RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - Which is better: Keith Moore or Richard Snell?  
 Page 1 of 1

visprod
Aim USMLE Step 1

Which is better: Keith Moore or Richard Snell?
Can you please tell me which book is better for anatomy? Keith Moore or Richard Snell?

UNANSWERED: Am I too old(24) for mbbs?

asutoshsahu
Aim USMLE Step 1

both have their + and - points but I think keith moore will be better.

drnirrag
Aim MS Othopaedics

gray s for students is better than these 2 i guess

nihaal786
Aim AIIMS

moore is definately better than snell. but u can consult grays anatomy for student too.

manu_19
Aim USMLE Step 1

Keith moore is better than Snell. But majority of studemts refer to BD Chourasia. you can take Moore as a reference.

monhi

BD Chaurasia when used alongside your Grants atlas is the best I can recommend.Create sometime to flip through the clinicals in Moore.

asutoshsahu
Aim USMLE Step 1

monhi wrote:
BD Chaurasia when used alongside your Grants atlas is the best I can recommend.Create sometime to flip through the clinicals in Moore.

BDC + Grants atlas = Grays for students + Blue boxes from Moore

I think BDC is very complicated in explaining concepts. its very wordy. But in grays students there are very good illustrations and realistic diagrams which will make u understand in a better way.

Studying only grays for students may not be a great help from exam point of view so u can supplement it with Kazi's Exam oriented anatomy.

I hope everyone got my point.

monhi

My opinion is:BDC might seem impossible at the start of your anatomy programme.This is because,in agreement with asutoshsahu,there are no realistic diagrams.Believing that you are an active participant in your gross dissection sessions,you begin to find BDC more of a companion ,as the descriptions are not too ambiguous and the descriptions flow along with your dissection experience at the gross anatomy lab.Descriptions are also well-outlined,so you can have a good essay writing ability in preps for your incourses right from the start. As a newly incoming medical student with all the enthu of becoming a medical doctor,Keith Moore will seem alluring and interesting.Yes it is a great book,no doubt.But when work load begins to increase,especially with physiology and biochemistry to cover,students end up running back to BDChaurasia.WISH YOU THE BEST.

mauve
Aim USMLE Step 1

I think its best to use Snell .....stick to one book!

xenixmacos

chau
stick to chaurasia for exams- selections are better accesible, and easier to recall. Use K & M as reference. You have biochem and phsio too- remember. You can brush up on anatomy with the bigger books later

contactKhans
Aim AIIMS

Hi All ,
We are having MD/MS/PG-DIPLOMA/MBBS/MDS/BDS Management quota seats in Karnataka,
If interested Kindly call on 81..47..83..81..29....

praveen317
Aim AIIMS

snell+netter atlas=sure sucess

Essentials of Medical Pharmacology By KD Tripathi
Extensively revised and updated chapters to include recently introduced drugs, published information and therapeutic practices.
 Page 1 of 1
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> MBBS -> Which is better: Keith Moore or Richard Snell?

MBBS Community
RxPG community for 17 years
2,877 active members | 10,361 posts

Topic ID #90235
Started 12 years ago
10 contributors
12 posts | 8,619 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 146 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 3.698 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook