RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - General queries about USMLE  
 Page 5 of 22 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

AshB

drtask wrote:
can any one tell me how to change oct-nov-dec slot to jan- feb -mar slot.do i need to apply again using new 2007 application material.
need your help here...

No, u need to act as follows...
In case of IWA:
Complete online part, pay fees fill certification from (Form 183-E), and send it to ECFMG.

In case of Paper application:
Fill form 176 and Form 183-E
Send all to ECFMG.

* In ur case i guess they shud reach ECFMG before 25th of Jan.
* If u r a graduate and ur form 186 is already accepted u don't need to send form 183-E.

Hope it helps.

UNANSWERED: BUY DRIVERS LICENSE ONLINE realdocumentservices.com, WE PROCESS AND PRODUCE BOTH REAL AND FAKE DRIVER'S LICENSE.

drtask
Aim USMLE Step 2 CK

your post helped a lot....ashwin.
my form 186 has been accepted and i have applied thru iwa.so,
1. i need to complete the online application again,
2.pay a reshedulling fees.
did i get it right?

how much is the fees ?whole fees??

but one more q how many days ideally should be assigned for revision of step 1. i mean all kap notes,kap q bank solving,and first aid etc.

i have completed first reading but dont know how to plan revision.
thanks again ash b....

drche

the rescheduling fees is 50 $... and u dont have to apply online again. there is a specific link for rescheduling..from iwa...pls see that...

and the time reqd for revision...it all depends on how fast u go...like, if u just need to flip the pages and revise, it should take abt 30-40 days ...

AshB

drtask wrote:
your post helped a lot....ashwin.
my form 186 has been accepted and i have applied thru iwa.so,
1. i need to complete the online application again,
2.pay a reshedulling fees.
did i get it right?

how much is the fees ?whole fees??

drche has already answered ur queries. Go to that specific link for extension and follow d steps. Pay d fees and its over.. icon_smile.gif

sherly
Aim USMLE Step 1

mcat usmle??
see, in usa after finishing 12th std , one has to complete 4 yrs of undergraduate degree in any field. if one choose to become a doctor, he will be taking the required science classes in that degree. and then in ur 4th yr he will be applying for MCAT which is equal to PMT here in india. now with the scores of MCAT , a letter of recommandation, and your previous work experience and many other things, he will get admission in to a med school.

rock2
Aim USMLE Step 1

img
hi i m img from india preparing for usmle... i wanna know that is it very difficult to get visa for us while going for step2 cs... plz reply . i m tensed......

lyla
Aim PLAB Part 1

time for step1
whats the least preparation time approx for step1, i know thats a pretty stupid question but i m desperate, can i take setp 1 in januaryif i start prearing now? i m well in touch with my studies, i did my PLAb 1 in first attempt with good scores

AshB

Re: time for step1
lyla wrote:
whats the least preparation time approx for step1, i know thats a pretty stupid question but i m desperate, can i take setp 1 in januaryif i start prearing now? i m well in touch with my studies, i did my <a href="http://plab.rxpg.com">PLAB</a>
1 in first attempt with good scores

These things are pretty subjective but if u want a single answer.. Yes u can. Read thru step1 forum for more details and views.

Just remember preps only r not enuf, questions is whether u'll be able to get a date in Jan too!

drk2
Aim USMLE Step 1

How one can be a family physician after USMLE?
Hi..I am an intern and I am planning for US...I heared from my friend that even with very low score you can become a family doctor in US?
How one can be a family doctor?
Does one need to do any residency 4 that?
What are average salries for family physicians in US?
Plz someone give information on this topic...

ieltsforall
Aim USMLE Step 1

Preparation query
Hi great and all usmlers , i am going to take my step 1 in the end of jan or 1st week of feb but still i had done kaplan and first aid and now a days i m kaplan q bank.the problem present here is that one of my friend told me that in 2007 they are changing question and may introduce newone well i dont know secondly , the retaing problem can it is a better idea to go for first aid for microbiogy and pharmacology and do q bank because ho to retain another problem rightnow about images i dont know how many questions come from CT scan and these type of stuff still i didnot do this one kindly kindly kindly plz reply me urgently i will be grateful to all of you icon_rolleyes.gif kindly tell me is that first aid is enough for micro and pharma if i wil do q bank plz all the best all of you

dr_canna
Aim NEET PG

hi i wanna try my luck in aipge in jan07 n then giv us mle a thought. i finish my internship in feb 2007. so if i make up my mind in march when will actually be able to give mle

AshB

Re: How one can be a family physician after <a href=
drk2 wrote:
Hi..I am an intern and I am planning for US...I heard from my friend that even with very low score you can become a family doctor in US?
How one can be a family doctor?
Does one need to do any residency 4 that?
What are average salries for family physicians in US?
Plz someone give information on this topic...

U have to do a residency in family practice.
Avg salaries are arounf $1,50,00 p.a.

AshB

dr_canna wrote:
hi i wanna try my luck in <a href="http://www.rxpgonline.com/forum2.html">AIPGE</a>
in jan07 n then giv us mle a thought. i finish my internship in feb 2007. so if i make up my mind in march when will actually be able to give mle

U need to register about 3 months in advance of ur planned exam date.

Time 4 preps depend solely on ur level of previous preps for AIPG but about 1.5 to 2 months for USMLE specific studies for step1 to supplement ur previous prep.

drk2
Aim USMLE Step 1

Thanks...
Thanks icon_smile.gif AshB for the info which you gave...
But I have some few more questions..
Help me if you can...
1>What are the scores by which one can get into residency in family practice?
2>Is this the same type of residency as in Internal medicine?..I mean the same 3 yrs residency?
3>Is it really easy to get into this residency?
4>Does one need to pass step 3 before getting into this or it is same as others,step1,2ck&s?
Pl give me info....

dr_prettypam
Aim USMLE Step 1

transcripts????
hi thr! its really an amazing site.i came to kw it thru my 4n.
m a 3rd yr student,juz strtd prep 4 mle(main reason is me gettin a green card thru family immigration,lucky ryt icon_wink.gif )
THANX ashb,u provided basic info.all da best
I was wondering wat r trancripts exactly,hws it useful( i met many many residents der who mentioned bt it,bt cud not get a clear idea)
And wats r advantages of havin my greencard in gettin residency

thanx rxpg team,ashb n all 4 valuable info
KEEP ROCKIN

arundhutik
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi, can u please tell me which question bans should i follow for step1. and from where to get them.
thanks.

mamidala
Aim DM Cardiology

hi is usmle preparation completely different from pg preparation?

sherly
Aim USMLE Step 1

to ans ur ques
for the 1st quest: look in to this thread more carefully and u will get the ans to what score u need to get into mediicne depart or any other depart

yes being a family practioner is the same as internal medicine here. you would need 3 yrs of residency in the medicine department.

you need to complete step 1 , 2 and step 2 csa before applying for residency in usa but you can give step 3 anytime during ur residency in usa.

you need to give usmle step 1, 2 , and 2 csa before going for any residency program in usa.

kishores85
Aim USMLE Step 1

hi there
transcripts are documents which your med school provides stating how many hours of each specialty you have done as part of your med school curriculum.
regards green card....its certainly an advantage....can't say if u hit the jackpot....well don't worry about that....just try & get good scores
i hope it helped
kindest regards
kish

Jom_N_Terry

Within how many years post-mbbs are we counted as recent medical garduate?

AshB

Jom_N_Terry wrote:
Within how many years post-mbbs are we counted as recent medical garduate?

Usually 2 years post MBBS is counted as Recent Medical Grad.

mabdalla
Aim USMLE Step 1

Adj. prof. in south alabama .. any advatages .. plz help!
hello all

simply my inquiry is .. my uncle is an american & Adj Professor in south alabama school of medicine .. i live in egypt & wanna apply 4 USMLE .. wt advatages i can get from my uncle position through all steps & residency issue ???

thx 4 ur time

henry2006
Aim Canada

hi guyz
hey i m askin silly question.wats time limit after i give step 1 n step 2 ck 2 give step 2 cs ???????is tat valid if i can give step 1 n 2 n then give cs later when i wants or we have 2 complete in given duration plz reply guyz

drche

@ mabdalla: u may try for some clerkship posts with ur uncle's help..and first hand us clinical experience is a sure way to get into the residency program, along with nice scores in the usmle.

@ henry2006: thevalidity for each exam result is 7 years. u may take the steps as u please. there is no definite order or anything to be followed. step1 and step2 eligibility periods r for 3 months at at time. and step2 cs eligibility period is for an year. that means, u may take step1 and/or step2 ck within the 3 months eligibility period assigned for u and cs any time in an year as ur elig. period says.

drnic
Aim Karnatka PG

i hv cmpltd my mbbsdis yr only, plz tell me 4m where to start for mle prepration?

drnic
Aim Karnatka PG

shd i go for sm coaching or self study wl b sufficnt 4 MLE ?

henry2006
Aim Canada

thanx drche
so if i give step 1 n step 2 ck then i can give sc any time up to a year isnt it like tat na????n if i m not able 2 give cs in next 1yr then wat will hapen??????

sampurna
Aim USMLE Step 1

hello,
hi,

how can i know wether i passed usmle step 1 thru oasis ?i heard we can know this in advance thru oasis but dont have any clue how ? please help me !

thanx

henry2006
Aim Canada

Hi
guyz wat about fellowships after neurology???can we get in neurosurgery ????
And also can we get gud fellowships?????or it is like surgery near 2 impossible??????

henry2006
Aim Canada

hi again
hey n is tat possible 2 do observership on visitors visa??????????can we do tat?n also externship or research is possible on visitors visa?????if i take 10 yr visitor visa of usa can i give step 2 cs on tat??????

sampurna
Aim USMLE Step 1

i guess observership is possible on visitor visa coz 1 of my friends husband is doin observership on tourist visa !

drganguli
Aim NEET PG

taking the usmle after indian pg training: 10 FAQs

Hi everybody I am new to this forum. I have completed my internship in March 2006 and now am preparing for AIPGMEE'07. Due to some personal reasons I plan to write my usmle steps while doing my PG training in India or right after that. It'll be great if some of you take your time in answering my querries:
1. What is the right speciality to do PG in to get residency slots in psychiatry and internal medicine in US?
2. During my busy PG years what is the right time to write my steps 1 and 2(ck)?
3. How expensive can the whole affair (i mean exams, round trips to usa, visa fees, attorney, interviews, matching, etc) be?
4. What are the scores like, which can fetch slots in IM and psychiatry to older (>5 yrs) graduates?
5. How far can publications and interviews help? i've heard they can turn tables.
6. Does clearing the USMLE and doing a fellowship entitle one to unrestricted practice in US even if one hasn't done residency there? Is there any direct 5-yr fellowship program in pulmonary and critical care or gastroentero/hepatology?
7. What is USCE? How can one gather USCE if he or she has absolutely no contacts in USA?
8. When does the match take place? Does residency always begin on the 1st of July?
9. Is there any medical fitness testing at any stage? If yes, what are the physical standards required?
10. With all the money the residents get after paying taxes is it possible to run a family of two residents while growing kids and repaying loans taken toward the exams?
Guys, i know my list is long and you may find some of my questions silly and boring. But please reply and help me clear all the confusions. Thanks a million!!

fragile_x
Aim USMLE Jobs

1. about preparation,books etc., this might help....http://www.rxpgonline.com/postt47421.html

im sure there have been additions by other members too, go and read em maan! ( i know its hard work! )

2.yes u can take CS exam, do observership on B1/B2 visitor's visa.

3.there are no scores that can grant u a residenct spot in IM or for that matter anything else. There are many factors. By and large, Psychiatry,FP and peds. are less competitive than IM.

4. u probably wont be able to take usmle in 1st yr of PG cuz u'll be working like a horse then. so take em in yrs 2 and 3.

5. expensive?? the whole affair would put u back by at least 5 lakhs. maybe more.

6. im not aware of any 5-yr fellowship in GI or plum./critic care. Anyway, forget about GI,its more competitive than cardio. YOU CANT GET IT,as simple as that (orry for being blunt).

7. Residency begins in July but orientation begins b4 that in June. It depends from hospital to hospital.

8. No education loans are available for tkaing the exams, only personal loan i suppose. Yes, on a salary of 2 residents, u'll manage to survive quite well. The kids and loans may make it a bit hard, but quite manageable.

Hope this helps.

ADIOS!

PS- I'm back!

drganguli
Aim NEET PG

thanks a lot fragile_x. you have been already of great help....and about the multiple threads, it's just that my server wasn't working well. so, i ended up posting three threads. i am sorry.
thank you once again.

drganguli
Aim NEET PG

hi everybody,
we need more people like fragil_x. so all wise men and women out there, please post your replies. thanks!

doc_g
Aim Surgery

Transcripts and Residency
This might seem like a stupid question BUt how important are the grades/marks on my MBBS transcripts for getting residency to a US university ?

henry2006
Aim Canada

Hi
hey guyz wats b1/b2 visa suggest?can we give step 2 cs on tat visa n also observership plz give me information proper for tat

fragile_x
Aim USMLE Jobs

henry, if u had cared to look 2 posts above, u would have known.

cant believe on the level of laziness of ppl!

henry2006
Aim Canada

hey
sorry fragile x.but my question is 10yr visitor visa if i get then is it possible 2 give exam on tat?????n tat b1/b2 visa can we get or its difficult i knw we cant predict but if i hav sponser there then???????

fragile_x
Aim USMLE Jobs

1. yes i was exactly talkin bout tht. u can take the exams on B1/2.

2. u wont need a sponsor for B1/2. In fact its counter-productive to let embassy know tht u have relatives in US for the purpose of B1/2.

hope this helps.

henry2006
Aim Canada

hey
thanx yar gud advise n is this visa getteble?wat r chances of rejection????n if i take 10yr visitor visa now as a student then it wil be advantage than takin as a doctor??

fragile_x
Aim USMLE Jobs

yes the visa is certainly get-able ( is there such a word? lemme look).

my advise- get the services of a visa/immigration professional. will cost u only 5000 bucks. value for money.

henry2006
Aim Canada

hey
thanx yar 1last advise plz 4 me???i apply 4 vistior visa now or after completin mbbs wat u suggest??n ya get n able r such diff words

fragile_x
Aim USMLE Jobs

apply when u have scored good scores in both step1 and CK.

henry2006
Aim Canada

hey
my frnd actually said if u apply now as a student then it will be easier 2 get then after completion of mbbs is anythn like tat??????

kaps69
Aim AIPGE 2016

I WISH RXPG WEBSITE ALL THE LUCK
I HAVE GREAT FAITH IN RXPG MODERATORS AND ALL THE TECHNICAL PEOPLE BEHIND THIS WONDERFUL WEBSITE WHICH IS THE LIFELINE OF MEDICOS.

AND ITS A GREAT DEFEAT FOR THE HACKERS AND ALL THOSE WHO TRIED TO BRING IT DOWN BUT COULD NOT DO SO FOR A LONG TIME...
ALL THE BEST GUYS !
U R THE BEST!
________

AshB

Re: hey
henry2006 wrote:
my frnd actually said if u apply now as a student then it will be easier 2 get then after completion of mbbs is anythn like tat??????

I suggest u stop listening to that uninformed friend of urs and take time out to read the hot topics in MLE forum first.

Then ask ur new questions please. Every thing u have asked has been answered and discussed tens of times. PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT TOPICS FIRST from the following link and then we'll help u on ur questions.
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!

AshB

Re: Transcripts and Residency
doc_g wrote:
This might seem like a stupid question BUt how important are the grades/marks on my MBBS transcripts for getting residency to a US university ?

Not important unless u flunked a subject or two. Even then they r not too important if u can manage to get decent scores.

fragile_x
Aim USMLE Jobs

In fact during my interviews i felt the contrary.

They kept on asking me..u have such nice scores but y didnt u get any gold/silver medal in ur med. school.

being in top5 or 10% of ur class(and tht written on mspe) or being gold/silver medalist sure helps. it does impress the interviewers, no kiddin.

AshB

fragile_x wrote:
In fact during my interviews i felt the contrary.

They kept on asking me..u have such nice scores but y didnt u get any gold/silver medal in ur med. school.

being in top5 or 10% of ur class(and tht written on mspe) or being gold/silver medalist sure helps. it does impress the interviewers, no kiddin.

Yeah.. being in top 5% certainly adds a star but what i mean is that not being there doesn't take too much away from u, if u can perform well on MLE.

Like my senior, who was a below average performer during MBBS and even flunked a subject did well on MLE n was able to defend his under performance well at the interview, got a highly competitive program.

Plus its not the gold medal but the apparent lack of it that seems to be bugging doc_g here! icon_biggrin.gif icon_wink.gif icon_lol.gif

P.S. Good luck again ari for ur match! We'll need a lot of guidance from u here in coming times. icon_smile.gif

MCQ Crammer (Beta)
Free New MCQ Revision Tool by RxPG
 Page 5 of 22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> beforeUSMLE -> General queries about USMLE

beforeUSMLE Community
RxPG community for 17 years
1,575 active members | 4,607 posts

Topic ID #55698
Started 15 years ago
104 community credits
391 contributors
1,095 posts | 502,683 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 92 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 0.481 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook