?

danan
Aim USMLE Jobs

you can ask your seniors or probably find them at any xerox shop near medical colleges[in big cities mostly].for cds you need to ask your seniors who opted for mle.

Jaykanth
Aim FRCS

Is there chance for foreign post graduates to do fellowship in USA without doing residency if so what are the chances what are the prerequisites for the same.Please help

dr_kanwar
Aim Canada

Yes,Dr. Jaykanth,, there r some colleges in USA who offer dese fellowship widout doin dere residency.
u have to google search fr dese univ.

good luck.

Jaykanth
Aim FRCS

Thank you sir how much percentage are the chances for getting fellowship after PG in orthopaedics and do we have to complete all steps including step3 for fellowship Please help

dr_kanwar
Aim Canada

As far I know My friends sister is doin fellowship in USA in DERMATOLOGY after doin her PG here in INDIA.she didnt appear in any of the MLE staps.
SHE APPLIED DIRECTLY TO THE uNIVERSITY WHICH ALLOW IMMIGRANTS TO DO FELLOWSHIP WIDOUT HAVING US PG DEGREES....

anand_padhu
Aim USMLE Step 1

thank u
thank u ash B for ur reply regarding step 3
actually before going to apply i was going through various forum and tot
how come so many Q? about applying
icon_smile.gif soon realising why
one more Q?
am doing my Internship now but planning to take Jan feb mar 08 slot
for step 1
do i spply as a graduate or student, now i am not a graduate nor a student if am right.
if its a rep. Q then plz let me know which page to check it out.
thank u
GREAT JOB

pramood
Aim Maharashtra PG

hi..to all ... can any 1 help me in information regarding usmle? i am very much intrested in usmle..where can i get a reliable information?

anand_padhu
Aim USMLE Step 1

regarding student/graduate
think Ash B is busy
anyways i tried searching at last got it
For all those who are in same sort of confusion
its clearly given in ecfmy in application instructions
that
dunring the process of completeing req to be elegible for final medical diploma one should apply as students
may be wat i asked was silly for Ash B icon_biggrin.gif

anand_padhu
Aim USMLE Step 1

need ur help again
hi ash B
i atlast found out the answer for wat i asked regarding studnt/graduate.
i know u busy.
but for this one i need your help.
1) wat are credits
2) as i told u tat i am doing my internship at IGGGH&PGI pondicherry which is Govt Hospital Pondy, a MCI recognised institute for my internship. where even DNB are taking place. ( but Not listed in IMED)
i did my Education in AVMC&H ( listed in IMED)
now should i show the transfer of my credits from IGGH to AVMC.
if so its not ter in IMED wat should i do??? will i be eligible for Step 1.
il be getting my final degree from AVMC H under pondicherry institute.
ref .... item 19 ,20 A,B.
3) am shocked to read this am really dejected icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif transfer credits section in the same 2008 info booklet also tells
a) academic credits earned on or after jan 1 2008 tat are transfered to medical ll award an applicant a medical dfegree must meet all the following criteria
> credist must be transfered from one IMED to another IMED listed medical school
actually i am completing my internsip on jan 2 nd 08, so will it solve the prob if i finish my internship here at IGGH on 31 dec 07 and do next two days in my coll thereby i dont come under those probs.PLZ HELP
i really dont know wat to do
waiting for ur reply
thank u

Jaykanth
Aim FRCS

Hai
Hello
Do they allow the doctors on surgical side to do their fellowship or is it only for the medical side and which university is ur cousin doing her Fellowship and what is her fellowship speciality and how is the application procedure can u just help me with the details

Jaykanth
Aim FRCS

Hai
Hello
Do they allow the doctors on surgical side to do their fellowship or is it only for the medical side and which university is ur cousin doing her Fellowship and what is her fellowship speciality and how is the application procedure can u just help me with the details

drhaar
Aim USMLE Step 1

ohh ignorance of me can some body help me
hello i have some questions n need help
1- if passing step 1 with low score can i retake the exam to get better
2- if didnot show to the exam and finished the eligibility period what happen
3- if did extension of eligibility period once can repeat extention if not what to do if not ready to take the exam
very indeed need for help

i wish to do my pg in india & also stuudy for mle in mean time can it be possible

AshB

Re: need ur help again
anand_padhu wrote:
hi ash B
i atlast found out the answer for wat i asked regarding studnt/graduate.
i know u busy.
but for this one i need your help.
1) wat are credits
2) as i told u tat i am doing my internship at IGGGH&PGI pondicherry which is Govt Hospital Pondy, a MCI recognised institute for my internship. where even <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/forum29.html">DNB</a>
are taking place. ( but Not listed in IMED)
i did my Education in AVMC&H ( listed in IMED)
now should i show the transfer of my credits from IGGH to AVMC.
if so its not ter in IMED wat should i do??? will i be eligible for Step 1.
il be getting my final degree from AVMC H under pondicherry institute.
ref .... item 19 ,20 A,B.
3) am shocked to read this am really dejected icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif transfer credits section in the same 2008 info booklet also tells
a) academic credits earned on or after jan 1 2008 tat are transfered to medical ll award an applicant a medical dfegree must meet all the following criteria
> credist must be transfered from one IMED to another IMED listed medical school
actually i am completing my internsip on jan 2 nd 08, so will it solve the prob if i finish my internship here at IGGH on 31 dec 07 and do next two days in my coll thereby i dont come under those probs.PLZ HELP
i really dont know wat to do
waiting for ur reply
thank u

I'd suggest give ECFMG a call regarding credit transfer issue. They would give you the most reliable info.

AshB

Re: Hai
Jaykanth wrote:
Hello

You can do a surgical fellowship similar to medical ones. Find out fellowship programs you are interested in and visit their individual websites to know the application procedure.

AshB

Re: ohh ignorance of me can some body help me
drhaar wrote:
hello i have some questions n need help
1- if passing step 1 with low score can i retake the exam to get better
2- if didnot show to the exam and finished the eligibility period what happen
3- if did extension of eligibility period once can repeat extention if not what to do if not ready to take the exam
very indeed need for help

1. No you can't retake it for 7 years
2. No show means you'll have to apply again and pay a new fees.
3. You can extend it only once. After that you have to apply again.

AshB

0123456789 wrote:
i wish to do my pg in india & also stuudy for mle in mean time can it be possible

8) Of course it it possible, you'll have to work hard.

anand_padhu
Aim USMLE Step 1

thank u
i was waiting for your reply
but i was about to do that
thank u anyways

danan
Aim USMLE Jobs

hi AshB , i need little help regarding applying. i am applying as graduate and what would you advise me to do regarding item 19,20,21 in step1 online part.i have done internship from other college after taking transfer. does this come under transfer of credits.need your advise plz

AshB

danan wrote:
hi AshB , i need little help regarding applying. i am applying as graduate and what would you advise me to do regarding item 19,20,21 in step1 online part.i have done internship from other college after taking transfer. does this come under transfer of credits.need your advise plz

Danan i think, it doesn't come under transfer of credits but i don't have any solid info on that. Some others here also have the same problem. My advise would be to call up ECFMG. That would be the best, they are pretty helpful.

anand_padhu
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi dan
hi
i was facing the same prob
internship does not come under transfer of credits

arundhutik
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi u ve been of great help always. i got a very poor score for my step 1. couldnt get through my exams well because of a spinal surgery i went through. my score is 77. do i ve any prospects for future in residency in psychiatry. my husband is currently doing his residency in the states and i am to join him in december. can u kindly reply as soon as possible. i am very scared.
thanks,

AshB

arundhutik wrote:
hi u ve been of great help always. i got a very poor score for my step 1. couldnt get through my exams well because of a spinal surgery i went through. my score is 77. do i ve any prospects for future in residency in <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/forum65.html">Psychiatry</a>
. my husband is currently doing his residency in the states and i am to join him in december. can u kindly reply as soon as possible. i am very scared.
thanks,

I'm sorry to know about your spine surgery. Hope you are doing well now. A score of 77 doesn't mean the end of your US dream though the path will certainly be tough. Remember, there are many things apart from scores that you can do to better your chances like USCE, US LORs, Research, timing of application, contacts etc. Just study those factors and act and apply wisely. Score well in Step2CK. Don't be scared, people in similar situation like yours have managed to get a residency in US. Read the '76 in Step1' thread for similar discussion. Just don't lose hope and focus and try to get as many other things right as you can. Your husband can help you in many of these aspects too.

My best wishes for you.

anaida
Aim USMLE Step 2 CS

hello mr.Moderator , if you can tell me how does the second attempt affect ones profile ( i cudnt clear me step 2 ck with 74, passed step 1 with 95 ), if i pass with gud percentage , wud i be able to make it to residency( i have done my DNB ina anaesthesia)

arundhutik
Aim USMLE Step 1

thank u so much for being so very encouraging.
what is USCE?
I will try to work harder , and thank u for ur wishes. i am feeling better after the operation but its not going to be very normal anytime. what is the scope for psychiatry?
thanks a lot.

arundhutik
Aim USMLE Step 1

also the thread "76 in step 1", i dont see it really? can you help?

AshB

anaida wrote:
hello mr.Moderator , if you can tell me how does the second attempt affect ones profile ( i cudnt clear me step 2 ck with 74, passed step 1 with 95 ), if i pass with gud percentage , wud i be able to make it to residency( i have done my ina Anaesthesia)

You can call me 'AshB'.

Your ECFMG status report that is sent to the programs when you apply does indicate the number of attempts. But I feel if you can pull through a good score in second attempt, comparable to Step1, it could nullify the effect of an extra attempt. And as a general rule get all other factors right. I know people who have got residency even with 2 attempts on both the steps.

AshB

arundhutik wrote:
also the thread "76 in step 1", i dont see it really? can you help?

The thread is...

USCE = US Clinical Experience

MCQ Crammer (Beta)
Free New MCQ Revision Tool by RxPG
 Page 12 of 22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> beforeUSMLE -> General queries about USMLE

beforeUSMLE Community
RxPG community for 18 years
1,576 active members | 4,611 posts

Topic ID #55698
Started 16 years ago
104 community credits
391 contributors
1,095 posts | 544,814 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 229 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 0.587 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook