RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features


RxPG :: View topic - Who Gives Those Golden Stars to Threads?  
 Page 1 of 1
Author Message

harshadbhai


Help: Who Gives Those Golden Stars to Threads?
hey i wonder,
who gives that golden stars ( some times 2 , some times 5)
to the threads????

and on which basis????

TRENDING: Aesthetic Medicine In Australia

harshadbhai


HELLO TEAM!

no reply for me !

icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif


harshadbhai


Re: who gives that golden stars?
harshadbhai wrote:
hey i wonder,
who gives that golden stars ( some times 2 , some times 5)
to the threads????

and on which basis????



please give me the answer!~


gemgems


hehehehe how did u put bart there...could u clarify


RxPG_Team


These stars were given automatically to important and useful threads by a computer algorithm. The details of this algorithm can not be shared with users in order to avoid potential manipulation.

It is still a beta feature and is being tested for further refinement. If you see any inappropriate thread being star rated, please report it to us as it will help in fine tuning the system.

Regards


harshadbhai


RxPG_Team wrote:
These stars were given automatically to important and useful threads by a computer algorithm. The details of this algorithm can not be shared with users in order to avoid potential manipulation.

It is still a beta feature and is being tested for further refinement. If you see any inappropriate thread being star rated, please report it to us as it will help in fine tuning the system.

Regards


Oh so its like that!
Thanks for telling..

i was wondering that my 3 threads in AIPG forum has 5 stars!!!
so basicaly its a program feature..
hmmm...
Keep it stYlisH!


kaps69
Aim AIPGE 2016

I WISH RXPG WEBSITE ALL THE LUCK
I HAVE GREAT FAITH IN RXPG MODERATORS AND ALL THE TECHNICAL PEOPLE BEHIND THIS WONDERFUL WEBSITE WHICH IS THE LIFELINE OF MEDICOS.

AND ITS A GREAT DEFEAT FOR THE HACKERS AND ALL THOSE WHO TRIED TO BRING IT DOWN BUT COULD NOT DO SO FOR A LONG TIME...
ALL THE BEST GUYS !
U R THE BEST!
________


BGM


Dear RxPG team,
Is the Star rating method currently functional in RxPG?


I had seen threads getting Star rated a few months back. But i am not seeing any of the threads getting star rated these days..

Please correct me if i am wrong..

Regards..



blue_mars


BGM wrote:
Dear RxPG team,
Is the Star rating method currently functional in RxPG?


I had seen threads getting Star rated a few months back. But i am not seeing any of the threads getting star rated these days..

Please correct me if i am wrong..

Regards..



Now a days you are getting them on your badge(see u got 4 big stars now)
icon_biggrin.gif


BGM


blue_mars wrote:

Now a days you are getting them on your badge(see u got 4 big stars now)
icon_biggrin.gif


icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif hehehe Not that, i was referring to the stars in the threads.. icon_mad.gif


BGM


BGM wrote:
icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif hehehe Not that, i was referring to the stars in the threads.. icon_mad.gif


icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_confused.gif Ooops!!!! Very very sorry! that smiley was really a typing error! icon_eek.gif Actually i wanted this smiley icon_biggrin.gif Sorreeeee........ And i cant edit that smiley too icon_sad.gif



blue_mars


Its Ok bgm icon_smile.gif


BGM


Dear RxPG team,
Is the Star rating of threads correctly working these days?

Just take the site forum as an example,

icon_arrow.gif The new " Rxpg scrapbook Beta - Change Log And Feed back Thread!" had 27 replies and 548 views, it is rated as "Hot"
But it isn't star rated.


icon_arrow.gif Where as the "Wanted A Study Partener" thread in site forum had only 6 replies and only 81 views, And it is not rated as "Hot"
Still it is 4 star rated!


Please do look into this matter and please correct me if i am wrong.
Thanks a lot..



BGM


icon_surprised.gif No reply yet! icon_sad.gif


blue_mars


I have noticed strange thing about these stars.
For example: see this link.
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!


In the forum I can see only 2 stars but in my activity page same thread has 4 stars.
icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif


anweshi


Yeah...I too noticed some discrepancies. With the HOT rating though. Some HOT thread in the main page are not so HOT in the Forum index.

Pointing this out so that things can be fine tuned.
icon_smile.gif


crocodile181


who marks hot topic?


BGM


crocodile181 wrote:
who marks hot topic?


Its an automated feature.
A thread becomes "Hot" when the number of replies in it exceeds a certain number. The number of replies needed to make a thread "hot" vary according to the popularity of the forum. More replies are needed in a busy forum(eg:offbeat) to label a thread as Hot when compared to a less busy forum.



srinudsv
Aim DM Critical Care Medicine

y there is no star rating to DNB NOTIFICATIONS though it crossed 7000 viewers, more than 78 replies in a short period ,it is giving much more useful infirmation ? plz reply to my quary. what r standerds for giving star rating..?


pearllysun
Aim Other

srinudsv wrote:
y there is no star rating to DNB
NOTIFICATIONS though it crossed 7000 viewers, more than 78 replies in a short period ,it is giving much more useful infirmation ? plz reply to my quary. what r standerds for giving star rating..?


url ??


srinudsv
Aim DM Critical Care Medicine

i cant understand ur reply.vats url ?? explain in detail...


blue_mars


srinudsv wrote:
i cant understand ur reply.vats url ?? explain in detail...


He meant.. Link for that DNB thread you are talking about.... can you post the link here?


pearllysun
Aim Other

blue_mars wrote:
srinudsv wrote:
i cant understand ur reply.vats url ?? explain in detail...


He meant.. Link for that DNB
thread you are talking about.... can you post the link here?


YUP ! "blue_mars" is 100% right ... i was asking about the link to the thread ...if im not wrong then the thread tht u r referring to is - " Dnb Notifications.. " -
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!
... which has 80+ replies and 7910+ views

though the formula to make a thread " hot " is well known whereas the formula doesn't apply to make a thread a " star " and is still unknown ..this may be known from teams reply to this

RxPG_Team wrote:
These stars were given automatically to important and useful threads by a computer algorithm. The details of this algorithm can not be shared with users in order to avoid potential manipulation.


so the importance is alone taken into consideration ...this doesn't mean that our thread is of no importance .... kindly see one of my thread - " any one from / to moscow medical academy i.m.sechenov ! " -
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!
- which has 200+ replies & 8610+ views , every single thread is of its own importance but the star awarding algorithm is so complicated that we are unable to understand .

it's good if it stays this way .....


kishanAtchutuni


@moderators
then how can the forums in offbeats be important???
which songs r u listening today
words can build bridges

how cum these forums are imp???
i meant no offence to thread owners..sry
jst wanna clarify reg those star rating


arunjy
Aim NEET PG 2012

kishanAtchutuni wrote:
@moderators
then how can the forums in offbeats be important???
which songs r u listening today
words can build bridges

how cum these forums are imp???
i meant no offence to thread owners..sry
jst wanna clarify reg those star rating


Offbeat is just as important as aipgmee and dnb and so.... For the computer, each is read as the same.... Besides, for ppl like me, offbeat is the most imp forum now for there is no better stress buster icon_cool.gif icon_cool.gif ..

For every person, they have separate interests... For eg a person who is preparing for usmle wont spend much time in dnb forum...so each and every forum has interests to different persons

Correct me if am wrong, rxpg team


crvishwacr
Aim AIPGE 2014

how to get credits?


crvishwacr
Aim AIPGE 2014

admin


crvishwacr
Aim AIPGE 2014

admin how to get credits


arunjy
Aim NEET PG 2012

crvishwacr wrote:
admin how to get credits

Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!



dramarmd
Aim Tamilnadu PG

Those who r having


drnamrashah


according to user views n comments


arunsbn94
Aim AIIMS

How do I view my trust rate?


shivang
Aim DM Critical Care Medicine

icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif


merchantfahad


yup even i was unawaree


kjc25dr
Aim MCh

hi


abhijeetbarua
Aim AIPGE 2014

Great

MCQ Crammer (Beta)
Free New MCQ Revision Tool by RxPG
 Page 1 of 1
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  
 

Home -> Forums -> [Help/Newbie] -> Who Gives Those Golden Stars to Threads?
 

[Help/Newbie] Community
RxPG community for 10 years
3,193 active members | 9,000 posts

Topic ID #45189
Started 8 years ago
20 contributors
36 posts | 215,847 views
Thread index Print thread Feed


Advertisements
Server Status: 94 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 0.618 seconds
Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials


About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook