RxPG - the perfect Rx for medical Post Graduate entrance blues!
Mobile Edition | Help/Newbie? | 24/7 Support
HOT | PrePG | MCQ | DNB | Careers | Books | Colleges | Dental | DocIndia | PLAB |  USMLE  | Australia | Canada | GLOBAL | OffBeat!
Articles | Forums | MCQ Crammer | Downloads | Mnemonics | Revision Tools | Recent Shouts | All Features

RxPG :: View topic - How to study in Final Year?  
 Page 1 of 1

drseth92
Aim Andhra Pradesh PG

How to study in Final Year?
Hello everyone!
Have just entered 8th sem (been 2 weeks) But I'm already scared looking at these huge books and wondering if it is even possible to finish them in one year!

I've bought Davidson, Bailey & Love, SRB, Sheila B.(Obs), Shaw and Ghai and these books are HUGE!

Should I revise Path, Anat, Pharma esp since my basics aren't very strong?

How many hours to study daily?

Tips or suggestions would be much appreciated!

UNANSWERED: Am I too old(24) for mbbs?

bunny61072
Aim USMLE Jobs

Hi Seth,

I finished my MBBS sometime back and my 2 cents worth of advice.

there is no need to study your para clinical subjects as the 8th sem books all have a section of the paraclinical pertaining to each chapter.

all the books that you have purchased can be used as a reference with your class notes. you can add on the extra and relevant points to your class notes.

I liked Shaw and studied it. It is actually very comprehensive and not exhaustive.

davidson is good as a reference. Bailey and love is also as a reference to your class notes.

as far as the number of hours go - try to revise the daily topics taught in the college the same day as well as adding on the relevant points. It will take a few hrs more but as you get used to the pace you should do it faster as days go by.

drseth92
Aim Andhra Pradesh PG

Thanks a lot for the reply!

Can you suggest how to go about in clinics esp medicine? Will Kundu be enough?

usha21
Aim MD Medicine

Kundu's bedside medicine is more than enough. Read in between lines of the book. Take the book at the bedside while confronting with a patient. Moreover, don't ignore your teacher's class notes.
Das's Clinical Surgery is another book you must read.

Essentials of Medical Pharmacology By KD Tripathi
Extensively revised and updated chapters to include recently introduced drugs, published information and therapeutic practices.
 Page 1 of 1
Advertisement solutions  :  Terms of service (TOS)  :  CC BY-NC-SA  

Home -> Forums -> MBBS -> How to study in Final Year?

MBBS Community
RxPG community for 18 years
2,877 active members | 10,361 posts

Topic ID #251791
Started 7 years ago
3 contributors
4 posts | 1,832 views
Thread index Print thread Feed

Advertisements
Server Status: 85 pages served in last minute. Page generation time: 3.487 seconds

Site Maps: [Books] [News] [Forums] [Reviews] [Mnemonics]

sitemap - top30 - centuries - testimonials

About Us :: Disclaimer :: Contact Us :: Reporting abuse :: Terms of Services :: Privacy Policy

Advertise with RxPG!
Made in India by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited

"RxPG" is a Registered Trademark

Chrome Web Store YouTube Twitter LinkedIn Wikipedia Facebook