RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

Author: The_DruidPostPosted:     Post subject:

hmmmm...... guess i'll have to start deleting scraps then! i hate doing that.....

Author: The_DruidPostPosted:     Post subject:

i was wondering if we could have user specific pages in our scrap book..... i mean all scraps from a particular user come on one page. that way it would be easier to look at scraps icon_smile.gif

Author: seashorePostPosted:     Post subject:

ya..............i hope rxpg modifies this.........i want to keep all my scraps........dont wanna delete them icon_sad.gif plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................

Author: RxPG_TeamPostPosted:     Post subject:

RxPG :: View topic - RxPG ScrapBook Beta - Change log and Feedback Thread! RxPG ScrapBook Beta - Change log and Feedback Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
RxPG -> [Help/Newbie]

Author: pearllysun PostPosted:     Post subject:

BGM wrote:
pearllysun wrote:
The_Druid wrote:
Why can't I see my older scraps???

me too wonder the same icon_smile.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

Currently the scrapbook doesn't have the facility to switch to the older pages.
However, we can see older scraps if we delete some visible scraps.
Sadly no other way exists.

yup . no other way exists , hope team rectifies this issue .
The_Druid wrote:
i was wondering if we could have user specific pages in our scrap book..... i mean all scraps from a particular user come on one page. that way it would be easier to look at scraps icon_smile.gif

Good idea. Idea given to development team

Author: rmh PostPosted:     Post subject:

@ Rxpg team

Is there a facility for ignoring scraps, as we have in other sites??

Plz reply.. obliged..

Author: Akil PostPosted:     Post subject:

In the community profile page..... There are options like Dental- USA, Dental-Europe, Dental-UK etc etc... what about Dental-India!!!!

Most prepare for State as well as All India and hence Dental-India would be a required addition in the list of all the state/national/Internation exam list in the community center profile page.

Author: prolene PostPosted:     Post subject:

There is no option for a PG degree in preparing for List. The PG degree is FCPS.

FCPS is abreviated for Fellow of College of Surgeons and Physicians. Its the highest ranked degree in Pakistan. There is no other degree in Pakistan which has more value than FCPS.

To prove i will have to provide some outside links:

Official website of College of Physians and Surgeons of Pakistan:
Only RxPG members can see links here! Register or Login!

There are two parts, info here:

FCPS - Medicine has exemption from Part I of MRCP:

Also FCPS Gynaecology and Obs has Exemption from Part I MRCOG:

Kindly add this FCPS degree in the List of Preparing for List. Thanks.

Other reliable sources of info for FCPS include: Yaho group from CPSP, Orkut social networking site.

Thanks.

Author: Dr_Akil PostPosted:     Post subject:

RxPG_TEAM are you there at all ?

Akil wrote:
In the community profile page..... There are options like Dental- USA, Dental-Europe, Dental-UK etc etc... what about Dental-India!!!!

Most prepare for State as well as All India and hence Dental-India would be a required addition in the list of all the state/national/Internation exam list in the community center profile page.

This is still pending ...

RxPG_Team wrote:
The_Druid wrote:

Good idea. Idea given to development team

Some ideas remain just as ideas ... hmmm. But why ?

Author: RxPG_Team PostPosted:     Post subject:

Good question. Resource management dictates priority in development and management. This idea, although a novel one, was categorised in the to do list for future versions of RxPG. Security and traffic management remains the top priorities for RxPG during our busy months.

In any case, please feel free to leave the suggestions here. Every suggestion is read by us.

RxPG_Team wrote:
Security and traffic management remains the top priorities for RxPG during our busy months.

Is this a way of saying "We have some system administrators but not enough coders/programmers with the required expertise?"

You mean addition of "dental-India" to the drop down box would take hours of development team's resources! ... I wonder. Anyway that is the least of my botheration but I mentioned it as an example of how much attention is being given to suggestion of users ... or how much is a programmer/coder in dearth in RxPG!

Security ... aww ... Now this is more serious than the trivial issue stated above!

As much there is TOS everywhere, there is NO sign of any place where people can learn how to safe guard themselves online.

It is nice to read a "legally correct" TOS to protect the site's copyrights and interests. But, I feel not as much thought has been put regarding the site's user - safety and security online in the front end. This is the need of the hour ...

Moderator BGM has indeed done a great work discussing security issues and how to protect ourselves in internet in forums but they get lost in the countless threads of rxpg! So they do not really serve the purpose ...

There SHOULD be a document/suggestions on protocols for safety to prevent online abuse. There can be someone officially with limited arbitrary powers to guide users and suggest corrective actions etc;

Just because no one comes out with reports of abuse, does not mean it does not exist ... These things are always under reported and this should not lead to a false sense of security that RxPG is indeed free of trouble mongers!

And this should be supported with adequate tools/features. Even if the features come later ... the awareness needs to be spread and users made to follow them for their own good.

Isn't this a security concern ? So, what action will be planned now ?

I know this will now go through the tedious process of "sitting" and then LATER when board when meeting, will be 'putting' to vote in the Board meeting and then discussed and then decided to implement ... I do not mean this is WRONG but that some decisions and suggestions might need IMMEDIATE attention if it concerns the security of the users. Fast-track is the word ...

ABSOLUTELY UNBEARABLE ...

RxPG Community center which SHOWS glarngly that it is BETA is in PRODUCTION MODE open to ALL!

If it is still in beta then a warning to the same should be posted in the scrapbook and profile page so people DO know they are using an untested/under development module!

Each time I see the scrapbook page or profile of someone the first thing I see is the word BETA! Not many users would know BETA is another word for almost right but still might be buggy! That it still might have security holes in a minor way etc; Users should not be made to use an undertested module ... I insist strongly!

This brings to another important aspect of security: Testing ...

Is there a test site, where the beta modules can be tested first before being implemented ?

WHERE is the testing site ? Are users involved in the testing process to check consistencies with what the development team says ? Or do you just take the developer on their words blindly ? Developers can miss out on some obvious issues what users might be able to point out ... And if you are doing Beta

Testing on a production site ... and using live users to use it unsuspectingly ... I feel the same feeling of using pharmac drugs on unsuspecting users for testing it even before it is proven to be safe!

I am seriously concerned ...

So that brings another question ... How vigorous testing are modules subjected to before they are implemented on users ? A simple "yes".

A lack of resource or being short of man-power is NOT an excuse when it involves security of users. If there is a lack of a developer to further the module to perfection or to weed out bugs ... Then the feature should be scrapped/shelved until further development can happen. Or if that'd hurt the 'ego' of the site then, it should at least be made known to the people using it.

As an individual I am more concerned towards the safety of the users who unsuspectingly are using some beta module!

Some module being in BETA for more than 9 months seems disturbing ... ... especially when it is a community center module ... and more disturbing when people are using it more and more ... as time passes !

What is the opinion of other users on this ?

Thanks for your useful comments. A few clarifications are in order.

1. By "security" we meant technical security of the servers and the code system which is important for uninterrupted functioning of the website. Maintaining technical security is labour intensive and expensive.

2. scrapbook has been in beta for almost 2 years now. It is a large open public beta and is meant to test the durability of the code with large scale public use. The code of the scrapbook is developed continually although most of the changes would not be visible externally. We can not say for how long it would in beta. It is not experimentation on "people" but on code.

3. The interest of our users have always been our first priority and it is evident in the TOS which was designed with it as the main underlying principle. However if you have concerns about any specific part of TOS, you are welcome to discuss it.

Regards

RxPG_Team wrote:

1. By "security" we meant technical security of the servers and the code system which is important for uninterrupted functioning of the website. Maintaining technical security is labour intensive and expensive.
Regards

You think I was not aware of that when I raised the issue when I insisted that SITE security (or system security as you technically call it) was IMPORTANT for security of users but THAT ALONE would NOT suffice.

And I am also aware of the costs and labour of maintaining a server ... with all its code in running condition.

RxPG_Team wrote:

2. scrapbook has been in beta for almost 2 years now. It is a large open public beta and is meant to test the durability of the code with large scale public use. The code of the scrapbook is developed continually although most of the changes would not be visible externally. We can not say for how long it would in beta. It is not experimentation on "people" but on code.

For most, alpha, beta are common in biochemistry or immunology or medicine rather than knowing it is 'software/code under development which MIGHT have bugs'.

Isn't it common disclaimer on all beta softwares that are being available to public ? They always insist that it might not be stable and behave unexpectedly and so on! Right ? In the same vein, a mention can be made on the top of the RxPGites module too.

Thanks for the quick reply.

If there is anything else, I'd definitely post here.

Regards,
Akil

When I tried to delete my own scrap to some other number in their profile, I get this ...
Code:
http://www.rxpgonline.com/modules.php?name=RxPGites&mode=scrapbook&uid=63260¬ice=[b]illegal_operation_reported_to_site_admin[/b]

Is there some change being incorporated in the scrapbook after raising so much of a hue and cry ? If so, plz make it known ... thanks! We are all waiting !

Regards,
Akil

Dr_Akil wrote:
When I tried to delete my own scrap to some other number in their profile, I get this ...
Code:
http://www.rxpgonline.com/modules.php?name=RxPGites&mode=scrapbook&uid=63260¬ice=[b]illegal_operation_reported_to_site_admin[/b]

Is there some change being incorporated in the scrapbook after raising so much of a hue and cry ? If so, plz make it known ... thanks! We are all waiting !

Regards,
Akil

And yes, we ARE able to successfully delete scraps listed in OUR own profile.

The error with redirect comes ONLY when we try to delete our own scraps to others ...

Dr_Akil wrote:
Code:
RxPGites&mode=scrapbook&uid=632XX¬ice=illegal_operation_reported_to_site_admin

Thanks for reporting the bug. It is being looked into.

RxPG_Team wrote:
Dr_Akil wrote:
Code:

Thanks ....

Author: clueless PostPosted:     Post subject:

RxPG_Team wrote:
Dr_Akil wrote:
Code:

i don't get tat message ... but yes .. i get redirected back to my own scrap book ...

Has the feature of deleting your own scraps to others been disabled ? or is this a bug ... the scrap book has been actin' weird !!

clueless wrote:

i don't get tat message ... but yes .. i get redirected back to my own scrap book ...

Has the feature of deleting your own scraps to others been disabled ? or is this a bug ... the scrap book has been actin' weird !!

The Message will NOT be displayed in the page ...

[size=17]After the page has redirected, plz check the URL and the end of the url ... plz look closely ..

Code:
http://www.rxpgonline.com/modules.php?name=RxPGites&mode=scrapbook&uid=63260¬ice=illegal_operation_reported_to_site_admin

This is what I reported and plz RxPG_Team too can make note of it if I wasn't clear either ...
[/color]

Author: clueless PostPosted:     Post subject:

yea i see it now!

Thank you Akil

I think they are working on the scrapbook and community center ... perhaps. We will wait for their response!

It was a bug which has now been fixed. Please let us know if you face any more problem or need more assistance.

Conversation view is now enabled in scrapbook. It would allow you to see the conversation with any particular friend.

Author: drvarunagarwal PostPosted:     Post subject:

One feature everyone is sorely missing is the elementary features of Forum search and page jump to...

Can u imagine How difficult it is to go search for a topic or go to a particular page in 100 apge forum...

Pls look into the matter at the earliest... I couldn't find any other way to contact you...

Author: aparnadr PostPosted:     Post subject:

where can i see my scrapbook..unable to find it

aparnadr wrote:
where can i see my scrapbook..unable to find it

Author: 1214doc PostPosted:     Post subject:

thanks

Author: riyakibua PostPosted:     Post subject:

Hey. You updated the whole site but the support forum has results from before the update. Its really difficult for a newbie like me to use your cool features since I dont know how to use any. Please update your support forums. Thanks

RxPG -> [Help/Newbie]