RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features


RxPG :: View topic - Should RxPG allow to change usernames?  
 Page 1 of 1
Author Message

12345n67890
Aim NEET PG 2012

congrates on this...to all and to you.....

but i personally request you to pls do not include such a facility like to change username....
i have some reasons hope you will consider it.

1.any person who is fraud ..or spreading any wrong information,,if get caught ..wil change its identity(as only username is the only identity here)

2.this will be the easiest way to disturb anybody and then simply just run away and never get caught...

3.how can anyone posiibly recall its friends if they keep on changing their identity....this will definitely affect any type of discussion if going on in forum

4..it will be like remembering the names of brand names of same salt...jo aaj kuch aur hai aur kal kuch aur....

kindly do not allow to change one identity alleast...please
provide any flexibility in it but not the username

hope you will consider my words.
and if you have any logic in providing this facility..then please display the benifits regarding the same...


..thanks...

TRENDING: Credits In Rxpg

K_Sara_Sara


12345n67890 wrote:
congrates on this...to all and to you.....

but i personally request you to pls do not include such a facility like to change username....
i have some reasons hope you will consider it.


1.any person who is fraud ..or spreading any wrong information,,if get caught ..wil change its identity(as only username is the only identity here)

2.this will be the easiest way to disturb anybody and then simply just run away and never get caught...

3.how can anyone posiibly recall its friends if they keep on changing their identity....this will definitely affect any type of discussion if going on in forum

4..it will be like remembering the names of brand names of same salt...jo aaj kuch aur hai aur kal kuch aur....

kindly do not allow to change one identity alleast...please
provide any flexibility in it but not the username

hope you will consider my words.
and if you have any logic in providing this facility..then please display the benifits regarding the same...


..thanks...

Valid points.! smiley24.gif

I would suggest a way out of this...
To make provisions for a display nick/ id which can be edited by the user....
and the registered nick/ id which exists as permanent, not open to self-edit.!

This shall give the user flexibility to "display" his nick as he/ she chooses..
Whereas other members can identify/ crosscheck by visiting his/ her homepage...
to verify the "registered nick/ id" in case of trolls/ fake id's.!



@RxPG_Team : Also, if you could put an option for a "mood message/update" that would make profile page a tad more interesting..!
Moreover, if this gets incorporated to the RxPG messenger "status", it would add more fun to the "chatting" experience.! icon_smile.gif

Lotts more ideas are brewing.. icon_cool.gif
..will pour out as &when possible.!!


K_Sara_Sara


K_Sara_Sara wrote:
12345n67890 wrote:
congrates on this...to all and to you.....

but i personally request you to pls do not include such a facility like to change username....
i have some reasons hope you will consider it.


1.any person who is fraud ..or spreading any wrong information,,if get caught ..wil change its identity(as only username is the only identity here)

2.this will be the easiest way to disturb anybody and then simply just run away and never get caught...

3.how can anyone posiibly recall its friends if they keep on changing their identity....this will definitely affect any type of discussion if going on in forum

4..it will be like remembering the names of brand names of same salt...jo aaj kuch aur hai aur kal kuch aur....

kindly do not allow to change one identity alleast...please
provide any flexibility in it but not the username

hope you will consider my words.
and if you have any logic in providing this facility..then please display the benifits regarding the same...


..thanks...

Valid points.! smiley24.gif

I would suggest a way out of this...
To make provisions for a display nick/ id which can be edited by the user....
and the registered nick/ id which exists as permanent, not open to self-edit.!

This shall give the user flexibility to "display" his nick as he/ she chooses..
Whereas other members can identify/ crosscheck by visiting his/ her homepage...
to verify the "registered nick/ id" in case of trolls/ fake id's.!



@RxPG_Team : Also, if you could put an option for a "mood message/update" that would make profile page a tad more interesting..!
Moreover, if this gets incorporated to the RxPG messenger "status", it would add more fun to the "chatting" experience.! icon_smile.gif

Lotts more ideas are brewing.. icon_cool.gif
..will pour out as &when possible.!!

To elaborate upon the ''display nick/ id''...
we can already see the name/ gender in the scrapbook page of the user..
As this one is open to edit, it can be made more ''visible'' at various places viz. Messenger, profile page etc..
...maybe even posts made by the user.....!

However, confusion shall arise in case of posts made by the user..
i.e before and after the ''edit in username''....

For the same purpose, i suggested display of original registered nick/ id on homepage..!

Waiting to hear what the Team has decided on this issue.!! icon_smile.gif


12345n67890
Aim NEET PG 2012

K_Sara_Sara wrote:
K_Sara_Sara wrote:
12345n67890 wrote:
congrates on this...to all and to you.....

but i personally request you to pls do not include such a facility like to change username....
i have some reasons hope you will consider it.


1.any person who is fraud ..or spreading any wrong information,,if get caught ..wil change its identity(as only username is the only identity here)

2.this will be the easiest way to disturb anybody and then simply just run away and never get caught...

3.how can anyone posiibly recall its friends if they keep on changing their identity....this will definitely affect any type of discussion if going on in forum

4..it will be like remembering the names of brand names of same salt...jo aaj kuch aur hai aur kal kuch aur....

kindly do not allow to change one identity alleast...please
provide any flexibility in it but not the username

hope you will consider my words.
and if you have any logic in providing this facility..then please display the benifits regarding the same...


..thanks...

Valid points.! smiley24.gif

I would suggest a way out of this...
To make provisions for a display nick/ id which can be edited by the user....
and the registered nick/ id which exists as permanent, not open to self-edit.!

This shall give the user flexibility to "display" his nick as he/ she chooses..
Whereas other members can identify/ crosscheck by visiting his/ her homepage...
to verify the "registered nick/ id" in case of trolls/ fake id's.!



@RxPG_Team : Also, if you could put an option for a "mood message/update" that would make profile page a tad more interesting..!
Moreover, if this gets incorporated to the RxPG messenger "status", it would add more fun to the "chatting" experience.! icon_smile.gif

Lotts more ideas are brewing.. icon_cool.gif
..will pour out as &when possible.!!

To elaborate upon the ''display nick/ id''...
we can already see the name/ gender in the scrapbook page of the user..
As this one is open to edit, it can be made more ''visible'' at various places viz. Messenger, profile page etc..
...maybe even posts made by the user.....!

However, confusion shall arise in case of posts made by the user..
i.e before and after the ''edit in username''....

For the same purpose, i suggested display of original registered nick/ id on homepage..!

Waiting to hear what the Team has decided on this issue.!! icon_smile.gif


thanks for showing consideration...but i think the alternative still does not solve the problem.....

To have a same registered id but having different display id does not have any meaning....

1....well what is DISPLAYED is being displayed for the others....so does it mean that every time if my friend or anyone else changes his/her display id ,,,,i have to check again and again his home page.....

2....if some one is fraud...every time one has to warn the others that pls go and check ...he is the same ....

3....again discussions in the forums will loose the continuity and faith....

4..why one is changing his display id...but obvious he wants to hide himself....or else very few people at this age of maturity finds any charm in changing his/her name

I THINK IT IS THE NAME ONLY (DISPLAY ID)WHICH IS ONES OWN PROPERTY BUT 99.99% USED BY THE OTHERS....so by changing it,,, self looses 0.01% but others losses 99.99% of it...

hope you does not mind but my suggestion would be that you should start a request corner where one can apply for changing username and should be permitted with valid reasons like difficult to remember or reflecting negativity(but having clean record or is verified user)...or whatever you find okay...ALONG with it the old id to be flashed with the new one for atleast month or two...so that others may get familiar with the guy....

i am sorry to everyone but i am against it....

thanks icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif


K_Sara_Sara


12345n67890 wrote:
thanks for showing consideration...but i think the alternative still does not solve the problem.....

To have a same registered id but having different display id does not have any meaning....

1....well what is DISPLAYED is being displayed for the others....so does it mean that every time if my friend or anyone else changes his/her display id ,,,,i have to check again and again his home page.....

2....if some one is fraud...every time one has to warn the others that pls go and check ...he is the same ....

3....again discussions in the forums will loose the continuity and faith....

4..why one is changing his display id...but obvious he wants to hide himself....or else very few people at this age of maturity finds any charm in changing his/her name

I THINK IT IS THE NAME ONLY (DISPLAY ID)WHICH IS ONES OWN PROPERTY BUT 99.99% USED BY THE OTHERS....so by changing it,,, self looses 0.01% but others losses 99.99% of it...

hope you does not mind but my suggestion would be that you should start a request corner where one can apply for changing username and should be permitted with valid reasons like difficult to remember or reflecting negativity(but having clean record or is verified user)...or whatever you find okay...ALONG with it the old id to be flashed with the new one for atleast month or two...so that others may get familiar with the guy....

i am sorry to everyone but i am against it....

thanks icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

Hi.!
Its nice to see ur concern regarding exchange of info in forums.!
I would like to suggest 2 threads which shall introduce you to 2 powerful tools in RxPG...
..meant to deal with the menace of fake id's and trolls..
in order to keep the discussion in forums healthy & relevant..

The Feedback option in posts icon_arrow.gif
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!

Verification of RxPG account icon_arrow.gif
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!


RxPG has retained its authentic & user friendly image over the years..
which reflects in its growing popularity..
This has been possible by the dedicated Team & Admin and members like you..
who make efforts to help out others & share the concern for healthy & authentic exchange in forums.!

Thanx again..! icon_smile.gif
Keep up the RxPGian spirit.! smiley24.gif


Drjay13
Aim NEET PG 2012

So after 10 pages of discussion..question is still the same!

Is it possible to edit my Username? Atleast 1ce?

MCQ Crammer (Beta)
Free New MCQ Revision Tool by RxPG
 Page 1 of 1
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  
 

Home -> Forums -> [Help/Newbie] -> Should RxPG allow to change usernames?
 

[Help/Newbie] Community
RxPG community for 14 years
4,531 active members | 11,193 posts

Topic ID #178807
Started 5 years ago
6 community credits
3 contributors
6 posts | 2,732 views
Thread index Print thread Feed


Advertisements
Server Status: 125 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 0.448 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials


About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook