RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features


RxPG :: View topic - How to upload images in your signature & Avatar  
 Page 1 of 1
Author Message

BGM


Help: How to upload images in your signature & Avatar
Tips: How to upload images in your signature & Avatar
*********************************************************************

icon_arrow.gif 1. First go to RxPG front page.

icon_arrow.gif 2. Click on the "My Images" link in the yellow bar,then your RxPG image shack will open.


CLICK TO ZOOM

icon_arrow.gif 3. Click on "Upload Images" link, then the upload box will open. click on "Browse" and select the image in your PC.


CLICK TO ZOOM

icon_arrow.gif 4. After the image is loaded, you will see a page with lots of links below it.

CLICK TO ZOOM

The link in the second box named "Direct link for use in avatar control panel" is for posting AVatars
&
The link in the fourth box named "BB code for posting images in RxPG forums" are for loading images in signatures & postin images in RxPG forums.

Click on "select" in the box u want, ie box no.2 for AVatars & box no.4 for signatures.


icon_arrow.gif 5. Then go to RxPG front page. you will see a link named "Edit profile" in the top of the page, click on it.

icon_arrow.gif 6. A page will open, scroll down, in the middle of the page, you will see a box named "Signature", paste the link copied before(from box no.4), then scroll down and press submit.


CLICK TO ZOOM

icon_arrow.gif 7. To load a signature, after you click "edit profile" link, scroll down to the bottom of the page. In the lowest part, you will see a box named "Link to offsite avatar", paste the link copied from box no.2 and press submit.


CLICK TO ZOOM

All the best friends icon_smile.gif

UNANSWERED: Dnb anesthesia

BGM


Please note:

icon_arrow.gif Avatars >6kb/>100*110 dimensions will not be accpeted in RxPG forums

icon_arrow.gif Animated gif would work if you limit the dimension of your gif under 200 by 200 pixels.



suhasani
Aim NEET PG

hey BGM thanx i got it ths time....


BGM


For more info on posting images in RxPG forums, please see this post made by RxPG team.
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!



BGM


suhasani wrote:
hey BGM thanx i got it ths time....


You are most welcome, pal.. btw nice AV icon_smile.gif


Whiterose
Aim USMLE Step 1

THANX BUDDY,,I SPENT MNTHS WONDERIN 4M WHERE DO ALL GT MAST AVYS..
N IT WS SO EASYY.COOL.


BGM


My pleasure madame,

btw u seem very happy in ur new AV! icon_biggrin.gif


nargis
Aim NONE

HEY THANKS !!! icon_smile.gif I HAVE UPLOADED MINE !


BGM


icon_biggrin.gif I am very happy to see everyone using cool AVs & siggies.. Lage raho!


ameer


Whiterose wrote:
THANX BUDDY,,I SPENT MNTHS WONDERIN 4M WHERE DO ALL GT MAST AVYS..
N IT WS SO EASYY.COOL.


your new AV is really good........ you dunno how i hated that Aish pic...........


Whiterose
Aim USMLE Step 1

ameer wrote:
Whiterose wrote:
THANX BUDDY,,I SPENT MNTHS WONDERIN 4M WHERE DO ALL GT MAST AVYS..
N IT WS SO EASYY.COOL.


your new AV is really good........ you dunno how i hated that Aish pic...........


EVN I WS BORED OF IT N M TOO NT FAN OF ASH...
WS STUCK WID IT AS I DINT KNW HW TO UPLOAD..

NYWAYS,,,AS BGM PUT IT,,M PRETTY HAPPY WID D CHANGE.. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif


BGM


IF ANYONE NEED HELP REGARDING

HOW TO RESIZE PICTURES SO AS TO MAKE THEM FIT IN AVATAR CONTROL PANEL,


PLEASE SEE THIS LINK
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!



ameer


Whiterose wrote:
ameer wrote:
Whiterose wrote:
THANX BUDDY,,I SPENT MNTHS WONDERIN 4M WHERE DO ALL GT MAST AVYS..
N IT WS SO EASYY.COOL.


your new AV is really good........ you dunno how i hated that Aish pic...........


EVN I WS BORED OF IT N M TOO NT FAN OF ASH...
WS STUCK WID IT AS I DINT KNW HW TO UPLOAD..

NYWAYS,,,AS BGM PUT IT,,M PRETTY HAPPY WID D CHANGE.. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif


I can see that and i am happy for you


muba


thanx dude!

uploaded!


BGM


muba wrote:
thanx dude!

uploaded!


[img]http://www.rxpgonline.com/modules/Shack/uploads/muba/w.s.m1.bmp[/img]

Well pal, u have uploaded a .bmp image in ur signature..
bmp images woth open in rxpg..
What u need to do is,
open the image in MS Paint..
Then "Save As"
in it, in the "Save as type" select "JPEG" and save the image..
Jpg images will be accepted in rxpg..
All the best!



muba


k....cool!


BGM


Re: Tips: How to upload images in your signature & Avata
BGM wrote:
Tips: How to upload images in your signature & Avatar
*********************************************************************

icon_arrow.gif 1. First go to RxPG front page.

icon_arrow.gif 2. Click on the "My Images" link in the yellow bar,then your RxPG image shack will open.


CLICK TO ZOOM

icon_arrow.gif 3. Click on "Upload Images" link, then the upload box will open. click on "Browse" and select the image in your PC.


CLICK TO ZOOM

icon_arrow.gif 4. After the image is loaded, you will see a page with lots of links below it.

CLICK TO ZOOM

The link in the second box named "Direct link for use in avatar control panel" is for posting AVatars
&
The link in the fourth box named "BB code for posting images in RxPG forums" are for loading images in signatures & postin images in RxPG forums.

Click on "select" in the box u want, ie box no.2 for AVatars & box no.4 for signatures.


icon_arrow.gif 5. Then go to RxPG front page. you will see a link named "Edit profile" in the top of the page, click on it.

icon_arrow.gif 6. A page will open, scroll down, in the middle of the page, you will see a box named "Signature", paste the link copied before(from box no.4), then scroll down and press submit.


CLICK TO ZOOM

icon_arrow.gif 7. To load a signature, after you click "edit profile" link, scroll down to the bottom of the page. In the lowest part, you will see a box named "Link to offsite avatar", paste the link copied from box no.2 and press submit.


CLICK TO ZOOM

All the best friends icon_smile.gif


icon_eek.gif icon_confused.gif Oh no! the images got mixed up with another images! Friends, just click and zoom the cat pics to see the real pics..


muba


thanx again!


BGM


You are most welcome!
And look like the image problem got fixed! I had uploaded the images on photobucket in an album. And a few days back i uploaded some cat images with the same name into my photobucket album, thus causing the images to get interchanged!
Anyway now its fixed.



BGM


TROUBLE SHOOTING WHILE POSTING PICTURES IN SIGGIES / RxPG FORUMS

If u edit ur profile while u r using a pic in ur siggy,

You may see that the pic is not showing up in ur siggy,

instead u see a link like this one,


[img][http://www.rxpgonline.com/modules/Shack/uploads/BGM/needav1.gif]http://www.rxpgonline.com/modules/Shack/uploads/BGM/needav1.gifhttp://[/img]

In that scenario, just remove that http:// and post again.

Your picture will reappear.



BGM


Re: Tips: How to upload images in your signature & Avata
BGM in the first post wrote:
icon_arrow.gif 7. To load a signature, after you click "edit profile" link, scroll down to the bottom of the page. In the lowest part, you will see a box named "Link to offsite avatar", paste the link copied from box no.2 and press submit.

All the best friends icon_smile.gif


icon_confused.gif icon_eek.gif Typing error! Its Avatar instead of signature. Sorry.

icon_arrow.gif 7. To load an Avatar, after you click "edit profile" link, scroll down to the bottom of the page. In the lowest part, you will see a box named "Link to offsite avatar", paste the link copied from box no.2 and press submit

And sorry for change in images! Last image in the 1st post is now changed to a baby pic!!! Please click and zoom the pics to see the real images.



RxPG_Team


Thanks BGM for a fantastic help thread. One more tip for a successful image:

Make sure that your file name for the image does not contain any spaces or special characters like "+" and it would work like charm!

Cheers

P.S: Would it be possible for someone to compile all the tips floating around in this thread in a single post?


BGM


RxPG_Team wrote:
P.S: Would it be possible for someone to compile all the tips floating around in this thread in a single post?


Sure! Team.. It will be my pleasure..


BGM


ERROR IN THE FIRST POST

Dear Fellow RxPGians,

CLICK AND ZOOM THE IMAGES IN THE 1ST POST TO SEE THE REAL IMAGES.

As i named the images 1.jpg,2.jpg,3.jpg etc while uploading, there was overlap in the images resulting in the change of images in the 1st post. The images in the first post can change with out my knowledge, As any images with the same name uploaded in RxPG/Photobucket by anyone will result in change of the images.

For Example … My 1st image in the first post had the link as i153 . photobucket . com / albums / s240 / guy6600crazy / RxPG / 1 . jpg
But the image showing has the link
rxpgonline . com/thbnail/RxPG_Team_1 . jpg

And the second image had the link as
i153 . photobucket . com / albums / s240 / guy6600crazy / RxPG / 1 . jpg
but the image showing has the link
rxpgonline . com / thbnail / RxPG_Team_2 . jpg


I think this problem rose bcoz of the too simple filenames I used.

So i am starting a new thread with the same name.

And i request Dear RxPG team to either delete/Lock this thread bcoz The images in the 1st post can change to any kind of images without my knowledge. bcoz of the similar names.


RxPG users are requested not to post in this thread,

Instead use this new thread..
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!




narendranath110




MCQ Crammer (Beta)
Free New MCQ Revision Tool by RxPG
 Page 1 of 1
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  
 

Home -> Forums -> [Help/Newbie] -> How to upload images in your signature & Avatar
 

[Help/Newbie] Community
RxPG community for 13 years
4,342 active members | 10,894 posts

Topic ID #67859
Started 10 years ago
8 contributors
25 posts | 9,732 views
Thread index Print thread Feed


Advertisements
Server Status: 124 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 0.518 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials


About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook